“Good if you are not staying lot of time inside”
Review of Hotel Broadway

Hotel Broadway
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
“Good if you are not staying lot of time inside”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

This was my first time in Mumbai in a very long time. So, nothing to compare to. In a day's notice I had to find an accommodation for a night in south Mumbai. Hence, out of the available ones, I chose this based on the reviews I read on this page.

Room was very small but clean. Bathroom was cleaner. But I found a bed bug on one of the pillows, chose to ignore because it was just a night stay. There is a very very small window. So, do not expect any natural light inside. But if you are not staying inside during the day or sleeping it out the whole day, it might not bother you.

Location is great. All the happenings of south Mumbai are withing walking distance. There are good eating joints too. Enjoyed my dinner and breakfast in the Leopold Cafe next door, very crowded but very satisfactory.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
6 Thank Subhamoy_Chakraborty
nilesh123347, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Broadway, responded to this review, July 20, 2016
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Hotel Broadway!!!

We would like to thank you for your frank words on tripadvisor. We are very pleased about you comment and appreciate the praise for the staff.
We are well-known for our good position and happy that you also liked it.
We hope to welcome you in our house again soon and wish you all the best and we are extremely sorry for the bed bugs issue which you had faced,we now have started Pest Control Services on regular basis and assure you of our best services in your next visit.

Nilesh Pandey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Polish first
Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Reviewed February 25, 2013

This was my first trip to mumbai. I loved staying at Broadway hotel in colaba. It is centralised and convenient for shopping and getting a taxi. The rooms are very spacious and clean. Front Office staff as well as Room service persons were very courteous. I like more their approach towards guests. There was hot water all the time which was great. They should have a dinning area for guest and maybe consider having a complimentary breakfast as well. The prices of the rooms are excellent. I would definetely stay there again and recommend this hotel to anyone planning a holiday to Mumbai and would like to save money.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Ashmilla J
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Hotel Broadway!!!

Thank you for sharing your impressions of our hotel. It is a pleasure to read that you had such a wonderful stay with us and you have spent a nice time in Mumbai. We love to give your compliments to all employees. It would be an honor to welcome you again in our Hotel

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed February 12, 2013

This was my first trip to mumbai, it was a little more expensive than other places in india, but i believe that is Colaba and you have to pay a bit more in general here. The rooms were excellent. very clean, modern and so many TV channels you go crazy. There was hot water in bathroom and excellent helpful friendly staff. It is close to evrything in Colaba that you might want to visit. Watch out for bell boys and laundary charges, they may make up the price and overcharge you. The hotel looked after our bags once we had checked out. Only wifi in reception, 100 rupee for 24 hours.

Room Tip: If you get a room close to reception, you may get wifi
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
nilesh123347, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Broadway, responded to this review, July 21, 2016
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Hotel Broadway!!!!!

Thank you for sharing your wonderful review on us to TripAdvisor. Such a great comments are delight to read and I am pleased to know that Hotel Broadway met all your expectations, from our hotel rooms to the service delivered by our helpful Ambassadors. I am also thrilled to read that you liked our location, being centrally located and near to many city attractions.

I would like to thank you further for recommending our hotel to other TripAdvisor community, it is our utmost reward and now the best part is wifi is free.

We look forward to welcome you back for another stay.

Mumbai
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Good place in vicinity of great landmarks of india with nice shopping area & restaurants.
Nice people and services.
Hotel is good but need to have more facilities for dining too.
For 3 days om for businesses.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Greetings from Hotel Broadway!!!!

Thank you for sharing your review on us to TripAdvisor. I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay in our superbly furnished hotel rooms and appreciated our attention. Thank you for your kind endorsement on our hotel location being near to many city’s best attractions. I will certainly share your compliments with entire team, I am sure that they will be very encouraged to read your compliments. I would like to thank you further for recommending our hotel to other TripAdvisor community.

Awaiting your next visit to treat with same warm services

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We were aware that accommodation in Mumbai is expensive so were expecting the Rs.3600 per night we were quoted over the phone. Given the location and time of year we were happy to stay there, but even happier when we arrived and they said it would cost Rs.5000 for 2 nights! The room we ended up with was without doubt the smallest we had in India (other places we stayed had bathrooms that were bigger). Naturally the bathroom was tiny as well. There were no windows and after a few hours without the fan on the room got very hot and stuffy. There was also a panel missing in the ceiling of the bathroom which meant you could see straight up into the roof space. All that said, the room was very clean and the hotel is in a fantastic location just behind the Taj Mahal Palace Hotel. The staff seemed attentive although the only thing I asked of them was the cost of hiring a driver to go to the Ajanta and Ellora Caves. He did manage to get three quotes for me which I thought was great but too expensive. For the price we paid, definitely worth the money.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Greetings from Hotel Broadway!!!!

Thank you for sharing your recent stay with us to TripAdvisor. I am pleased to know that you appreciated our attention and shared it in detail Thank you for commending on our polite and efficient front desk team. I am sure that they will be very encouraged to read your compliments. However, accept my apology for the downside you faced during your stay with us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Hope to see you again at the hotel!!

bruxelles
Reviewed January 12, 2013 via mobile

Mumbai is not cheap and we struggled to find a place for a decent budget and with good reviews. Finally we decided to go here for 3290 rup/night. It is a lot compared to the rest of india but the location is great, just right in colaba. The rooms are pretty small and not very very clean but it is ok. They let us get the room when we arrived in the morning before check-in time. When we got in the bathroom and floor were not clean at all so we asked to clean and they did. I recommend it.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Hotel Broadway!!!!!!

Thank you for sharing your review on us to TripAdvisor. I am glad to learn that you are satisfied with the overall quality of our services and liked our hotel location and the services offered by us

We are looking forward to welcome you back for another stay with us.

Vienna, Austria
Reviewed January 10, 2013

This Hotel, right off Colaba Causeway, in the most important touristy area of Mumbai, is very clean and modern inside. The rooms are quite tiny but well equipped with a mini bar and a flat-screen satellite TV. The en suite bathroom was one of the most beautiful I have seen during my stay in India. For a single room (queensize bed) I paid Rs. 2000.- which is not the cheapest in that area but absolutely the best in that price range. There's daylight in the rooms as well (and I stayed in many rooms in Colaba, without).

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Greetings from Hotel Broadway!!!!

Thank you for sharing your wonderful review on us to TripAdvisor.

It is my pleasure to read that your recent stay at Hotel Broadway met all your expectations and that you felt at home during your stay with us. Your encouraging words describing the service delivered by our ambassadors are much appreciated, as it will serve as a wonderful motivator for the entire team to continue to strive for service excellence.

We look forward to welcome you back for another gratifying stay with us.