“Not worth it”

Ibis Mumbai Airport
Ranked #50 of 452 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Though it is tagged as a lowest price offering in business hotels...it's not the case. We had a stay as we were travelling from Ahmadabad. Chose the hotel for its proximity to airport.
The facilities that are expected from a hotel of its stature were missing. No toiletries were provided, only ONE liter of water was provided for a twin sharing room,not enough milk or sugar for tea making. They wont provide foam slipper or bathroom slipper as well.
Complimentary breakfast is served which closes by 10:30, but you wont get any call from the front desk to inform you on the same. We were late for breakfast n were only served bread & butter n cereals...
The staff were courteous but I have stayed in other places of similar standard and tariff n have experienced better facilities n amenities.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mishti2013
Rohan S, General Manager at Ibis Mumbai Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2014

Dear Guest,

Firstly let me thank you for staying with us and also for giving us feedback online. I would like to take the opportunity to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you encountered you during your stay.

Ibis globally being an economy brand we do not provide amenities in rooms which are readily available in luxury hotels. However all amenities are available at the reception desk and it is delivered to the guest room upon request. This helps to keep the costs down which in turn means more savings for our valued guests.

We believe in running the extra mile for our guest and endeavoring to deliver personalized service.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly on your next visit, which I truly hope that you shall give us an opportunity. I assure you that we shall leave no stone unturned to make your stay a pleasant one.

We invite you to visit us on Facebook for our events calendar, exclusive offers, destination tips and more.

There are newer reviews for Ibis Mumbai Airport

Reviewed July 16, 2014

i have never seen charges like this from any of the vendors 25++ rs per min std + TAXES from landline of the room . The have tagged the hotel under lowest offering and i don't think it is . there is no cap on the max price of the call charges they charge like anything.if i wanted to know the breakup of 25rs/min call charges there is no transparent communication to let the customer know for what he is paying . There is no escalation matrix defined to file complaints and worst customer experience .

Room Tip: dont use any call services they are not at all nominal
1  Thank Vivek S
Rohan S, General Manager at Ibis Mumbai Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2014

Dear Mr. Vivek,

Thank you for reviewing us on Trip Advisor. I am most concerned to learn your displeasure towards your recent stay with us. At ibis Mumbai Airport it is our constant endeavour to provide our guests the most comfortable and memorable stay and I regret that you left without that feeling.

I would like to mention some points for better clarity: Calling charges at ibis Mumbai Airport was never so high as mentioned. Call charges from the room landline, a pulse is equal to 03 minutes and 01 pulse is equal to INR-25/- inclusive of taxes. Incase the call goes beyond 03 minutes even by a sec, the telecom provider identifies as a second pulse.

However we have noted your feedback and we will re-look at the calling charges.

Like our Facebook for updates and deals at ibis Mumbai Airport!

Reviewed July 14, 2014

Smell in the corridor and rooms.
Not good quality standard. Off course not to standard. No space around hotel. Congested. No welcoming till i called them. Late arrival of driver to pick me up from airport.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
1  Thank Mahaveer S
Rohan S, General Manager at Ibis Mumbai Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2014

Greetings from ibis Mumbai Airport!

Thank you for your feedback, your feedback help us grow.

We are very sorry to hear that your stay was not up to your expectations.

We have taken note of your comments about the service and will look into the matter very seriously and you have my assurance that we will take all up with our teams to ensure we follow our established quality standards to exceed our guests’ expectations. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

As you may be aware that Mumbai experiences very heavy rains and sometimes inspite of our best efforts moisture gets trapped in. While we do everything to make our corridor feel fresh, we regret that you did not feel comfortable and thanks largely to your feedback. We have installed dehumidifier on the floors to reduce moisture content.

Thank you once again and we look forward to your future visit.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

The front Desk was very good and checking in was fast. Rooms were typical Ibis - basics type with a gyan of protecting the environment the amenities not great. Probabaly getting bored with this not so interesting Ibis culture. For the price of the room is high when compared to hotels nearby with better facilitites. The breakfast was okay but the staff service was pathetic. They do not bother about guests and are just machines. They do talk in their local language, felt they were talking about the guests at the tables and joking which I noticed having seated myself opposite the doors of the kitchen. I left with a very bad feeling and having decided that I would not come back to his hotel again. Added to that they blocked extra money from my card which I do not know why. Complete lack of trust. When my bill was lesser than the money blocked they had to unblock the same. This took lot of time while checking out. Infact, I had to call them the next day and ask them to make the change as the unblocking did not happen. Based on my poor experience will not recommend this hotel. I had visited Ibis in Pune just a few days before and had a completely opposite experience. Hope someone from Ibis in Mumbai is reading this.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Rohan S, General Manager at Ibis Mumbai Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2014

Dear Mr. Jaya,

Greetings from ibis Mumbai Airport!

