“One of the best stays”

Meluha The Fern - An Ecotel Hotel, Mumbai
Ranked #14 of 486 Hotels in Mumbai
Reviewed December 22, 2012

The hotel looks quite posh from exterior and certainly the reception desk would compliment to its class. Despite a day's stay, I wish I would have another day of stay. They upgraded me to a suite which caught me by surprise. Needless to say, the suite looks one of the finest rooms in town. Their staff were very friendly and helpful. I had a night flight on the second day, when I have already checked out of the hotel, leaving my baggage at the reception. During the evening, I wanted to have a shower, so they directed me to the fitness center where I can fresh up myself. I would certainly go back to the hotel again!

2  Thank littleknownck
Fernhotels, Executive Assistant Manager at Meluha The Fern - An Ecotel Hotel, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2012

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for posting your review regarding your stay at Meluha The Fern, Mumbai.

We are delighted to learn that you had a pleasant stay with us and appreciated the excellent services rendered by our staff. Your comments are most gratifying and have been shared with the entire team.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

I stayed at the Meluha The Fern hotel on a recent 5 day business trip and was impressed. After negotiating the security guards and checks I was pleasantly checked in with an offer of a free pot of Marsala tea in my comfortable room. The room itself was more than adequete with good air conditioning which didn't quite extend into the bathroom... Each morning I had breakfast meetings in the hotel so couldn't really sit back and relax and enjoy the extensive buffet - notably the Indian themed choices. One evening we tried the buffet dinner which was perfectly fine if a little on the dear side. All staff were very friendly, attentive and were prepared to help where necessary. The location was ideal for me as all my meetings were in our offices close by. But the long, tedious journey down to the centre of town (to visit the Gateway of India, for example) was a real experience - let's say adventure.
For business purposes I would certainly recommmend the Meluha but I think that I would look for something closer to the heart of ther city if I were travelling here on vacation.

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for your feedback!!!

We are very pleased to learn how much you enjoyed your stay with us and we would like to thank you for letting us know how impressed you were with the service you received. It was delightful to read that you enjoyed our services and overall dining experience at Tiara All Day Dining Restaurant.

Meluha The Fern Team looks forward to welcoming you back for many more enriching moments.

Meluha The Fern,Mumbai

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Just came back from 10 nights at Meluha, The Fern. We stayed in a Hazel Suite which has a living area and a bedroom area divided by a partition.

Meluha is an upscale boutique hotel in a nicer area of Mumbai called Powai. As others have said, the pros of Powai are that it is much quieter and more pedestrian friendly than many places in Mumbai. You can easily walk to a grocery store, restaurants, coffee shops, etc. The drawback is that it is quite far (time-wise) from the heart of downtown. But if you're not there for sightseeing and don't mind a more residential feel this is the place.

The room was very comfortable and extremely spacious. Breakfast was adequate every day in the restaurant.

Everything here is on the smaller scale - one restaurant, smaller lobby, small pool, but the service is still very good.

Would definitely recommend Meluha.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for taking your valuable time to share your experiences with us. Our team is delighted to hear that you enjoyed our facility and services. We look forward to welcoming you back to Meluha The Fern Hotel in the near future.

Meluha The Fern,Mumbai

Reviewed December 19, 2012

this hotel was a fantastic experience. The staff were extremely attentive and friendly. Was the first time travelling to india and hotel staff were very knowledgable on what to see and do and arranged a private car for us on request. Only down side is that its very far from the city centre, 1.5 hrs drive, and there is not much sightseeing near the hotel, only Juhu beach at 30 min drive away. This hotel caters mainly for business travellers. The hotel resturaunt is very overpriced and the food is average. There are plenty of good local resturaunts nearby, better to try those. The hotel gym is amazing, very modern equiptment. I would definately stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Fernhotels, Executive Assistant Manager at Meluha The Fern - An Ecotel Hotel, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

Reviewed December 18, 2012

I spent a week here as part of a business trip. It has a classic comfortable style, not pretentious at all. The staff are incredibly friendly and accommodating. They even folded my dirty laundry! They had a pillow menu with a dozen choices!

The hotel is within walking distance of many shops and restaurants. All kinds of food and entertainment are only a 5 minute walk away. Karaoke on tuesday? No problem. Tacos on Wednesday? If you must. Pashminas and hand bags before you leave? Easy. You can also easily get to other top sites by rickshaw or taxi for a fair price.

The complimentary breakfast was excellent and included a selection of traditional Indian offerings as well as Western fare. The food quality was high. Plenty of healthy options were available. Security and door service always included a smile.

The room was well furnished and clean. Internet in the room was complimentary and worked well. My experience with support getting my phone on line showed their knowledge and willingness to help. Chocolates for turndown service every evening were a nice finishing touch.

I hope to stay here again the next time I visit Mumbai. India is a wonderful country to visit and this is a great place to stay in Mumbai.

Room Tip: I stayed in 417. The room was quiet but didn't have a great view of the street. If you want a vi...

Reviewed December 14, 2012

I stayed for two nights since I was here for a convention and the hotel is easily accessible to this place.As you enter the hotel has a very modern contemporary look and my first impression about this hotel was WOW !! right from the front desk staff at check-in to the restaurant and the room service boys all were extremely polite,they would go all out their way to make sure everything was perfect and just the way I liked it.The food quality was mediocre,which compensated with the prompt and courteous staff in the hotel.
Overall a great stay,Highly recommended.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

If you are visiting Mumbai for business or pleasure I would highly recommend this property. It is in a good location and the accommodations and service are top notch and the location is ECO friendly to boot.

This is a five star property that is a great value for the money. You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: All rooms are outstanding.
1  Thank Craig A