“Excellent stay”

ibis Mumbai Airport- An AccorHotels Brand
Ranked #45 of 463 Hotels in Mumbai
Reviewed May 11, 2011

I stayed for one night for business due to it's proximity to the airport. I have stayed at ibis worldwide so knew what to expect. But the ibis Mumbai hotel blew me away, this is far far better than the ibis hotels you find in Europe. It is an economy brand though so don't expect the luxuries of a bell boy, concierge, bath amenities, pool, spa etc. But who uses a pool whilst on business anyway?? The short comings were made up by the excellent and friendly service, great food and drink ( very reasonably priced, I must add). There was free Internet for guests in the lobby so I checked my email whilst I waited for my meal. In the room, there was wifi (chargeable) but it was super fast. The room was clean, completely sound proof and I could even see aircrafts take off from my window. I appreciated the eye catching shuttle from and to the domestic airport and as a single female traveller I felt safe in the hotel and around the area. Will definitely return if work brings me to Mumbai.

Room Tip: Front facing room as high as possible
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank ValentinaPR
NitinBhatia, General Manager at ibis Mumbai Airport- An AccorHotels Brand, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your positive feedback and my team and I are delighted that you have a comfortable stay with us. Furthermore, I am glad that you felt secure in and around the hotel. Security and safety of our guests is of prime importance and we are consistently trying to make sure that our guests feel safe in the hotel's environment.
My team and I look forward to welcoming you to ibis Mumbai and once again thank you for your feedback.
Sincerely
Nitin Bhatia

Write a ReviewReviews (1,446)

Reviewed May 4, 2011

The hotel is very convenient and just located outside of airport. The hotel shows by itself that it belongs to big chain and staff are too. The hotel is really excellent and convenient.

The hotel is very comfortable for all transit passengers due to its location. Also the rooms are good and more than expected. As far as food is concerned, I prefer to go out and take real Mumbai food since Mumbai food is very delicious and you can find many good restaurants.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 2, 2011

This is neat, clean hotel at near Mumbai Domestic Airport. The property has just come up very recently so properly maintain.
Ibis hotel is very stringent about rules & regulation like even room service is also chargeable.
Food supplied is limited but clean. Not many options are available in Food Menu.
No business center is available as of now.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 1, 2011

I spent 1 night at Ibis Mumbai since I arrived late from Singapore and had an early flight to Udaipur… Decided on Ibis since I am pretty familiar with the brand and concept from my previous experiences in Europe and mostly after having used satisfactorily most of the Accord Hotels Brands… However, for some reason Ibis Mumbai does not seem to work…

First of all, the hotel is quite new, so I guess they are still trying to figure out how to run a hotel, which is silly for a brand such as Ibis or Accord…

The location is convenient, but not nice by any means… it is a 150 INR taxi ride from the International Terminal (they provide shuttle service to the Domestic Terminal, at least drop off service). Outside the hotel there is pretty much nothing, just a lot of noise, other cheap ugly hotels and that is it… and slumps, lots of slumps and poverty...

The service at the Front Desk was terrible! There were 3 guys on duty on that particular night, all of them looked like 15 years old and they acted like 12 year olds! They had absolutely no idea on what to do… after waiting around 25 minutes since they could not find my reservation, they gave me a room on the 4th floor… but I had to pay again for my room since they could not find my original booking... sad...

The aisle smelled funny in a bad way, mix of fresh paint, cement and sewage and the carpet was already dirty… the room size is adequate but the finishes look super cheap and low quality… upon inspection my bathroom was wet, perhaps the cleaning lady did not dried it appropriately… did not feel like going back to the front desk so I kept the room…

Since I was hungry went to the restaurant to get a bite, but they told me a sandwich would take 30 minutes, so I decided to skip dinner and went straight to bed… there is no vending machine or other possibility to get food in the hotel…

The mattress was actually very comfortable and the bed sheets and pillows were quite good as well… Surprisingly, the rooms are not noisy at all, impossible to hear a thing and it is worth mentioning that my window overlooked the main highway…

I had a good night sleep…

Breakfast was just ok, not included (299 INR+) buffet style with limited selection of fruits, breads, local dishes and eggs…

Checkout was a bit complicated as well, but easier than expected…

Summarizing, I do not believe I would be staying at this hotel again, for the price paid (5600 INR) I rather pay a little extra and stay somewhere nicer like Intercontinental, Hyatt or Hilton… also pretty close form the airport and providing free shuttle service... hopefully I can get my money back...

1  Thank TravelingMx
NitinBhatia, General Manager at ibis Mumbai Airport- An AccorHotels Brand, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2011

Dear Guest

Thank you for highlighting the inconveniences faced during your stay and I sincerely apologize that we failed to meet your expectations. Whilst this is not our usual standard of service, please be assured that we have taken corrective action based on your valuable feedback.

I would appreciate if you could contact me on nitin.bhatia@accor.com to discuss the issue of double payment as if there has been an error from our side, I would like to issue a refund that is due to you.

I sincerely hope that you will give us another chance to showcase the professional service standards that ibis prides itself upon and once again thank you for your feedback.

Nitin Bhatia

Reviewed April 30, 2011

Booked Ibis directly by calling the hotel. The hotel is a walkable distance from the domestic airport arrival terminal if you don't have a heavy bag to lug along. Ask them for their shuttle service. However do make sure to double check they've got your arrival details correctly (they got mine wrong).
The hotel is brand new and so is the staff. The inexperience shows! It was difficult (impossible) to get any body to respond to phone calls (reception/house keeping) after 11pm. So make sure you get what you want before then.
The rooms are tidy and compact. Makes you feel you are in Hongkong.
The room has only one plug point hence you have to chose if you want to power your lap top or your mobile.
The breakfast choice is very limited and service rather slow. Maybe they will improve as they go along.
Overall an ok kind of place. Good if you arrive on a late night flight and have a early morning flight to catch.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 25, 2011

This is a new hotel very close to the Mumbai Domestic airport which felt safe and secure. The rooms are what is expected in an ibis with a comfy bed, electronic safe & LCD TV.
The wi-fi is a bit pricey at RS650 + tax for 24 hours.
The food served in the hotel is first class, with a wide selection of Western and Indian dishes including a limited menu offer of a main, dessert and a drink for Rs299.
Large fast lifts, not the claustrophobic ones you normally find in Indian hotels.
2 complimentary bottles of water are provided every day in your room.
Be careful of the taxt drivers outside the gate as there will seriously rip you off - I was quoted Rs500 for a 10 minute journey in a taxi, when the same journey in an Auto was Rs20 with free AC. If you return by Auto, be aware that not all the drivers know where the hotel is as it is so new, just remember it is one block from the Sahara Star which all drivers should know. The hotel can arrange transport to the international airport for Rs960, which again is quite pricey.
My room overlooked the Western Exress Highway, but thanks to the double glazing there was virtually no noise from the road in my room.
This is definitely the hotel to stay in if you want a more Western experience at an affordable price.

7  Thank Andy M
Reviewed April 23, 2011

Very close to the airport best location. Lots of smiling faces in the restaurant and the reception. Rooms are very cozy and the best beds for a excellent sleep. Bathrooms are different then other hotels.

6  Thank mannaik