“An experience to remember”
Review of Jamavar

Jamavar
Ranked #267 of 14,763 Restaurants in Mumbai (Bombay)
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 25, 2013

It was breakfast time and we decided to try JAMAVAR at the LEELA Hotel in ANDHERI EAST on CHRISTMAS DAY.
WELCOMED with smiling faces and an enticing AMBIENCE which makes one feel more HUNGRY.
As one enters Hotel Leela, one is mesmerised by the elegance and decor, and as we were guided to the restaurant JAMAVAR, it was not like any other breakfast, as, the spread was wonderful and we felt that we had made the right decision.
Variety of Juices, doughnuts, dosas, eggs made to order, parathas,with idli, vada and other items thrown in.
It was a sumptuous breakfast that we had and the Captain and the staff made our DAY.
The preparations by the chef were excellent and it was made to order breakfast
we then decided that JAMAVAR would be the place to have breakfast once in 2 weeks

1  Thank mahendra_kalantri

Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

I have dined here numerous times over the last four years and the standards have been consistently high.
Being the flagship Indian restaurant at the Mumbai Leela, the service is attentive and detailed.
I particularly enjoy their curries where the gravies are more complex due to a full compliment of spices and herbs. My particular favorites include their lobster curry and also their crab meat starter.
Prices are a tad more expensive than good Indian restaurants downtown, but you pay for the sophistication.

1  Thank multigourmet
Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

Considering the price I would visit less often. The food was excellent, although the tandoori roti was toasted like a papad. Flavours were authentic. I tested them by ordering one dish from Kashmir and one from Kerala. They were both perfect. Neither the bottled water nor the steamed rice was complimentary. The paan by the door was a nice ending to the meal. The ambience left a little something to be desired. Usually such places are more ornate. I found myself staring at a blank red wall.

1  Thank Rajiv D
Reviewed November 17, 2013

With ITC not far away from where we were staying this was an intersting find for some quality food with jazzed ambience that left me impressed.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Authentic Indian cuisine - expensive, but the environment and the convenience makes it worthwhile for a hotel guest.