“Salon Dubary...banquet at sofitel”
Review of Sofitel Mumbai BKC

Sofitel Mumbai BKC
Ranked #2 of 454 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Bombay India
“Salon Dubary...banquet at sofitel”
Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

My husband approached Sofitel for a small get together of frenz and right from the word go he was confident of confirming the venue.Me on the other side,a die hard Taj fan wanted to stick to the tried tested Taj or another Bandra option.

Great that I went with his choice.

Their team was at its toes through out the event....from giving us extra tables ,lamps fr our easter themed party...to changing a  dish on last minute recommendation.The bartender too did full justice to his job.

Chef Angad who had not only tried out new dishes for the party but also kudos to him..most of his suggestions at time of menu fixing were just topnotch.

Panacotta n other desserts n the indian dessert was fab.

Service was prompt and very humble.

I hurt my foot  while dancing...steward Manoj..hope Im getting the name right here..did not take more than a minute to return with a baNdaid..that guy is sure a star guy .Not to undermine the other team members..from team leader to the cleaner...all carried out their jobs impeccably.

Last but def not the least ..Mr Rajan the Banquets head and Ms Monal .. both saw to it that everyth was in place from planning to execution..

Result:::A highly satisfied client...A taj fan being converted to sofitel fan...a frenz circle of HNI s who experienced sofitels hospitality and swear to return for more...

Congratulations...We had a blast..

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Rakshita
Sofitel-Mumbai-BKC, General Manager at Sofitel Mumbai BKC, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Bonjour Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel Mumbai BKC to host your event and taking the time to share your feedback on Tripadvisor.

We are humbled by your gracious compliments and are pleased to note that your event was a great success. Your feedback is most gratifying and has been shared with Angad, Monal, Rajesh and Manish.

Please allow me to also share with you that we also cater for outdoor events and will be more than happy to receive your patronage once again.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

General Manager – Sofitel Mumbai BKC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (588)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 19, 2014

I stayed in Sofitel Mumbai BKC from 1 Apr 2014 until 8 Apr 2014 ( 7 Nights). I had a wonderful stay and I must say that the service was excellent throughout. I would like to specially thanks the following staff:

Mahadev (Team Leader) and Sachin (Chief Concierge) who have helped me with directions and places to visit in Mumbai. Their information is normally accurate and detailed. They have always been polite and giving undivided attention to all the guests even though at times they were busy.

Triputi (Guest Relations) and Nalini (Duty Manager) both showed dedication and professionalism in their work. For example, when I mentioned to them that I need some time to rest and freshen up before my 3 am flight, they happily suggested that I could use the Club lounge to rest and freshen up. Triputi offered to show me the club lounge so that I have a peace of mind. As I will be back in the hotel only after 10 pm, and needed only few hours to rest before I leave for the airport, the lounge would be quiet with either few guests or no one. Therefore, taking the suggestions by Nalini, I decided to accept the suggestion to be at the club lounge from 10pm - 3am. Thank you so much Triputi and Nalini for going all the way to do this for me.

However, at the Club Lounge my experience was a very unpleasant due to two unprofessional staff. They are Tanmay Gaikar (Club Ambassador ) and Nitin Dalvi (Duty Manager).

Upon arriving at the Club Lounge and taking a space which was out of sight of guests, I decided to take some rest. Tanmay approached me saying to me that I was not allowed to sleep at the lounge. I told him I am not sleeping just resting as I was not feeling well. He claimed that he fully understand my situation but still this is not a place to be sleeping. I even told him that I wont be long and that I was advised by the duty manager Nalini that I can take the rest here until I depart for airport in couple of hours. I explained to him that I was going to take a room elsewhere but i was advised that for few hours during this late night hours I could use the lounge. He refused to listen to me and I asked to speak to the duty manager.

Nitin Dalvi was not very pleasant at all. In fact, he supported Tanmay claim. I asked him to define what it means to be sleeping. We had a slight unpleasant discussion on the term how a guest could be “resting “ in the lounge. Tanmay and Nitin could have handle the situation in a more professional manner but they refused not to do so. In fact, when I asked Tanmay when I arrived at the lounge for the wifi password, he immediately refused saying that as I have checked out I am not supposed to be using the wifi. It was a fair comment. Soon after that one of the staff there offered me a temporary password. (with deepest regret I was not able to take his name, I think he left the place by 11pm) This staff showed care and concern for his guest and should be highly commendable.

One other staff I would like to mention who attended to me that night was Vishal who was at the night shift. He was sad because I was feeling so disappointed. A number of times he tried to speak to me and offered me drinks, as I was deeply affected by the situation, I just did not want any. I thank and salute Vishal for his dedication and care for his guest/ ( If I could have his email or number I would like to thank him personally!)

I strongly advised that Tanmay and Nittin rethink of their behaviour to all their guests and approach each situation carefully. All guests are important either they are Club lounge guests or just an ordinary guests in the hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Sofitel-Mumbai-BKC, General Manager at Sofitel Mumbai BKC, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Bonjour Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us, and I sincerely apologize for your experience not meeting your very reasonable expectations.

