“Excellent & Luxury”
Review of Sofitel Mumbai BKC

Sofitel Mumbai BKC
Ranked #2 of 454 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Prague, Czech Republic
“Excellent & Luxury”
Reviewed January 9, 2014

One of the best Sofitel hotels ever visited. I would recommend to business people as well as to families who want to stay in a perfect located and luxury hotel. Hotel staff was very friendly and food and drinks excellent.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Sofitel-Mumbai-BKC, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Mumbai BKC, responded to this review, January 11, 2014
Bonjour Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying at the Sofitel Mumbai BKC and for taking the time to share your feedback through TripAdvisor.

We are glad to know that you had a comfortable stay with us and enjoyed the facilities, food and service levels at the hotel.

We thank you once again for your recommendation to others and hope that Sofitel Mumbai BKC remains your preferred hotel on all your future visits to Mumbai.

Hotel Manager – Sofitel Mumbai BKC

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (600)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Milano
Reviewed January 9, 2014

This Hotel features probably the best interiors. Rooms are not very spacious but the design is very classy. Colors of the curtains , wall hanging and furniture are perfectly matching and there is sumptuous and comfortable sofa you just can move your butt from.

In the drawers next to the desk you can find all the stationary you need if you are staying for a business travel, wi-fi works perfectly.

The bathroom is also elegant and features both, a large bath tub and a comfortable shower.

There are plugs next to each side of the bed. One thing which sounds like common sense but many hotels are lacking.

Why not excellent:

1- The bath tub leaks so expect your bathroom to be flooded after use. The staff seems to be aware of the issue, they will send immediately the room service guy to dry the floorbut no plumber to actually fix the issue.

This will not keep the hotel at above 3 star anywhere else in the world, but this is India...

2- The interiors are beautiful and lavish... but make sure you share the room with someone you are really comfortable getting naked with as there is no way to close the glass which separates the bathroom from the room. Well, the bathroom is on the back of the bed, so potentially this is designed to give privacy to the person in the bathroom but there is a glass just in front of the glass so well ... keep this in mind if you need to share the room with someone you aren't too close to or if you like some privacy in the bathroom.

3- Food. The staff is helpful but all continental food is Indian- continental. They just can't help adding spices everywhere. The worst part is they use liters of oil for each dish, all the food floats in oil... so do not expect any healthy meal here.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Bonjour Valued Guest,

We would like to thank you for choosing to stay at the Sofitel Mumbai BKC and for sharing your experience with us.

While we are pleased to know that you had an overall pleasant stay with us, we regret the inconvenience you may have faced due to the leakage problem. I am certain you will appreciate that to fix a bathroom pipe requires extensive maintenance work, which can only be done when a room is unoccupied. We have identified the fault and our Chief Engineer has been instructed to rectify this immediately.

With regards to your comment on the glass-walled washrooms, we would like to inform you that some of our rooms do have a full privacy bathroom with frosted glass. This has been specially done keeping in mind the sentiments of our valued guests who wish to stay either with their families, friends or colleagues. Do let us know if on your next visit you would like us to reserve a room with frosted glass in the washroom.

I would like to take this opportunity to introduce you to our novel concept – De-Light by Sofitel, which reflects the unique skills of our Chefs in creating an innovative array of well-balanced, low-calorie meals to help our guests meet their health and weight goals in delicious style. Should you have any special meal preferences, our Chefs will be more than happy to make adjustments to your menu or even offer you our unique De-Light cuisine if you let them know in advance.

I hope you will give us the opportunity of welcoming you again to Sofitel Mumbai BKC. In the meantime, I remain at your disposal should you require any further assistance.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Sofitel Mumbai BKC could be anywhere in the world. In a good way. The high ceilings in the atrium, the marble floor, the dark wood furniture, all show cosmopolitan luxury.

Staff were courteous and helpful to the point of making me, a young traveller, feel somewhat out of place and embarrassed! Not in a bad way, just in their superb attention to service and desire to please.

We received good and honest advice from the concierge about heading out to town for dinner, as this was a whirlwind stop to continue on another flight the next day, and we were not staying in Mumbai long.

The room we stayed in was luxurious, with an incredibly comfortable bed and stylish decor. The Internet was free and fast, which is an absolute must for me. The views from the 11th floor, once the haze cleared, were worth opening the blinds all the way for.

It's sad that the breakfast wasn't included in the price, but skipping breakfast allowed us to sleep in and grab an early lunch nearby instead before our flight. I could have used another night in that bed, it was so lovely.

