“Perfect Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Sofitel Mumbai BKC

Sofitel Mumbai BKC
Ranked #2 of 444 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
“Perfect Service”
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Have had a couple of visits to the property by it amazes me each time how these guys have managed to keep their service consistent; which according to me is the biggest perishable product of the service industry. The Lavish Sunday brunches at Pondicherry cafe catering to a busy crowd yet the attention to detail to each table is really commendable. Never were our orders forgotten or mixed up.
Being a mother of a toddler sometimes my demands are much higher than others, still be it the in room staff or at any of the restaurants or pool side - perfect service.
Hospitality in true sense!!!

Room Tip: They have these corner rooms on each floor which are bigger in size than others
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Ektalulla
Sofitel-Mumbai-BKC, General Manager at Sofitel Mumbai BKC, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Bonjour Valued Guest,

Thank you for posting your feedback through TripAdvisor.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive comments and we are delighted to read your gracious compliments on the hotel and the warm and friendly service of our staff.

Please allow me to also share with you that we are celebrating ‘Flavours of France’ festival at Pondichery Cafe from the 3rd-13th May, 2014. Our speciality chef will be preparing Provencal cuisine that is not only healthy but a true joy to the palate.

At Sofitel Mumbai BKC, your comfort and well-being are essential to us and it has always been our endeavour to ensure that guests enjoy the rare sensation of feeling at home while experiencing the luxury of being elsewhere.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you again to the Sofitel Mumbai BKC in the very near future.

General Manager – Sofitel Mumbai BKC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (546)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed April 26, 2014

My wife and I were staying nearby and decided to take a lunchbreak at the Sofitel BKC! An excellent choice!
We selected the buffet in the Pondichery Café and were treated to a feast of exotic Indian, Asian and European cuisine. The attention the staff paid to us was first class and included Mr Shahrom Oshtori, the F&B Manager ordering a special oriental seafood stirfry be prepared that seduced our taste buds! The meal was supplemented by a bottle of a good South African Chardonnay.
The luncheon was followed by a personal tour of the hotels other eateries, leisure facilities and rooms including the extremely well equipped and comfortable Executive Lounge. As longer term business visitors we look for facilities that make our stay more like home rather that just another hotel. The Sofitel BKC offered all of these and we'll be looking at staying there during our next visit to Mumbai. We've already returned a few times for meals and drinks at the variety of restaurants the hotel offers. A highlight was the live jazz music offered in Le Bar Diamantaire.
Thankyou for all staff for making our brief visits very relaxed and pleasurable!

Room Tip: All room look to be very well equipped, longer term visitors should look to get a corner room as the...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Sofitel-Mumbai-BKC, General Manager at Sofitel Mumbai BKC, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Bonjour Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with us.

I am delighted to learn your culinary journey was fantastic one and that Shahrom was able to recommend you some of our signature dishes. Your kind words are indeed a great source of motivation and I am certain it will encourage the team to keep up the good work.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and please do not hesitate to contact me for any assistance.

India
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Jyran has some really amazing food and the service is very prompt......we were there as part of the restaurant week India and the spread that they had was really good and really showcased the their culinary talent....keep it up......

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Bonjour Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Jyran with us.

Your appreciative comments on our signature restaurant Tandoor Dining & Lounge and the affable service provided by our staff are most gratifying and will be shared with the whole team.

It is certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service and we look forward to welcoming you again soon to Sofitel Mumbai BKC.

Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights in the prestige suite. The suite had a cool open tub with an lcd, a living room and bed room. The place was absolutely clean, the lighting was perfect. The digital amenities in the suite were top class. You can't expect a better hotel accommodation. Sofitel has top class rooms and suites. We hope we had utilised more of what was provided but we had to step out for most of the day.

The service was great and they greeted us with a complimentary cake. The breakfast hours were extended until noon on the top floor for the stars of the suite.

We were a bit let down when we reached for breakfast (at the ground floor cafe) just about 5mins before closing time. Most of the counters were either closed or just closing and they were not kind enough to offer us anything going out of their way. We have stayed in Accor group of hotels in New Zealand and found the service and hospitality they offered a touch better.

We have also dined two times at the restaurant/cafe on the ground floor. They offer exceptional quality food and service.

