“Smart Hotel close to Mumbai Domestic Airport!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ibis Mumbai Airport

Ibis Mumbai Airport
Ranked #53 of 441 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
“Smart Hotel close to Mumbai Domestic Airport!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2011

Like all Ibis hotels across the world, the IBIS Mumbai Airport is clean, efficient and comfortable. Good value for money - as long as one doesn't expect the frills and fancies!

However, beware of the hotel sales staff - they are extremely rude and arrogant - specially someone called Ms. Sonia Singh. Her Superior said that she was perhaps inebriated because she was a on vacation in Goa! Isn't the customer come first?

Room Tip: Select rooms on the side away from the WE Highway
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
NitinBhatia, General Manager at Ibis Mumbai Airport, responded to this review, December 19, 2011
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback and we are delighted that you had a pleasant stay with us.

With regards to your comment about the sales staff, I have investigated the matter and please feel free to contact me on h6367-gm@accor.com and I am happy to give you an explanation.

We look forward to welcoming you once again to ibis Mumbai in the near future.

Nitin Bhatia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
Muscat, Oman
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2011

It's worst hotel i had stayed in my life, rooms were like dormitory's size.
Nobody to show way to the room, ppl at reception just told which floor to go...

Bed sheet had hole on it, which i think is hole on IBIS hotel's name.

More over the wall had long cracks on it, which reminds me of some earthquake hit city.

Overall BIG NO NO for this hotel....

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for your valuable feedback.

I have noted your comments about the bed linen and the crack on the wall and would like to assure you that corrective action has been taken to rectify both issues.

ibis Rooms are designed after extensive market research and for maximum comfort and functionality keeping in mind the value proposition and I am sorry to hear that it did not meet your expectations.

Travelers are raving about these Mumbai (Bombay) hotels

Alappuzha, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2011

Stayed for a couple of nights. It is almost walking distance from the domestic airport. The rooms at Ibis are like any other Ibis - basic, clean, functional. The restaurant is nice. Breakfast was good.
Only issue I had was with the wi-fi. It was patchy at best. There were these bouts of high/low speeds.

1 Thank madhavi
NitinBhatia, General Manager at Ibis Mumbai Airport, responded to this review, December 5, 2011
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for posting your comments and it is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback. My team and I are delighted that you found the rooms functional and clean and that you enjoyed the breakfast. Furthermore, thank you for bringing to my attention the patchy internet speed. Please accept my apologies and I would like to assure you that the matter has been rectified.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you to ibis Mumbai in the near future.

A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2011

I would never like to stay at IBIS Mumbai again. The Room service is non existent. When i specifically i ask for it, the reception says it is available only once a day so I don't get it on day I check in. Next day I don't get it as I will be checking out. Strange. Thus i will never now stay at IBIS.

Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments and I am disappointed that we failed to meet your expectations. Please allow me to clarify that we offer in room delivery only between 7 PM and 11 PM at an additional charge, however the 24/7 snack menu is available for pick up 24 hours a day. My apologies that this was not communicated to you correctly and I would like to assure you that the importance of clear and correct communication has been reiterated to all front line staff. Furthermore, I would be keen to know if you were satisfied with the product and sincerely hope that you will give us another opportunity to be of service.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2011

we booked twin beds and got double bed, and the only available twin were on the smoking floor.
Staff were ok, was dissappointed about chargable rates to international airport!
Rates too high for standard.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2011

Fly from Shanghai and need to go to other India city, so I chose to stay at this hotel which named in airport. it's still a little distance to domestic airport but have free transfer time by time (maybe 10 mins?). room is not big but very clean. feeling is very good even I stay a lot of 5 star hotel before. it's first time I stay in ibis, so maybe next time I will consider Singapore ibis as well. BTW: own a golden A-club card. but not any welcome gift? Any way, it's still very happy to stay in this hotel!

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
NitinBhatia, General Manager at Ibis Mumbai Airport, responded to this review, November 30, 2011
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your positive feedback and we are delighted that you had a pleasant stay with us and particularly found the hotel very clean.

Please accept my apologies that we missed the welcome gift and I would like to assure you that the same has been communicated to the concerned department to ensure consistency in providing welcome gift to our valuable Gold a-Club members.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you to ibis Mumbai in the near future.

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2011

We had a re-union with my colleagues after almost 3 years and we all enjoyed IBIS from multiple aspects - Location, Food, Ambience & Staff.. They are very supportive and I would definetely recommend as a ideal location.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
NitinBhatia, General Manager at Ibis Mumbai Airport, responded to this review, November 22, 2011
Dear Guest

Thank you for your positive feedback and we are delighted that you enjoyed our Food and beverage facilities.

Look forward to welcoming you in the near future.