“Excellent Hotel - Highly recommended”
Review of Sofitel Mumbai BKC

Sofitel Mumbai BKC
Ranked #2 of 486 Hotels in Mumbai
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Excellent 5 star hotel located in the commercial/financial district of Mumbai BKC. It's relatively new and the rate that secured the room for was tremendous value for money.

No negatives.

Highlights
- Excellent customer service
- Excellent value for money
- Everything you would expect from a Sofitel

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (4,274)

Reviewed October 3, 2012

A new property which is adjacent to the Trident in Bandra Kurla, Mumbai in the financial district. Stay at this hotel only if you have work in the area or have a conference at the hotel (I had a conference at the hotel). There is nothing else of interest in the vicinity. The rooms are large but dark and garish. The drapes, colours etc are loud and donot exude a professional feel. Even the lamps, pillars etc have eccentric shapes and not have clean cut lines one is used to seeing in modern hotels. If that is their personality, it has gone horribly wrong. Room service was average and did not cater to any special needs. That may well be due to the fact that it is new, but if you charge five star prices you should offer service levels that are commensurate. The breakfast buffet was large but again overlooked the stuff most business travellers need and has become standard fare around the world. Finally, I was overcharged on my bill compared to the committed rate. The hotel has promised a refund, but I am still waiting. So do pay attention to your bill.

Room Tip: Please check if they have brighter rooms and a non-smoking floor
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Sofitel-Mumbai-BKC, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Mumbai BKC, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2012

Bonjour Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Sofitel Mumbai BKC. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

May I request you to provide me your contact details on Aashima.Sharma@sofitel.com for a more in-depth discussion on your feedback. I will be delighted to follow up with a call to you. Our relationship with our guests is of paramount importance and we hope that you will present us with the opportunity to serve you better in the near future.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

This place has excellent and large rooms with everything you would wish for in the room. The over all experience for a one night stay was way above my expectations. The room was very well made with beautifully comfortable bed and a superb sized bath tub. Loved the iPhone music dock by the side for some soothing music.

The over all service of the staff was spotlessly perfect during the short stay and they could provide help for everything. They were happy to allow a very late check in and check-out.

Negative: Food quality can be improved for in-room dining. Very blend food for Indian standards.

Room Tip: I think anything would be great for your business visit.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kushalshah
Sofitel-Mumbai-BKC, Hotel Manager at Sofitel Mumbai BKC, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2012

Bonjour Mr. Shah,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Sofitel Mumbai BKC. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Your comments on our culinary offer for the in-room dining have been passed on to our Food & Beverage department. They will ensure that your feedback is incorporated into the new menu that we are working on to enhance the offer.

Reviewed September 27, 2012 via mobile

Overall, my stay at this hotel was satisfactory; with a few caveats.

For those of you who are not familiar with the layout of Mumbai, be forewarned; This hotel is not near the city center. In fact it is in the middle of nowhere. Some people like that, I didn't. The rooms are nice, but quirky. There is a big window that overlooks the area, but there is a monstrous couch that is against the window, precluding any viewing. The shower tends to go from comfortable to scalding without notice.

Finally, the rate I was quoted in the United States was $8 less than the rate I was charged. I complained to management, and a few days later the hotel sent me an email defending their position. Seriously? I travel the world around, and generally speaking generally will be given the benefit of the doubt particularly when it is such a small amount. No doubt, they spent hours researching this instead of just charging me the rate I was originally quoted. I understand currency fluctuations, but the currency didn't fluctuate that much! I am and Industry professional, so I received a good rate anyway but that's not the point. If I ran my business with a the 'customer is always wrong attitude', I would be bankrupt tomorrow. I don't understand this. Also, the car to and from the airport will cost you about four times as much as a taxi. If that is okay with you, fine. But forewarned is forearmed.

The free internet was a big plus. Many hotels in India charge you as much as $12 for 24 hours. The line staff are very professional. I hope you find this review helpful.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Uebermensch

Bonjour Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us.

We are very pleased to know that you appreciated the overall service and the professionalism of the staff, which will be shared with the entire team.

Besides the points which you have rated positively, we have well noted your feedback about some points which did not really meet your expectations.

With regards to the location, we are sorry that the area of the hotel did not appeal to you. Bandra Kurla Complex is the new business district of Mumbai, and the advantage of Sofitel Mumbai BKC being located in the geographical centre of the city is that it not only has easy access to major highways, but also to the domestic and international terminals of Mumbai’s Chatrapati Shivaji International Airport. Apart from the many hotel amenities that we offer, the hotel also provides regular shuttle services to Bandra West, which is a highly coveted location for restaurants, pubs, bars and high-street shopping stores.

Please accept our sincere apology for the issues with the shower experienced by to you. Rest assured that this has been addressed to our Director of Engineering and his team and has been rectified.

In regards to the currency fluctuation, I would be grateful if you would contact me by mail so that I personally can take care of this case.

It certainly would be a pleasure for us to serve you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to Sofitel Mumbai BKC.

Aashima.Sharma@sofitel.com

Reviewed September 25, 2012

I had stayed in Sofitel couple of times and every time they maintain a very high level of efficient service level.
Breakfast spread is really good & lavish.
The buffet dinner is also very good.
The staff is very courteous and helpful.
Overall they are really efficient.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

The bad thing to say in this review is that i did not stay long enough!

My experience started at the airport when i was greeted by the the hotels airport conciege and the driver and escorted to my car. In the car i was treted to a chice of drinks including alcohol and delisious macaroons all of this at almost midnight!

Wonderful welcome at reception and respect for the fact that i had been travelling all day and was tired, palatial room and incredibly comfortable bed.

In the morning i used the hotels gym, pool and sauna and had a wonderful breakfast and serbice befor departing for the city.

Like i said if only i could have stayed longer!

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Got a chance to stay at this hotel for 30 nights and really liked the dedication of staff. The stay was very comfortable and really liked the interior decor of this hotel. Areas of improvement include bfast menu which almost never changes and room service on a few days.

Room Tip: Take 11 floor for kinda better view...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Sofitel-Mumbai-BKC, General Manager at Sofitel Mumbai BKC, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2012

Bonjour Mr. Nikhil Rawat,

We would like to thank you for choosing Sofitel Mumbai BKC as your accommodation choice during your recent stay in Mumbai and for taking the time to post your feedback.

We are glad to learn that you had an overall pleasant stay with us and particularly appreciated the dedication of our staff and the décor of our hotel. Your comments are most gratifying and will be shared with the entire team.

Your feedback regarding the breakfast and room service menu has been carefully noted by our Executive Assistant Manager Food & Beverage and will be taken into account for the next review of the menu.

Your feedback is valuable to us as it helps us improve the quality of our service to better meet your needs. We hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon in Sofitel Mumbai BKC.

Bernd Schneider