Overall I recommend staying at this hotel. Keep it up!

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Bonjour Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing Sofitel Mumbai BKC as your accommodation choice.

We are glad that your overall experience in the hotel was a pleasant one. I appreciate your candid comments on our Food and Beverage service. Rest assured, the gaps that you highlighted have been addressed for corrective action.

We are most concerned with the satisfaction of all of our guests and your feedback is of great value to us, as it allows us to ensure and improve the quality of service we want to offer our guests.

It was our pleasure to have been of service to you and we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 24, 2014

I stayed here for 4 nights in April 2014. There was an issue when checked in at 11pm, that the room was not ready, but the service I received after making a complaint to the manager was amazing. The room was comfortable and the hotel is first class. The staff make the stay comfortable, being available but not imposing.

1 Thank Visitor640
Bonjour Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for choosing Sofitel Mumbai BKC as your accommodation choice during your recent stay in Mumbai and for taking the time to share your appreciation with us.

My team and I are very pleased to read your positive comments in praise of the property and the service provided by our staff. Every effort has been made to ensure that world-class facilities and comforts are offered to our guests at all times.

It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service. Thank you once again for your recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Sofitel Mumbai BKC on your next visit to the city.

Midlands
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Be warned. This hotel uses a ripoff scam on currency conversions that significantly adds to foreign guests bills. Hence the poor rating... however good other aspects are, if you are deceptive and unfair to your guests, you are poor overall.

To avoid this, before you pay your bill by credit card, make sure the charge is going through in Indian Rupees, and not another currency.

I have had a couple of recent stays in this hotel. It has lots going for it in terms of location (for business), facilities and reasonable pricing, and then they go and ruin it by stinging you by charging your credit card at about 5% worse a currency rate than other hotels.

At check out. They present you with a full receipt in Indian rupees, but then, without asking, try and invoice your credit card in what they subsequently say is your own currency. This gives someone (not sure if its the hotel or the bank) an opportunity to use a worse rate than that standard on the credit card, if they had just invoiced you in Indian rupees. So in the end it costs you more. I don't know who benefits from pocketing the difference, the credit card company or the hotel, or their bank... but someone does and they give you nothing in return for it, except making it harder to fill out your expenses, because the hotel bill is in rupees, yet your expenses have to be itemised in the currency you used. In my case, it wasn't even invoiced in my native currency, Sterling, but in Euros.

Does this really matter? -Yes, because it cost a lot of money.
Specifically, I had 2 stays here. I calculated the eventual conversion from Indian Rupees to Sterling and in those 2 stays it came out at INR93.6/£ versus INR 98.4/£ at 2 other hotels I stayed at during the same trip. That means the eventual cost in sterling was about 5% higher, and because I spent about £1000 there, this scam cost me over £50.
What is more, as soon as I spotted it, I tried to reverse it, but the hotel refused, and there was a stand off at the checkout. I also queried the conversion to Euros, and was assured this was the native currency of my credit card, so would not be expensive. I did not want to agree, but was forced to sign under duress, because they would not let me take the car to the airport until I did, and if that had happened I would have missed my flight.

This ruined what would have otherwise been a great stay.
This hotel does have good points. The food is excellent and varied, and the service is good. The beds are very comfortable indeed... some of the best. The in room wi-fi is included and the gym is excellent. Aside from the front desk, service was excellent. The only other gripe I have, and this is again front desk, was the check in. They tried to save me time, by taking me straight to my room, and checking me in from there, but they had preassigned me to a smoking room, which stank, so we had a long extra wait going to another floor. However, this hotel could have had an excellent rating from me, but they ripped me off, so ruined it.

1 Thank MidlandsFlyAbout
Sofitel-Mumbai-BKC, General Manager at Sofitel Mumbai BKC, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Bonjour Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

Besides the points you have rated positively, I sincerely regret the inconvenience you experienced at the time of departure.

Your comments have highlighted a cause for concern for us and I would like to assure you that this is an inadvertent deviation.

Our Front Office Manager and Director of Finance are investigating the matter thoroughly and going forward the appropriate measures will be taken to ensure we avoid similar recurrences.

I hope this incident will not mar your otherwise positive perception of the Hotel and we sincerely look forward to the opportunity of better serving you in the future.