We are committed to addressing any lapses experienced by our guests, and please rest assured I have shared your comments with the team and we will ensure appropriate measures are taken to avoid future recurrences.

Our relationship with our guests is of paramount importance and I trust you will not let this incident mar your perception of our services and give us another opportunity to better serve you again.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 19, 2014

From the moment we checked into the Sofitel Mumbai we have been treated like royalty, firstly upgraded to a suite for our wedding anniversary and then given a bouquet of flowers and a celebration cake both delivered to our room with compliments. Everything has been exceptional not just the hotel but all of its facilities and particularly the staff who cannot do enough to make your stay a memorable one. We had an amazing meal at Jyran restaurant attached to the hotel's 4th floor and our amiable waiter Rohit was excellent both in his recommendations and impeccable service thus rounding off a truly wonderful stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Bonjour Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing our hotel to spend your special day and for taking the time to share such wonderful comments.

It is heartening to note your appreciative feedback on the hotel and the service provided by our staff. We are committed to consistently provide warm and efficient services to all our guests and appreciative comments such as yours are most encouraging and will always be our greatest reward. Your kind words have been shared with Rohit and I am sure the team will be motivated to keep up the good work.

It was a pleasure for us to be at your service and I hope you will give us the opportunity of welcoming you again on your next anniversary or anytime before that.

Reviewed April 18, 2014

We spent a lovely evening at Jyran restaurant for our anniversary. Deepak, our waiter went out of his way to make our evening memorable.
The food was outstanding and the service impeccable. We even got a surprise cake for our anniversary - inclusive of a photoshoot ;)
Overall it was a very pleasant stay, a true five-star experience!

Room Tip: Club room, great value for money
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Sofitel-Mumbai-BKC, General Manager at Sofitel Mumbai BKC, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Bonjour Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to celebrate your special day at the Sofitel Mumbai BKC and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We are glad that you enjoyed the service levels at the hotel and have carried back fond memories of your evening. Your kind words will be passed on to our teams particularly to Deepak. This will certainly motivate us all to keep up the good work.

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

I checked with my family today (parents, wife and kids).. These guys in the hotel are just not human.. Its like when we get in they treat you like your a god and nothing else matters..

So we checked in at around 12.. Not more than 5 minutes for some quick formalities and we were in our rooms with our bags in like 10 mins.. The decor of the rooms are palatial with vibrant colors.. The kids wanted to swim to we hit the pool.. In no time we all had beds with towels and we were all in the pool.

Special thanks to Shahrom and Manoj who arranged for our lunch by the pool from 3 different restaurants in the hotel as everyone wanted to eat something different.. Must say, not a single screw up in the order and I frankly can't remember the last time that happened to me.. The staff kept checking on us if we needed anything else and we're most proactive to even our smallest of needs.

After a lovely afternoon we are now relaxing in the room waiting for more pleasantries in the evening and next couple of days.. Thank you Sofitel (but of course shahrom and manoj too)

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sammeer P
Bonjour Valued Guest,

It has been our great pleasure to welcome your family and you at Sofitel Mumbai BKC and we thank you for sharing feedback on TripAdvisor whilst staying with us.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay at our property and appreciated the facilities and service levels at the hotel. We are committed to consistently providing warm and efficient services to all our guests and compliments such as yours are most encouraging and will always be our greatest reward. Your kind words have been shared with Shahrom and Manoj and I am certain they will be motivated to keep up the great work.

My team and I assure you of our best services at all times. We look forward to welcoming you again soon and hope that Sofitel Mumbai BKC remains your preferred hotel always.

New Delhi, India
Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

Bkc is a good location to stay, a break from usual congested city hotels. It becomes relatively relaxing to the chaotic city, and the hotel extends it further by welcoming staff. There are some nice restaurants nearby like LPQ, which is were I would recommend everyone to head out if you have time.
Lows- (bed is too soft) bad for most people sleeping postures. Along with pillows. I had to use three, still wasn't comfy. The hotel should select mattress that is so,we here in between.
Room service- food quality could be better. Basics like Danish pastry and muffins in breakfast needs big improvement. Indian food is still better.
Verdict- There is a trident hotel right next to it, I would try it next time just for comfy beds.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Bonjour Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback of the hotel and its services, and for choosing Sofitel Mumbai BKC as your accommodation choice.

Besides the points you have rated positively, our Executive Chef has noted and will review your feedback regarding the quality of food and patisserie.

Additionally please allow me so share with you that Sofitel's signature MyBed is designed to ensure optimum comfort and can be customized according to guest preference. You may contact us via phone on 022-61175000 or via email at h6451@sofitel.com and share your exact requirements, and we will try to make sure that you have the finest comfort for all future stays with us.

I hope you will give us the opportunity of welcoming you again soon to Sofitel Mumbai BKC. In the meantime, I remain at your disposal should you require any further assistance.