“Great Value for Money.”
Review of Hotel Broadway

Hotel Broadway
Ranked #238 of 622 Specialty Lodging in Mumbai
Reviewed April 12, 2014

I stayed here twice. At the beginning of my travels in India and rounded it off there The staff were friendly and were attentive to all requests. The great thing about Hotel Broadway is it's location, it's right in the center of Colaba and just 5 minute walk from the Gateway of India and other attractions. The room I was in although had no windows was a peaceful retreat from the busy streets below. I wont hesitate to go back.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo

Reviewed March 26, 2014

Staff were fairly unhelpful and blunt but I managed to get a room. The rooms were small, but very clean, and furnishings were new, good TV reception and AC. One downside was the 'Indian' bathrooms (no separation of the shower from the rest of the bathroom), which I hate. Value was good all in all. Breakfast was average at best.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Tom K
nilesh123347, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Broadway, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2016

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Hotel Broadway!!!

we thank you for taking out the time to give us a review we appreciate and are thankful for your comments about our clean and furnished rooms, your comment about the staff is also noted and i will personally intervene in this matter and investigate you be rest assured and i promise you will be noticing many positive changes in being hospitality from the staff.

Awaiting your next visit!!!

Reviewed February 22, 2014

I check in on the recommendation of a friend who had a pleasant stay last year. I arrived exhausted, and despite the torn and stained sheets I assumed it was clean enough for Mumbai and I fell asleep in the room. I woke up covered in bug bites, and found the bed and walls crawling with bedbugs. The staff at first fought me on being moved to another room on another floor and simply said I could step out for 30 minutes and they'd bug bomb the room (no problem!). I insisted. Despite there seeming to be no bug issues in the new room I couldn't sleep because of the noise from the reception desk 20 feet away and the fear that there would be a return of the creepy crawlies. The next morning the receptionist fought me over discounting my stay, despite showing him some of the 50 bites I have that itch like crazy. An absolutely unpleasant experience, and I moved to a new hotel first thing the next morning. Would not recommend this place.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank talbrite
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Impressed by the reviews available on Tripadvisor, I had booked (online) a room for two nights (30/31 Jan 2014) at this hotel. When I tried checking into the hotel on 30 January 2014, the room offered to me was like a window-less prison cell, which I rejected. They claimed no other room was available and persuaded me to shift (without extra lodging charges) to a neighboring Guest House. I reluctantly accepted the suggestion (having already paid the tariff during the online transaction) and spent two nights in the Guest House; but felt cheated as the latter was an obviously lower-end establishment and would have cost me much less had I directly booked it.

Room Tip: Call them in advance and make sure you will be given an acceptable room!!
Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Hermes_Mumbai
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Stayed there based on Clear Trip reviews, and glad we did. Great location (close to restaurants and bars), clean, hot water, and internet (although they do charge you 300Ru for the wifi). Great deal for the location. Very helpful staff as well, professional. I would recommend it for backpackers and travelers, and I would stay there again myself.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
nilesh123347, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Broadway, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2016

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Hotel Broadway!!!!

Our team takes great pride in looking after the needs of our guests in a friendly and attentive manner and we are pleased that their level of service met your expectations and the best part is now we have enabled free wifi which was concern in your last visit, We have shared your feedback with our associates, especially with our Concierge team.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again when next business or leisure brings you back to Colaba.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Not a pleasant place to stay in Mumbai. First of all it is pricier than what it should be. We came to Mumbai last minute so found this place last minute - if you can, look around for better deals at nicer places.

The rooms were clean enough - the towels were kind of brown and dirty though. Use your own.

The staff were just horrible - they were not friendly at all, and were not helpful. The bell boys hover around 24/7 and stand outside your door (basically) waiting for you. I did not like that at all. But even worse - I mentioned that a room they wanted to move me into wasn't clean yet... and the guy behind the desk pushed and hit the bellboy to clean it as if he were a dog. Absolutely disgusting.

They also told me I could take a different room (I was right off the lobby and it was loud) one night for the same price as my reserved room and that I wouldn't have to switch again. The next day they insisted I switch rooms again. I get it, they needed the room to make more money - but why tell me something that wan't true?

The neighborhood is decent. You're in the tourist district and there are plenty of restatraunt around, and Cafe Leopold is next door. There's even a supermarket close by if you need one. That's about the only good thing about this place.

Room Tip: Rooms off the lobby are not only loud but you get the stink-eye from the person behind the desk ever...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Hotel Broadway!!!

We regret that you were not pleased with your room, however we are delighted that you have been moved and upgraded for the rest of your stay. Thank you for your feedback and we have shared this with the team. We have a process of evaluating our rooms to make necessary refurbishments in a reasonable time frame to stay contemporary with the market trends and we did recently have undergone a multi-million dollar rooms refurbishment with some of our rooms that have brought them up to a high standard.

We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. We understand there are many hotels in Mumbai from which to choose, however, we do hope that you will allow us another opportunity to welcome you and we would be happy to ensure you get a room that does exceed your expectations. We have frequent return guests, thus I assure you that we will make your stay a memorable one.

Reviewed December 11, 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights in October and found the hotel staff welcoming and very helpful.
Our room was a bit small, nonetheless it was very clean, well equipped, including Wifi and very comfortable.The lobby and breakfast areas are also very clean and well kept. The breakfast is varied and includes eggs cooked to your liking in addition to buffet style. Again the staff is very attentive and helpfull here.
Location is outstanding as you can walk to India gate, churchgate station, Marine drive and all other tourist areas. The area is very safe day or night. We found the Residency to be an outstanding value for the price and very much enjoyed

Room Tip: first floors room is very good and good ac
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Hotel Broadway!!!!

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review, it is always encouraging to receive feedback and suggestions from our valued guests. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and all of us look forward to your return visit very soon.