We accord guest satisfaction a lot of importance which has helped us win Certificate of Excellence award 2013 and also several other awards.

Thank you for your compliments on Front desk and check-in process.

I have shared your feedback with all my team and I will personally be looking into the points you have highlighted. Each day we try and make few changes to ensure that the property is continuously upgraded, However I can understand how you felt about food and beverage service.

Our breakfast service is frequently complimented which you will see in the last 200 odd guest feedbacks and we have taken appropriate training measures to ensure that such issues may be eliminated.

As the hotel is extremely busy and you may have seen the same, your experience may have been one off and not a reflection of our continues standard. Nonetheless, we have discussed it with every single team member in the restaurant.

I would also wish to mention a point for better clarity: At ibis Mumbai Airport we take the pre-authorization at front desk with the approval of guest for any incidentals you may incur during your stay. If guest denies for the blocking of amount he/she can settle the extra charges by cash upon usage. This is done to ensure that we enable speedy check-in and check-out of all our guest who possibly have to attend important meetings, catch a flight and so on.

Honest opinion and feedback from a senior contributor like yourself allows us to introspect and review product and service delivery. I thank you for the feedback and hope you will give the opportunity again to serve you in the near future. Feel free to email me on h6367 gm@accor.com and I will be happy to assist you to the best of my ability.

Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

I had high expectations of the Ibis Mumbai Airport hotel as I had have stayed in many Ibis hotels around the world, and they are usually great value for money. This one is at the lower end of that scale simply because of the breakfast. Rooms are clean, service is good and the location is ideal if flying in or out. Unfortunately the breakfast buffet let's the place down. Limited options such as no orange juice or multi grain bread and what is on offer is just to bland. If the buffet was up to scratch this hotel would be good value for money. Or, if they didn't offer breakfast but lowered the price a bit.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. Your feedback help us grow.

We understand that you did enjoyed your stay experience with us but it was not an excellent due the mentioned shortfalls and we were not able to live up to your expectation.

Spice –it is known to please the palate of the guest everytime they visit to our hotel with new varieties, keeping in mind your feedback we have gone through several upgrades and revamps of our breakfast offerings to keep us consistent and constantly ahead. As they say, change is the only thing which is constant.

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me should you find yourself staying with ibis Mumbai Airport in the future, as it would be our pleasure to assist in making sure your next visit is memorable for all the right reasons.

Do visit us on Facebook and stay up to date on activities planned at ibis Mumbai Airport!

Reviewed July 4, 2014

The location of the hotel is brilliant as most places of importance are nearby viz Bandra , Santacruz , , Andheri , Malad and most importantly the airport. They offer free dropping to domestic airport right in front of the airline check in counters. The rooms are decent enough and the staff is warm and friendly. We got a room for 3600 approx along with free breakfast during a seasonal offer. I was mighty pleased and recommend it to everyone coming to Mumbai.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Rohan S, General Manager at Ibis Mumbai Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2014

Greetings from ibis Mumbai Airport!

Thank you for your post on Trip Advisor. I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel.

It’s great to read your comments about the property; we are humbled that you consider us one of the best budget hotel in Mumbai.

Our teams were pleased to know that their efforts were appreciated.

Thank you once again for your wonderful feedback and we look forward to your future visits soon.

Like us on Facebook and stay up to date on activities planned at ibis Mumbai Airport!!

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Was there last month on a business visit with my wife. Well located and an "efficient" business hotel. Food is a bit on the costly side but otherwise a nice hotel. The staff was very friendly and anticipated my needs.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Dear Mr. Bakshi,

Greetings from ibis Mumbai Airport!

Thank you for sharing your review with the trippers on TripAdvisor. I am glad that you and your wife had a comfortable stay with us.

The team at ibis Mumbai Airport is very happy to read your kind words, your commendation is our biggest compliment!

It is our endeavour to provide authentic hospitality and create memorable experiences for our guests and your brilliant feedback proves that our efforts are not wasted.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Like our Facebook page for offers and updates.