“Staff is rude!”
Review of The Square

The Square
Ranked #471 of 14,722 Restaurants in Mumbai (Bombay)
Cuisines: Asian, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed October 11, 2013

Been here for the buffet and coffee several times and have always had a decent time.
However, my recent visit to the restaurant was very very disappointing.
My water tasted of chlorine, hence i got this to the notice of the waiter there who informed his senior i suppose.
Senior approached me asking what happened. When i told him the same that the water tasted of chlorine, he responded saying that it was not his concern or fault and tells me to order for bottled water.
Is this the kind of response you expect from a good hotel like novotel??!!

Instead of apologizing and changing my glass and getting me fresh water the staff tells me to order bottled water. I mean he could first apologize and do the needful but no, the response was very blunt!

Extremely disappointed!

1  Thank Pritika A

Reviewed October 7, 2013

A family of four, we had gone to the Square Restaurant-Coffee Shop at the Novotel for a late lunch on a Saturday afternoon. There were only a few diners left, most of them sampling the Sunday Buffet spread. We preferred to sit outside on the Verandah, with a nice view of the Pool & the Arabian Sea shimmering in the afternoon sun. The nice ambience was only spoilt by the

We ordered a la carte, with a round of cocktails to begin with, shared a "Traditional" Greek Salad & Garlic Bread. There were a couple of waiters moving around, in addition to the Maitre de, who took our orders. Water was served. And then started our long wait - 10, 15, 20 minutes, & still no sign of our cocktails & starters ! I had to go into the Restaurant to seek our waiter out, but he was nowhere to be seen ! Our cocktail orders were all only the classic variety - Margarita, Mojito & Bloody Mary - so no reason for the bartender to fret over ? They came finally, OK, nothing special, along with the Greek Salad, but the Garlic Bread was missing !? The Salad was a rather poor version of the Greek version, let alone "Traditional", mostly lettuce with a small smear of the Feta Cheese & a only couple of Olives to hunt for ! Not really worth the long wait !

Even our mains order, nothing fancy, just a Chicken Pizza & a Chipotle Grilled Breaded Chicken, took an inordinately long time to serve, whetting our appetite but not satisfying it !

A lazy weekend afternoon with even lazier service & so-so food - quite a disappointment from a Global Hotel Chain ! And the high prices made it even poorer value for money !

Reviewed November 4, 2011

The place is quite crowded during meal times; must be its popularity; the food is quite good and so is the ambience. The buffet spread is quite nice. The chef is always awailable for handling special requests. The only drawback is that the tables are too close to ecah other and it gets very noisy when it is crowded.