Room Tip: Go high for views!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Sofitel-Mumbai-BKC, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Mumbai BKC, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Bonjour Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a wonderful feedback and for choosing Sofitel Mumbai BKC as your accommodation choice.

It is very heartening for us to note your appreciative comments on the hotel and the service provided by our staff. We are committed to consistently provide warm and efficient services to all our guests and appreciative comments such as yours are most encouraging and will always be our greatest reward.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon to the Sofitel Mumbai BKC and assure you of our best services at all times.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed January 7, 2014

This was my first trip to Mumbai and my first stay at a Sofitel hotel. I travel worldwide for my job and this was one of the best experiences at any hotel I have ever had. The room was very comfortable, quiet, luxurious, and beautiful. The room service was prompt and all menu items I ordered were very good. The breakfast at Pondichery was delicious. The options seemed endless, with a huge selection of freshly baked breads and pastries, tasty fruit, and many hot items to choose from. Lunch at Artisan was wonderful. The spa treatments were superb. Overall, the hotel staff went above and beyond in every single detail. They were kind, generous, and I was left not wanting for anything. My luggage was lost and they assisted in finding me appropriate business attire on very short notice, as well as worked to recover my luggage. I would highly recommend Sofitel Mumbai BKC!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Bonjour Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind compliments and for choosing Sofitel Mumbai BKC as your accommodation choice during your first trip to Mumbai.

We are very glad to read that you had a memorable stay with us. It is our constant endeavour to offer our guests luxury experiences through our commitment to quality services, and your recognition of our exquisite hotel facilities and the efficient service provided by our staff is much appreciated.

We thank you for your recommendation. It has been a pleasure for us to be at your service and we look forward to welcoming you again soon to the Sofitel Mumbai BKC.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Totally Amazing!!! I went to India for three weeks, I flew in and out of Mumbai as well as traveling around the country and choose Sofitel for three days on arrival and I went back again for four days before I flew home. The hotel and all its staff' are amazing and it really felt like home even though it's huge. From the moment I arrived nothing but excellence. The hotel is amazing the rooms are amazing and every staff member I came in contact with was lovely. I stayed in a club room and it was worth the extra to have a personalized service that is offered there. I would like to commend Vishal Dalvi & Kunal Otari for making my stay magnificent but like I say the whole team in the Club Millesime were nice. The reason I know their names is because when interacting with the employees they give you their own personal business card so you know who was helping you and who to ask for, plus you can call each other by name because all the staff remembered my name, which was a great touch!!! The location of the hotel is easily accessible and safe, the rooms are well equipped and trust me they have thought of everything at this hotel, bottles of water, tiny reading spotlights that you can twist in any position you desire over your bed, press of a switch the curtains open and close, water, umbrella, full stationary drawer, full bathroom amenities oh my the list is endless you won't need to ask for anything they've already thought of it. We didn't eat in any of the hotel restaurants as we used the lounge for breakfast, afternoon tea and cocktail hour but they did look awesome too. Also in the club lounge there is a small business centre so you can check email or print anything that you can't do on your phone or lap top which is awesome and hassle free. The only problem I had is that my flight landed at 1am and when I got to the hotel at 3am they would not let me go to my room unless I paid a half day rate, but I understood and was too tired to even get upset as it does clearly state check in from 12pm or something which is stupid as most of the international flights land at 1am/2am so the hotel should do something to accommodate these guests as they also leave at 11pm/Midnight to fly home and do not stay in the room till 10pm on the last day. But lets just say don't have any hesitation booking here it will be a dream stay! Thank you Sofitel and thank you to Vishal's and Kunal for there professional service and making my stay so comfortable.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Bonjour Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Sofitel Mumbai BKC as your accommodation choice during your recent visit to Mumbai and for posting your feedback through TripAdvisor.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback and we are humbled by your gracious compliments on the hotel and its services. We are glad that you were happy with the warm and friendly service of our staff and have carried back fond memories of your stay with us. At Sofitel Mumbai BKC, your comfort and well-being are essential to us and it has always been our endeavour to ensure that guests enjoy the rare sensation of feeling at home while experiencing the luxury of being elsewhere.

Your kind words of appreciation have been passed on to our team and specially to Vishal and Kunal who made your stay a ‘Magnifique’ one. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to them as we strive to continuously provide the best level of service and comforts to our guests at all times.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future and in the meantime, if I may be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.