“Excellent food, great first time experience”
Review of Hakkasan

Hakkasan
Ranked #98 of 14,683 Restaurants in Mumbai (Bombay)
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Hakkasan Mumbai opened in June 2011 in the fashionable Bandra district, and has since become one of the most popular dining destinations in the city. Designers Gilles & Boissier combined Hakkasan's signature design elements, such as dark-stained English oak screens and latticing, with a backlit blue glass that surrounds the contemporary restaurant. A 16-metre blue glass and stainless steel bar, along with an open-plan kitchen, add to the restaurant's sense of theatre. Serving an extensive range of vegetarian dishes alongside Hakkasan signature dishes, the restaurant accommodates 120 guests, including a private dining area and the 44-seat Ling Ling lounge.
Reviewed March 28, 2013

I have been to Hakkasan only once, with my friends who recommended it for great Chinese food. I must say, I was not disappointed. Apart from my soup being a bit salty to my taste, all the other food items were amazing. A great place to enjoy with friends with great Chinese food, drinks and superb atmosphere. I would definitely like to visit again with my family too.. I would also recommend Hakkasan to anybody looking for good food and great ambience..

1  Thank Rakesh T
HakkasanIndia, Representative at Hakkasan, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Hello Rakesh,

Thank you for your valuable comments and we are glad to hear that you liked our restaurant. We look forward to serve you often.

Team Hakkasan

There are newer reviews for Hakkasan

Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

I have been to this Hakkasan branch twice in 2 years. Being a Chinese, I find the food quality consistent & maintained high standards.

I tried the poor cousin Yauacha at BKC & was totally disappointed with the quality. Although it is cheaper, I would be happier to have the dining experience at Hakkasan.

Important takeout is that Hakkasan do not allow doggybag so don't be overly ambitious to over order as everything on the menu is very tempting.

Bon Appetito!

1  Thank Chinagan

Hello Guest,

Thank you for you valuable feedback and appreciating our food and service. Feedbacks like these help us serve better and better and meet the expectations of the customers. Look forward to see you often.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Fantastic food and really great staff. This isn't cheap but it is very, very nice. From the outset (being escorted in) to the conclusion (not being hurried) the service was really great. We felt it was a real treat. The food was really tasty, and wine whilst expensive was good. Three of us selected, dishes and shared which really added to the experience as we were all able to try different things.
One point of warning - our credit card was scammed here. We know for sure as it was the only place on the whole trip we used it - assuming it would be safe. They then put through a number of small transactions (about $20 each).
That added to the pricey start point!

1  Thank Ian S

Hello Guest,

Thank you for sharing such an indepth and a detailed account of your experience at Hakassan. We are truly humbled and pleased that you enjoyed the dining experience with us.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you with regards to your credit card. We have forwarded your complain to our superviser. We look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

On out week long stay in Mumbai we were also able to visit Hakkasan, which is considered one of the best restaurants in the city.
As far a looks go, Hakkasan is a winner - the interiors have the dark moody look or a bar, but intelligent lighting means that your table is actually very well lit. The interiors have some really nice details, and it's generally a pleasure to sit back and enjoy yourself. We visited on a weekday when it was quite quiet, but staff say that weekends get very busy. By Mumbai standards, the place is certainly really expensive, which means that you get an up-market crowd.
The food was a bit hit and miss - some things were good, others barely decent. Overall I'd avoid anything deep fried - they have not mastered the Asian art of light batter, and you get things that are drenched in oil and covered in heavy batter. I also found the flavors to be a bit muted - not something you'd expect in India, even if they were adjusting for local tastes - and the dining experience was underwhelming on the whole.
Service is very good - the waiters are prompt and engaging, without being too pushy or hovering (even on a slow day).
Would I go back - perhaps yes on a weekend, the bar looked great and I could see this as a place with great atmosphere. But not for the food alone.

2  Thank Cooki
YauatchaIndia, Public Relations Manager at Hakkasan, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review about your experience at Hakkasan Mumbai.

I am happy to note that you had a pleasant meal with us and the services extended by my team were to your satisfaction.

Thank you once again for having dined with us and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Yauatcha Mumbai.

Regards,
Samiya Shakir
Senior Manager - Sales and Marketing
samiya.shakir@kahospitality.com

Reviewed December 21, 2012

A different menu, great food. Some of the dishes are overpriced but I guess its in line with the hype of the place.

YauatchaIndia, Public Relations Manager at Hakkasan, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback about your experience at Hakkasan.

We are glad that we could make your experience memorable. Thank you once again for having dined with us and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Hakkasan

Thanks and Regards