ibis Mumbai Airport - An AccorHotels Brand
$115
$112
$73
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Travellers Inn(Mumbai)(Great Value!)
$24
$20
1,499 results
All reviewsrooms are smalldomestic terminaldinner buffetwestern express highwaybusiness triproom serviceshort stayconvenient locationbreakfast spreadrestaurant staffcomfortable stayfood qualityhouse keepingfront officecoffee shoptransitmodular
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I like this place mainly for the location. Apart from that the rooms are tidy, compact & clean. Food is good too. Mostly I stay in this property for the last 2 years whenever in Mum on biz. Its the same experience you get wherever I stay in IBIS property.

Room Tip: all rooms are having sound proof windows
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Rohan S, General Manager at ibis Mumbai Airport - An AccorHotels Brand, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about us on the world’s favorite review site, www.tripadvisor.com

I was excited to read your review and appreciate your kind words about the property. It is an honor to have you as one of our most regular guests and it is always a delight serving you.

We are at your service always. Please do mail me on h6367-gm1@accor.com for any assistance you may need for your future visits.

Thank you once again for your feedback.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

In Short:
- Small clean rooms
- Averagely priced
- Good location
- Good complimentary wifi
- Poor service
- Poor overpriced food

A new, clean, basic, and reasonably priced business hotel. Very close to the domestic airport. Reasonably good wifi at a measured 600Kbps download speed. A few minor maintenance problems and a bit of a let down on organising transport. There is a well equipped wheelchair accessible toilet in the foyer area. Best I have seen so far in 7 years of travelling around India (the best hotels for disabled wheelchair users to my knowledge are the Mayfair group).

As I left the airport domestic arrivals I found the Ibis complimentary taxi service placard just outside the main door. We waited 5 minutes for the car and within minutes of heading back to the hotel we were in a traffic jam and it might have been quicker to walk but it was hot. There is a lot of construction going on in that area at the moment.

At arrival there was the obligatory security check which was quick. At reception the check-in was efficient. I immediately informed them that I would be checking out around 11pm and would need a taxi at 11:15pm.

The room was small but clean. Very comfortable bed and good room temperature. Good TV channels including BBC and CNN. There was the usual small safe for valuables. Good lighting. There was power point/ethernet socket on the desk but that was where I came across the first problem. A small but inconvenient situation. The socket on the desk didn't have any power on investigation I traced the cable under the desk to a plug which had been disconnected from a hidden socket. Maybe it was disconnected for a vacuum cleaner and not replugged.

The bathroom was small but very clean. Very good water pressure. Medium size, medium quality towels and toilet tissue. Quite plasticky feeling and reminded me of prefabricated bathroom units found in ships. When I had a shower the shower-head on a flexible pipe was set in a fixed holder instead of the tilt-able and height adjustable shower-head holder. So the water was spraying over my head and against the glass doors where it leaked out through the broken plastic seal between the doors. This adjustable holder had obviously been broken but instead of repairing or replacing they fitted a fixed unit. I reported the problem but the maintenance guy seemed to be perplexed and nervous so I am not sure whether the problem was properly reported. When I mentioned it at the reception they were apologetic and offered a complimentary drop at the International airport usually over a 1,000 rupees but 3-600 from an outside A/C taxi. The fixtures seem to be made of cheap materials and this is reflected by the various loose and broken bathroom fittings.

The restaurant was bright and cheerful. The music was slightly too loud but otherwise the atmosphere was ok. The buffet looked good from a distance but on close inspection it looked like a struggle between boutique hotel style highly decorated morsels and very ordinary Indian fare. A well presented and better prepared simpler variety of Indian and European dishes would have been more appetising. The food was ok but pretencious. No cheese and in the salad the only leaves were some tired looking lettuce. It always surprises me how ordinary the fruits are in these type of hotels as in India there are so many delicious and varied fruits like jack fruit, guava etc. The service was ok but my nan bread took too long to arrive and my food was getting cold. Further to the subject of maintenance I noticed my table was very wobbly.

Warning! Do not try the Spaghetti Bolognese. Really pathetic attempt. First the broken and over cooked spaghetti was mixed with the "Bolognese" sauce. Second the sauce was made with mutton. Third there was insufficient tomato sauce and wrong spices. Fourth there was insufficient onion. In all it was horrid.

