“Matunga market” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mumbai Magic - Private Tours

Mumbai Magic - Private Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Approved by Ministry of Tourism, Government of India, and listed on Maharashtra Tourism website. Listed in Frommers, Lonely Planet and many international magazines. Pioneers of walks and insightful tours of the city.
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Matunga market”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

No majestic imperial monuments or ancient archaeology - this was a regular street market for ordinary Mumbai people brought to life by our guide Freni. We learned and saw things that would have passed us by if we had gone on our own. If you want to capture a little of how life is lived in Mumbai we would highly recommend this tour. And the snacks were excellent.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank James L

• Thai first
Perth
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Hugely successful trip to India”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

I recently travelled to India to purchase fabrics and have curtains made for our new home. I used the services of Mumbai Magic to assist with custom tours providing a guide and driver to shops and make arrangements for curtains to be made. The entire trip went extremely smoothly and the services of Deepa and her team went beyond the call of duty, making the trip not only extremely enjoyable but also incredibly successfull. I can’t thank Deepa and her team enough for their time and assistance – it really was most invaluable and contributed hugely to the success of the trip.

All the tours were of extremely high quality. The Mumbai Local tour guide was a young teenage girl who was very knowledgeable and the morning was great fun – it was fascinating to learn about her life. For me, travel is as much about the people as the places. JP in Varanasi was also extremely knowledgeable and the experience of Varanasi is something I shall never forget.

I have absolutely no reservation in recommending Mumbai Magic to anyone who wishes to travel to India and I certainly hope I have cause to return to India again in the near future. It’s a magical place.

3 Thank veraison
San Jose, California
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Back for more!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

Fresh off a walking tour in Pune, I signed up for an evening walk in Mumbai prior to my return flight home.

My Pune-based driver was unfamiliar with Mumbai yet my guide gave him clear directions on where to meet her and how to proceed on our tour. (I think my driver enjoyed the tour almost as much as I did.)

Her meeting location was well thought out. Most people know the location so it is easy to ask directions. Also, there are clean restrooms available which I greatly appreciated after having come from Pune and being stuck in Mumbai traffic.

I really wanted to get out and walk prior to my long flight home, and she was very accomodating. She put together a wonderful mix of locations connected by short car rides. I loved it.

As we walked I was approached by a young man striving to sell a homemade drum he had made. I thought it would be ideal for my daughter yet it was too large to fit in my backpack. My guide had the right attitude in how to handle him. If he got too agressive to the point I wasn't having fun the would tell him to back off, but as long as I was interested then the negotiations were up to me to work through. Finally the seller understood my requirement and left... only to return a few blocks later with a modified drum which was just the right size. He worked hard to make this sale. My daughter loves the drum and I have a nice story to tell regarding its purchase.

Another concern of mine was that I needed dinner before my 1:00 AM flight. She suggested Gaylords in south gate, a wonderful classic restaurant with and option for outdoor seating.

Deepa's magic tours are a fantastic service which I recommend highly.

Visited February 2013
2 Thank Plasmapuppy
Ballwin, Missouri
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Excellent Day Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

We were a group of 10 traveling on a cruise ship with a two day stop in Mumbai. We were provided with a bus and tour guide that spoke excellent English. The first day included a delicious Indian meal (vegetarian) which gave a sample of various dishes. The second day, we opted to end early and skip lunch due to the ship schedule. Do contact Deepa if you will be in Mumbai and need a professional guided tour.

3 Thank Eiss
Stuttgart, Germany
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Mumbai at its best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

We spent two day in Mumbai while on a cruise. The best decision was to book with Mumbai Magic. Deepa is answering quickly and very reliable. We spent these two days with Freni who is a very nice and knowledgeable lady guide. We were a group of Germans and her German is excellent. She knows everything about Mumbai and has so interesting stories to tell. We saw so many things, like fish market, Dhobi Ghat, Kanheri Caves - just everything you can see in two days. It was wonderful. We went to two good restaurants for lunch. The food was excellent at both restaurants. A guy in our group wanted to know about trains - she even knew the times and station/stops of a train going to Bandra. I can abolutely recommend booking Mumbai Magic - ask for Freni - she is excellent!

3 Thank Elke R