“Great Effort”

Meluha The Fern - An Ecotel Hotel, Mumbai
Ranked #14 of 444 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Istanbul, Turkey
“Great Effort”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Meluha The Fern cannot make you feel like you're at home, you're in India though. But it makes you feel safe and relax. They try to compete with the hotels in Europe or the US. India is very different but in Meluha The Fern you can even forget that you're abroad. The building is modern and new in a central location. In 200 m. radius you can find ATM, supermarket and restaurants. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Rooms are spacious with a shower. There's a big lcd, kettle with tea and coffee, iron and 2 litrea water. They renew water daily. I have killed bugs in the bathroom and had suspicions about the cleanliness. internet connection creates trouble sometimes, they should fix that. Breakfast and meals offer both Indian cousine and the ones you know well. Overall, I can say that after indian hospitality Meluha The Fern was the best thing which would stay in my Indian trip memories.

• Stayed March 2013
Fernhotels, Executive Assistant Manager at Meluha The Fern - An Ecotel Hotel, Mumbai, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for staying at Meluha-The Fern, Mumbai.

We are pleased to note that you had an overall pleasant experience and appreciate the convenient location of the hotel. Besides the points that you have rated positively, please be assured that the feedback pertaining to the internet connectivity is being looked into and we sincerely apologize for the cleanliness problems that you faced which will be taken up with the concern departments.

We assure you that necessary steps will be taken to improve the quality of our services to better meet your needs.

We thank you once again for your feedback and look forward to welcoming you again to Meluha The Fern Mumbai on your next visit.

Meluha The Fern,Mumbai

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This hotel is a good alternative to the big chains in Mumbai. Modern, clean and stylish I enjoyed my 3 day stay here. The room was roomy and well equipped, although the bathroom was a little tight due to the big walk in shower. It's has a small rooftop pool and an adequate gym.
The restaurant serves a good selection of food and the staff are well training and polite. It is located in an upmarket suberb of Mumbai and surrounded by shops. i enjoyef my stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Meluha-The Fern, Mumbai and taking your valuable time to post your feedback, on your recent stay.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the room and are glad that you appreciated the friendliness and assistance of our staff and the convenient location of the hotel.

Thank you once again for your valuable comments,

It was certainly a pleasure to be at your service, and we look forward to welcoming you back soon at Meluha-The Fern, Mumbai.

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed March 10, 2013

We were looking for a new choice of hotel in Mumbai and this came up in the set of options.

When we entered the hotel we were promptly greeted by the bell staff.The check-in wait was non existent,checkout was perfect.

The hotel is nicely decorated and feels upscale.We loved our room and the entire hotel experience.The restaurant is an excellent choice for dinner.

This is a great hotel and I highly recommend it.I will be back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for choosing Meluha-The Fern, Mumbai as your accommodation choice and for taking the time to share your valuable feedback of your recent stay with us on Trip Advisor.

We are also delighted to note that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and have carried fond memories with you. It’s always a pleasure to receive positive feedback, which I will be sure to share with the entire team.

We are committed to consistently provide warm and efficient services to all our guest and appreciative comments such as yours are most encouraging for the team.

It was certainly a pleasure for us to be at your service and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

NY, NY
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I stayed a week at the Meluha in February 2013. I train teams for a living and pull 14-16 hours working a day, so any hotel that can give me as much sleep as possible in a clean location is worth a premium to me.

If you have seen my last review of the hotel, it was generally positive.

Here are the issues that I think are a downgrade since my last review:

* Communication when my driver came to pick me up was a comedy of errors. Many times they would tell my driver they rung my hotel room but did not, so I was wasting time until finally the driver called my mobile phone to find out I was waiting for him with no call from the hotel letting me know he was waiting.
* Every morning at an early hour I received repeated ringing of door bells from room service until I answered the door. Was there an emergency? No. They wanted to drop off my paper and ask if I had any laundry for them to take care of. With no "Do not disturb" light on my room or a "do not disturb" sign on my door, this became a pattern that I had to grin and bear throughout my stay because there was no way of avoiding this early morning wake up call. I did not want to tell the front desk about it due to the problems I already had getting my drivers summons to my room in a timely manner.
* When going to the fitness center, the attendant kept staring at me. I am one of those people who like to not be stared at when working out. He did not understand the concept when I tried to communicate it to him.
* Gone are the complimentary jar of cookies at check in. Now you just get a choice of coffee, tea, or beer.

On the positive side, the pool staff were even better than noted in my previous review.

It feels like this hotel quality is sliding in many areas. All of it could be addressed with simple fixes and training. I really hope they do the work to get this hotel back to the level it was at when it first opened.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Fernhotels, Executive Assistant Manager at Meluha The Fern - An Ecotel Hotel, Mumbai, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay at Meluha-The Fern, Mumbai. We are sincerely sorry that your visit did not reflect the high standards that we set for our hotel. I am extremely concerned to read about the incident’s you witnessed.

The issues have been taken up with all the concern team members & we will reinforce the gaps that you faced during your stay with us.

Our goal is to always exceed our guests’ expectations. We value your comments and we will take whatever steps we can to correct the problem.

Your feedback is extremely valuable to us as it helps us to improve the quality of our service to better meet your needs. I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon to Meluha The Fern, Mumbai.

Meluha The Fern, Mumbai.
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here for the last 3 nights. This is the perfect hotel. A very nice and clean room. Staff is very freiendly and courteous at all times. The restaurant is good, with a good breakfast buffet. I will definitely be back when I return to Mumbai on business.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for choosing Meluha-The Fern, Mumbai as your accommodation choice and for taking the time to share feedback of your recent stay with us.

We are pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay and have appreciated the hotel’s facilities and the friendly & courteous staff.

We look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you again soon to Meluha- The Fern, Mumbai .

Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Stayed 3 nights while on business trip in this quality hotel. Spacious and clean rooms with all required amenities. Good breakfast buffet, that could have a bigger selection however the coffee is really good. Very helpful and smiley staff made this one of the more pleasant business trips. It is located in convenient distance from the airport (25 mins). A really good place if you want a break from the bustling chaos on the streets. The restaurant serve very good food with selections of international and Indian. All very tasty.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Trip Advisor Member,

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay and have appreciated the hotel’s facilities and the friendliness and assistance of our staff. We are committed to consistently provide warm and efficient services to all our guests and appreciative comments such as yours are most encouraging and will always be our greatest reward.

Meluha The Fern,Mumbai.
England
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Was only in Mumbai for 1 night. Arrived late at night and was up and out first thing to try and see a bit of Mumbai, but the hotel and its staff treated us well.
Rooms very comfortable.
Plenty choice at breakfast.
Hotel allowed us the use of all facilities later in the day while we were waiting on transport to Pune.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

We appreciate you taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor, and we are pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us. It’s always a pleasure to receive positive feedback, which I will be sure to share with the entire team.

We look forward to seeing you at the hotel again in the near future.