JC Chalet
$112
$73
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsjuhu beachfree wifiwalking distancefour starbusiness tripgeyserbenchmarkambience
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 21, 2013

This a small hotel with very small room size (I have not stayed in any other hotel in Mumbai so can't say if this is the standard). The staff is very polite and cooperative. The hotel and rooms are clean and organized.

The biggest advantage is its location. The Juhu chaupati is at walking distance. Going for a morning walk at the beach made my day. Also the hotel is around 50 meters inside a sleepy lane so saves the road traffic noise.

If you have book the room online and have been provided a free pickup. Do not forget to remind them as they did not have information about mine but after the call they arranged for a free pick up.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
JCCHALET, Guest Relations Manager at JC Chalet, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at JC Chalet, A Boutique Hotel, Mumbai and for sharing your encouraging feedback through TripAdvisor.

It is very motivating to receive your feedback and to note that the overall service and facilities exceeded your expectations.

The team takes great pride in the service they offer and your feedback inspires them to achieve greater heights of excellence.

Thank you for recommending JC Chalet Mumbai. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards,
Esther Verma
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed February 19, 2013

This hotel have extremely small rooms, I used to think European hotels have small rooms but this hotel beats them too. Room we stayed in was hardly 8X10ft with no cupboards. On top of it bathrooms hardly had the space to stand and brush. Washbasins are hardly bigger than cereal bowls. I understand the location advantage of being in Juhu and space crunch in Mumbai, but its not worth the money charged. Breakfast tasted terrible and had only 3-4 items on menu.Staff although was pleasantly good. Also, they need to clean the room properly, I found used condom packets in bedside drawers. Sheets need to be whiter, even their clean sheets were looking dirty. I will suggest to go for this hotel only if you 'have to' stay in Juhu and you are staying alone.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
JCCHALET, Managing Director at JC Chalet, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor and for your feedback. Your feedback was the main reason that I convened an all staff meeting today. We are all very disappointed. It is with great concern that I have read your review.

At JC Chalet Mumbai, we take great pride in the services we offer and it is feedback from our valuable guests, which assist us to strive for excellence. We believe in the highest standards of cleanliness, sanitation and the best facilities for our guests.

We wish you would have notified absolutely anybody at our property or in our organization about the inconveniences you were facing during your stay. We have rooms of varying sizes and we could have easily given you a more spacious room or upgraded you at no extra cost to our suite. We would have bent over backwards and would have been delighted to rectify any and all issues you were facing.

We take guest reviews very seriously and as a result of your feedback - we have enhanced our breakfast offerings effective immediately. We have also placed the concerned housekeeping staff under disciplinary review for failure to ensure your room was immaculate.

I request you to treat this experience as an aberration. We do hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back at JC Chalet, Mumbai. Please ask for me personally on your next visit with us and I will personally ensure that you are treated like royalty.

Warm regards,

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Before booking any hotel trip advisor is a must and I did read the reviews about JC Chalet.
It was extremely tiny in terms of room size.
Pros:
1. Extremely friendly staff
2. Location advantage as it is in Juhu
3. though extremely small but everything was kept in the room - safety locker, mini bar, toiletries, etc.

Cons
1. No cupboards, no storage space for clothes even a suitcase can be barely accomodated
2. Extremely small and suffocated bathroom
3. No space AT ALL to move around in the room
4. Trouble with the keys
5. For the services offered it is really over priced even when i booked it at a 30% discount

As mentioned in one of the reviews that it feel like a room for dwarfs!
As the title suggest it is literally a bed and bfast thing...

Recommendation: Definitely other properties should be checked before booking this

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience with the TripAdvisor community.

Your generous compliments have been shared with our team for whom this is a tremendous source of inspiration. Thank you for recognizing our staff.

We believe in giving our guests an incredible value added experience by offering free airport transfer, complimentary bottled water, complimentary breakfast, complimentary WI-FI access through out the property, complimentary toiletries, etc.

We were just voted " Best Value Hotel - Juhu " by the Gujarat Traders Association. In addition we are recipients of Agoda's Gold Circle Award.

Our room size varies from 250 sq.ft to 550 sq.ft, which are quite luxurious, well-appointed and feature the latest technology. We would have upgraded you to one of our larger rooms without hesitation.

I hope that you have the occasion to visit us again in the not too distant future. Please ask for me and I will personally ensure that your stay with us is magical.

Best Regards,

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I had ever stayed for 3 nights at this hotel recently, although its room is tight and small, with its price located at downtown Mumbai, it is quite worth than expected. Delicious breakfast ourdoor with fresh air at the back of the building isolated from noise on the street. Very friendly and good serivce from kind staffs. They did help me a lot for everything. I will come back to choose this hotel again next time. The only complaint is to its hot water while taking a shower. It is not hot enought for me although. However I will strongly recommend this hotel to stay anyway...

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure to have you stay at JC Chalet Hotel Mumbai and we thank you for sparing your valuable time to review us on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to receive your encouraging feedback and to learn that the services and facilities have exceeded your expectations. Your review just made our day!

Your generous compliments have been shared with the entire team for whom it will be a tremendous source of inspiration.

Thank you for recommending JC Chalet Mumbai to all your friends and acquaintances. We look forward to your continued visits and to welcoming you back. We absolutely loved taking care of you and your entire group from Taiwan. We tried our level best to make it a home away from home.

Please come and stay with us again in the near future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed January 6, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here with very obliging staff. Its a small space but really cozy. The breakfast is basic since its a budget space.Will surely stay here the next time I am in Mumbai! Thaks staff!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank 212_nethra
JCCHALET, Managing Director at JC Chalet, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Dear Guest,

It was a pleasure having you stay at JC Chalet Hotel, Mumbai and we thank you for sharing your encouraging feedback through TripAdvisor.

The team is delighted to receive such feedback as it is very inspiring for all of us. Thank you for recognizing our hard working staff. We have added fresh fruits in addition to a few other scrumptious items to our daily breakfast offerings.

It is feedback from our wonderful guests that helps us become better.

The team and I hope you will return soon and look forward to welcoming you back.

Warm regards,