“Made me fall in love with me city once again”

Old Mumbai Bicycle Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Woodside Inn's "Old Mumbai Bicycle Tour" is back after a brief break for the monsoon!Ride into the past as we take you through some of Mumbai's most enduring landmarks and end with a sumptuous breakfast at Woodside Inn. The tour costs Rs. 1350 per person and includes a tour conductor, a bicycle, refreshments at an Irani cafe and breakfast at Woodside Inn.FOR BOOKINGS, PLEASE CALL 022-22875752 BETWEEN 10AM AND 6PM FROM MONDAY TO SATURDAYS. Please book at your earliest since there are only limites seats (12) available for every tour. The tour occurs EVERY Sunday.
Useful Information: Lockers / storage, Activities for older children
mumbai
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Made me fall in love with me city once again”
Reviewed April 12, 2011

When you've lived in a city all your life you sometimes don't bother to notice the little things that ar beautiful and that would stand out in the eyes of a visitor. So when I went for Woodside Inn's bicycle tour as a friend was visiting, I didnt expect to really see anything new and I just went along for the cycling.
I was wrong. I learnt so much about my city with the knowledgeable and enthusiastic guide, and I was marvelling at the beautiful old buildings probably as much or more than the tourists on the tour. I was a great feeling to be out and about on Sunday morning on a cycle, and it was really nice to appreciate Mumbai in all her glory.
The breakfast at Woodside in was the icing on the cake.
A lovely idea, a perfect way to spend a Sunday morning, for visitors and locals alike!

Visited March 2011
1 Thank aloka7

Mumbai, India
“Reliving the grand old city”
Reviewed April 11, 2011

Everyone wants to live in Bombay, and everyone who lives in Bombay wants to live in South Bombay. The Old Mumbai Bicycle Tour shows you why... I'll admit I wasn't looking forward to it, since cycling about at 7 a.m. on a Sunday morning, when I've probably been asleep for an hour or two, is not something I'm particularly fond of. Add to that the fact that I've lived in Bombay all my life, and didn't see the intrinsic value of going on this tour...

I'm glad to say I was proven wrong - the Old Mumbai Bicycle Tour was definitely worth the sleep deficit. It concentrates itself mostly to places of significance in and around Bombay's historic Fort district, places that I've seen a thousand times but actually knew nothing about, e.g. Horniman Circle, the origins of the BSE, Kala Ghoda to name a few. This is followed by a sumptuous breakfast to round off your morning and satiating whatever hunger pangs you might have.

I might add that the bicycle tour isn't strenuous in the least - the distances are relatively small and are covered practically effortlessly. his may come as a disappointment to people seeking a more active tour, but I wouldn't blame this on anyone... the primary aim of the tour is really to learn more about Old Mumbai, and there are many stops on the way.

This aim is well fulfilled too. Kudos to Woodside Inn for coming up with an idea this novel; highly recommended for both natives and newbies to this crazy metropolis.

Visited May 2010
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great "Cityfeel" tour”
Reviewed April 11, 2011

A great way to experience the city's monuments and learn about their history. Friendly and knowledgeable guide, group optimal size (9-14 people) and followed by a great brunch at Woodside Inn. Being such a hectic city, the bicycle tour is probably the best way to experience the history of Mumbai, rather from a backseat of a taxi or riksha. The highlight of the tour for me was the stop at the old heritage iranian bakery for "maska chai". If you are an expat in Mumbai, it is definitely a good way to meet new people or for backpacktravellers to share your India experience with others.

Visited April 2011