When I was checking out it took a little too much time. I reminded them immediately I arrived at the desk at 11:15pm that I would need the car for the airport as agreed earlier. By 11:30pm it was still not there and so I took a taxi that had just dropped someone. The guys from the front desk rushed out to say "....but sir our car is complimentary and this taxi will charge you!" I said "Fine but your car is still not here and I needed to be at the airport now and I haven't left yet! So I am taking a taxi, Thanks!" Doh! I am glad they didn't charge the airport drop off to my bill as the taxi that took me to the airport didn't give me a receipt either!! 600Rs out of pocket thanks to the hotel being too slow.

Good business hotel with good security. A little cramped but clean. No frills.

Avoid room 120 unless you specifically ask whether the shower-head adjustable holder has been replaced.

Though they promised to sign me up for their Loyalty program and email the membership number etc... that never happened. More of a two or three star experience for service.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 25, 2013

While IBIS rooms are of dimensions intended to make Japanese travellers feel at home,with just enough space for a transcontinental suitcase, the rooms are comfortable and the ambience good.More,the staff at Check-in are uniformly friendly,and do not just smile in an automatic way but actually seek to assist.Overall,the stay at IBIS off Mumbai airport was pleasant,bringing memories of similar modern but charming hotels,such as Gordon House in Colaba (again in Mumbai)

Room Tip: They're all the same size,but ask for a view

Dear Guest,

Your wonderful review was excellent reading, thank you for taking the time to write about ibis Mumbai Airport.

I have already praised my team for the level of warm & efficient service they provided to you . Apart from a great property, our level of service is one of our key differentiation and our on going training & development of our wonderful team keep instilling this service focus.

We do hope you will stay with us again and give us an opportunity to look after you in the near future. We are at your service always

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed here on 20th and 21st April and for a four star it was a bit dissappointing.
As they offer free airport pickup ( Domestic only ) i took up their offer and it took them 50 minutes to arrive and their Rep had to phone them several times before the cab arrived. By the way the hotel is 5 minute walk from the Airport. The hotel was quite clean but my room was quite small and compact and not much room to open the luggage and had to be done one at a time.
There were no porters so we had to take our own luggage and bring it down ourselves on checkout. We were greatful for the hotel letting us stay until 2 pm although the checkout time is 12 Noon. the breakfast choice is very mediocre compared to some others we have stayed in in Mumbai. Overall i think a 3* hotel that thinks it's 4*. The hotel Charges Rupees 1100 odd for a international airport transfer but i was able to book a cab for 8 hours and 80 Kilometer travel for Rupees 1250 or if you need half a day for around Rupees 750 4 Hours and 40 Kilometers or 1 minute walk brings you out on the main road and you will find Taxis here for around Rupees 200 or less for the airport.

Room Tip: Right Near the airport so no view to talk about but great location for domestic travel.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Rohan S, General Manager at ibis Mumbai Airport - An AccorHotels Brand, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Kindly accept my sincere apologies for the delayed Airport pick up.I have taken this very seriously with my team and rest assured that appropriate measures have been taken to avoid it's future occurrence.

I will share your feedback regarding the cleanliness of the room with my team,your kind words will definitely boost their motivation and will serve as an encouragement to the team.

Thank you once again and we hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you in near future.

Kindest Regards
General Manager.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

- close to the domestic airport
- walkable (if you do not have luggage), although the street is chaotic
- shuttle to the airport is on time (you have to book in advance)
- buffet breakfast is free
- clean room, but very small (typical for an airport hotel)
- coffee can be made inside the room
- No lotion in the bathroom, but soap/shampoo available

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Rohan S, General Manager at ibis Mumbai Airport - An AccorHotels Brand, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at ibis Mumbai Airport, we are glad that you enjoyed your experience with us.

We very much appreciate your positive feedback on our location, cleanliness of rooms and facilities.

The route to the hotel is barely 4 mins. however in view of the urgent road development activity by the local government authorities between the airport and the road leading to the western express highway ( road passes outside the hotel belt of the airport) there is a likely-hood of delays in travel from the airport to the hotel of between 20-25 minutes. Additional cars were deployed, but the narrow roads due to the construction activity have been affecting overall travel movement.

It was a pleasure having you with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.