Meluha The Fern - An Ecotel Hotel, Mumbai
Travelocity
$112
$73
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Travellers Inn(Mumbai)(Great Value!)
$24
$20
Agoda.com
All reviewshiranandani gardenstiara restaurantpowai areawelcome drinkbusiness triprooftop poolbusiness hoteltop floorbreakfast spreadexcellent hotelbusiness districtcheck in was smoothan upgradehousekeeping stafffood qualityexcellent stayrooms are spacious
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Stayed for 17 days. Service is excellent. Staff are super friendly and seem to go that extra mile to make the stay enjoyable.
Buffet is good. but breakfast is average at best.
Seats in the bar are the most uncomfortable you could have in a bar. obviously not designed for a staying for any period of time.
I had a Club room, which on the website says comes with cocktails at happy Hour.
It was never used. Tables are all set, no bar, no food. Inquiry at bar resulted in 3 free Kingfisher and anything off the 'Starter' menu each night. which was adequate.
Pool bar also nonexistent.
For location you cannot get much better.
I will certainly return to this hotel in the future

Room Tip: Ask for a room near top floors and the back. The street noise is amazing. traffic is hectic
1  Thank amcintoshBrisbane
pras_14, Executive Assistant Manager at Meluha The Fern - An Ecotel Hotel, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2014

Dear Trip advisor member,

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback regarding your stay at Meluha-The Fern Mumbai on Trip Advisor.

While we are happy to read that you had an overall comfortable stay with us and appreciated the hotel and its facilities, we regret that you were unable to enjoy the club room facilities during your stay. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused and rest assured that we will work on the feedback highlighted by you.

We are most concerned with the satisfaction of our guests and your review is of great value as it helps us to improve the quality of our products and services. We assure you will find an enhanced experience on your next visit.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Meluha The Fern,Mumbai.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

I stayed with my family, a second time in January 2014 ( 31 dec 2013 to 4 jan 2014), exactly an year later ( last stayed in Jan2013). The second experience was even better than the first ....... Check-in was smooth, and on presentation of my "upgrade vouchers", i was immediately offered an upgrade ( "hazel suite" for the price of "wintergreen " room). Hazel suite is spacious with excellent decor, room is noise-free ( due to good sound insulation, and the bathroom is always kept spotlessly clean. The restaurant is beautiful, all buffet meals were excellent, and we had most of the meals in the hotel, despite numerous cheaper options at walking distance. WE were provided excellent service, the surroundings are clean and beautiful, the hotel interiors are beautiful, and i have no hesitation in rating it as one of the best hotels that we have stayed in..... My thanks to the entire team at meluha ......

Room Tip: all rooms are excellent. despite being located in a busy area, insulation of sound is so good, that its all quiet in the room
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank RajanShonek

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to share such a wonderful feedback and for choosing to stay at Meluha-The Fern Hotel Mumbai.

It is very pleasing to note that you had a comfortable stay with us and enjoyed the hotel and its facilities. It is our constant endeavour to offer our guests luxury experiences through our commitment to quality service, and your recognition of our culinary offerings, hotel facilities and the efficient service provided by our staff is much appreciated by all of us.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future and hope that Meluha-The Fern Mumbai remains your preferred hotel on all your future visits to Mumbai.

Meluha The Ferm, Mumbai

Reviewed January 27, 2014

Well the good points, it is situated in a pretty nice and clean neighbour hood, the room size is pretty decent and the location is central.

The breakfast buffet was very average. The hotel looked dated for the most part and could do with some refurbishment. Getting through their front office to answer a simple question on the wifi was a nightmare. The front office asked me to call some toll free number for questions regarding the wifi. The toll free number had an IVR with numerous choices and options, when I finally got to speak with someone, he informed me that I have to contact the front desk for any wifi queries. The service from the front desk etc, was not extremely great either.

I look forward to trying better properties in the Andheri area at cheaper prices.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
pras_14, Executive Assistant Manager at Meluha The Fern - An Ecotel Hotel, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for sparing your valuable time and effort for the feedback. May we offer our most sincere apologies that your stay with us was not up to your expectations.

I would like to assure you that we have considered your feedback about the internet services and the front desk team most seriously and every step is being taken to correct the deviance in delivering excellent service, to ensure this is not repeated again.

May we request you to consider this as an aberration and not reflective of our regular service standards.

Thank you again. We look forward to opportunity to welcome you again at Meluha The Fern,Mumbai.

Meluha The Fern, Mumbai.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

Recently I visited Mumbai on an official trip and stayed at this place as this hotel is very close to my work. I must say this place is excellent not just because of the grandness of this property but also because of its staff. They are very helpful. The rooms are real good..actually I got a free upgrade to their suite room and its huge.... got ample space in there to just sit back and relax. The room is very clean and well maintained.Their room service was excellent. Only complaint I have is the food. I have ordered food to my room and I did not like its taste....of course I have not informed this to the kitchen...but their buffet breakfast was yummy.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank asateesh
Renu M, Executive Assistant Manager at Meluha The Fern - An Ecotel Hotel, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2014

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for staying with us at the Meluha-The Fern Mumbai and for taking the time to share your comments through TripAdvisor.

We are happy to note you had a pleasant stay and have left with a positive impression of the hotel and its services.Besides the points you have rated positively, I regret that our culinary offering did not meet your expectations. Your comments have been noted and have been shared with our Executive Chef and his team.

We are most concerned with the satisfaction of all our guests and your feedback is of great value as it allows us to improve the quality of our products and services to better meet the needs of our esteemed guests.

I hope you will give us the opportunity of welcoming you again at Meluha- The Fern Mumbai .

Meluha The Fern, Mumbai
eam@meluhafernhotel.com

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Loved my stay here. The staff is very helpful and their suite rooms have enough space to cocoon yourself in the room for many days. Their commitment to ecology is remarkable. The little things like having potted plants in the room, a green initiative to save electricity is noteworthy. The conference rooms are big and i loved that fact. It is a little far away for people who want to stay here for sightseeing but for business travelers this is a very good choice. The airport is around 1 hr away and i will budget around an hour and a half if leaving in peak times. They also have airport drop and pick up which is very helpful.

I think all their rooms are suites. I was staying in their smoking rooms which i can say is very good. The bedroom is separate so if you are a couple and one member does not smoke you can keep the bedroom smoke free and smoke in the living room.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Renu M, Executive Assistant Manager at Meluha The Fern - An Ecotel Hotel, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

We thank you for posting your review about your experience at Meluha The Fern Hotel, Mumbai..

We are happy to note you had a pleasant stay and have left with a positive impression of the hotel and its services. We look forward to your next visit and welcoming you back soon.

Meluha The Fern, Mumbai