“Very Disappointing stay must say”

Hotel Sapphire Residency
Hotel Sapphire Residency
Ranked #233 of 622 Specialty Lodging in Mumbai
Reviewed May 20, 2012

Very Bad hotel, Don't go there. What is written and what they provide there is hell lot of difference.
When I was staying there then there AC was not working properly, When I complained about that then they said that we will repair it but they didn't do that.

They even don't care about customer what are the requirements of the customer. They charge you for a normal water also. Their service is very poor and they are the people who always believe in cheating. I will recommend to cleartrip that please don't put this type of hotel facility here.

They mentioned about the so called complimentary breakfast. But when I ordered breakfast then they gave some 2 or 3 Breads without any tea or coffee. Don't go there I must say.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ankit s

Reviewed May 20, 2012

I booked this hotel through a well known online Hotel booking site. Budget was a constraint for me and so after booking online for 3 days and paying 4950/- I thought that I grabbed a good deal.However, the nightmare started after I reached the hotel.Locating the hotel itself was a big deal. I passed through this hotel 2 times in Auto, before locating it in the 3rd attempt. The hotel entrance can easily be mistaken for a small hair cutting saloon.Infact the Autowala who dropped me at this hotel was also laughing and advised me to be careful with such locations.
Upon entering, I found two hotel staff at the reception - a man and a lady. They hardly showed any courtesy. The guy was busy with his facebook browsing and paid little attention. The corridor and room were highly cramped. It was afternoon and Hotel Staff were simply sleeping on the corridors. Seeing us, they got up and put on their shirts.My wife felt immediately horrified as there were many guys/staff and all looking shabby and goons.
We went inside room and were not surprised to see that the A/C remote control was not working. The A/c could run but you can't control the temperature. The staff whom I called for help told me that "sir thanda to kar raha hai na. temprature control ki kya jaroorat hai". One of the walls had plaster peeled off and the white towel was totally pale colored.I asked one of the attendant whether the hotel has Wi-Fi and he gave me a blank look. He was unaware what Wi-Fi is. So I think you can make out how educated these guys were.My wife was feeling highly insecure in such environment.
After two hours of our stay we checked out, foregoing 4950/-, the upfront amount that we paid.When we were checking out, the guy/lady at the reception did not show much surprise on why we are checking out. It seems they are familiar to such acts of their customers.

The Only USP: this hotel is CHEAP-both moneywise and otherwise.

I would be pasting this review on other travel site as well.

Room Tip: I PAID 4950/- for 3 days and checked out after 2 hours. Did not get no refund. So you decide whether...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank bikervivek
Reviewed March 28, 2012

A little out of the way but easy enough to use the train to get to places, very clean with free wifi and free computer to use the internet plus lounge to socialise in and meet other travelers,hey are a very good , clean and well placed Hotel (2km from airport) it is such a secure place to stay in Mumbai..the staff is very friendly and helping. Thank you Sapphire family

Room Tip: This hotel is out said is not good but in said hotel is very good cleanliness & fast service,the...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank nimratha
Reviewed February 2, 2012

very good hotel,good cleanliness, staff are friendly , receptionist helpful girl & friendly also she is really vey good.

Room Tip: all rooms are very good But 1st floor rooms no mobile net work
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank mamta_gowda
Reviewed January 22, 2012

The hotel where I had prepaid a room had oversold its inventory and shoved me off to this place. It was late at night and I didn't have a choice.

This should not be considered a hotel, it is a flop-house. It's clean enough but waaaay down the value chain. Bedcovers with cigarette burns, incredibly tiny bathroom where you can touch all four walls as soon as you walk in. I didn't dare try the food, if they even have any.

For what it is, I'm surprised it does enough business that there are this many reviews here.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank PickNitter
Reviewed December 20, 2011

I had booked it for family friend who wanted a cheap hotel. Got a good deal however this is in a slum. Too cramped up and shady entry, once you walk in it ok however could hear rats running on the roof. If just want sleep for the night the cheapest option. Its not a building.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Cletus D
Reviewed December 12, 2011

The hotel is a decent budget hotel , gives you free one way pickup to airport/railway station.
please only visit if you have enough tolerance for nearby locations (there is a bar adjacent to the hotel) or other stuff.
We stayed due to decent rooms, tariff suiting the budget and proximity to the airport.
There are no lunch / dinner providing services except for basic amenities.
On the whole, I have stayed there twice in last 4months, so it fulfills my purpose of staying in Mumbai.2.5 ratings out of 5.

Room Tip: Please choose the rooms that are on the 1st floor, they are more spacious than corner most rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple