“Good, but offer not clear”
Review of Bollywood Tours

Bollywood Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
$140.00*
and up
Full-Day Private Bollywood Tour
Ranked #13 of 97 Tours in Mumbai (Bombay)
More attraction details
Owner description: At the heart of the Entertainment Industry in India is Mumbai, and at the heart of the Bollywood tourism industry is Bollywood Tours. A Mumbai based company, we are the first and finest in the industry of Bollywood tours and entertainment. Having this experience puts us in a tactical position for delivering the best packages and the most knowledgeable operators with you on your trip to discover the facets of the Indian Film Industry. We believe in doing few things, but doing them exceptionally well. This mantra drives us ahead, and continues us to challenge the status quo, ensuring delight each time and every time.Contact us and you could just end up having the most memorable time during your stay here.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Paris, France
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Good, but offer not clear”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I booked Half Day Bollywood Tour for 1 PAX in October 2013.
Quick reply to pre-tour e-mail always.

My guide, Mansi, has come pick me up in my hotel far in South Mumbai with driver in AC car. On the way to northern suburbs, comments on some sights in the car and once arrived in Bandra Area to see Bollywood stars' home, Mansi helped me out to take some pictures of me in front of stars' gates etc.

We arrived in SJ Studio, one of the middle size shooting studios spread out in this film industry city, where I joined a coupe with their guide who were on the same tour. The guide was knowledgeable and his comments were quite interesting.
We watched three shootings of TV shows, took picture with unknown actor for me (as he was mainly in TV shows and in few B grade movies).
Visiting TV show sets, watching shooting teams working, actors learning words by heart....quite curious experience to see how Indian film industry worked. Tour finished after having watched video on the studio and on VFX effects in a hall.

Driver drove me back to South Mumbai through traffic jam. Overall, the tour was satisfactory, ...BUT.

Initially I had known that to see dance scene shooting or film shooting were matter of luck, and unfortunately it was not my case and I accept it.

Except...on the tour schedule sheet, it was mentioned that tour included VFX studio OR watch new Bollywood film, I asked for VFX studio in e-mail previously.
So when we rode back to South Mumbai, I asked my guide on VFX, as I did not think it had done. Mansi replied that the video on VFX effects work which I had watch in hall was...it???

Later as I read other review on Half Day Tour, I found out that this lucky guy DID visit VFX studio. I did the tour on a weekday so studio must be opened.
So make sure on this point if you book Half Day Tour.

3 Thank Oceane75

Carmel
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Unique experience”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

A wonderful experience of Bollywood shoot by Madhuri Dixit, in depth look at digital animations (VFX) and then visit (from outside of course) to see some big star houses in Bandra. Naren was an excellent and engaging tour guide. Well worth the cost of US$ 100 per person and the most unique experience I have had in 3 visits to Mumbai.

3 Thank ksandras
Jitin G, Owner at Bollywood Tours, responded to this review, October 8, 2014
Hey Ksandras,

Thank you for your kinds words! We are glad you like the tour.

Regards,
Bollywood tours.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Okay”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

The tour guide was very helpful. The tour could have been better. The tour is expensive so we should have been taken to a film shoot not just some small studio where some unknown(to me) soapie was being shot. Being shown how fx is done was interesting. Over all it was okay not value for money.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Lalitha S
Mumbai (Bombay), India
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Bollywood experience”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Fascinating visit to S J Studios, a major Bollywood studio in Mumbai. The young guides, Naren and Dipesh, spent hours with us guiding us through this world of make-believe. Their infectious enthusiasm and knowledge added great luster to the entire excursion. When it comes to tours of this sort, guides make all the difference. Naren and Dinesh did not disappoint. The tour was well organized and extensive access was granted to the various sets at the complex. Live shooting was observed and insight provided to modern film making techniques, particularly the use of computer generated imagery. Highlight of our Indian tour.

2 Thank Mohamed J
Jitin G, Owner at Bollywood Tours, responded to this review, October 10, 2014
Hie Mohamed J,

Thank you for the vote of confidence! We are glad you enjoyed our services. Thank you for choosing Bollywood Tours!

Regards,
Bollywood tours.
Tokyo, Japan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice experience for Bollywood fans”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

It was a wonderful experience for me. I reserved "half day tour". The tour started from seeing star's home in Bandra area (Mumbai). After seeing it, we visited a studio and saw some film shooting. If you are lucky, you may see some famous actor (unfortunately, we could see famous one). Then we went to VFX company and saw how VFX contribute to contemporary movie industry. The staff of the company was a professional guy and he answered everything in our discussion and it was a good chance to know the VFX.
I heard it was not the season, so the visitor was only me. The guid Nareen and Dipesh were really nice guy. Especially, Nareen had a special knowledge about Bollywood industry and he taught me the history of bollywood in detail and also he answered a lot of questions. And Dipesh introduced me a lot of indian music including bollywood songs. They were nice and kind guys. They always took care of me through the day and I could spend the time with fun through the day.

Visited August 2013