Ways to Experience Reality Tours and Travel
from $26.00
from $26.00
from $19.00
1,943 results
All reviews dharavi tour street food tour eye opening public transport tour community center village tour night tour slum life money goes an eye opener slum dwellers excellent tour real india meeting point small group local transport answered all our questions
Reviewed yesterday via mobile

My wife and I took their Markets and Temples tour and the next day I went on their Public Transport Tour.

Both had wonderfully informative local guides you managed to guide our parties around the fabulously chaotic place that is Mumbai.

The tours were fairly active and may not suit older and more infirm travellers.

The tours were very reasonably priced and it's good know that a high proportion of their profits are plowed back into community projects.

Reviewed 3 days ago

we were two adults and three children, ages 6, 7 and 11. our original plan was to do just the fishermen tour but we trusted our wonderful guide that the slum tour he will take us is suitable for the children (three girls, in our case). it was by far an exceptional experience for all of us, ESAPECIALLY the girls. we entered a small hidden siden alley, where everyone who lives there works in "shoemaking". children of all ages are out there, happy to see visitors and other children. happy to take pictures with us, communicate with the children etc. pratik, our guide know every tiny alley, gave us as much time as we wanted. he has a lot of knowledge and in excellent english answer every question you ask. we then went to a fishermen village, walked through it all the way to the water to watch a beautiful sunset and see the fishermen at the end of the day, preparing their nets for the next day. a tour always depends on the guide. it is so true. therefore, i highly recommend - if you want a tour in mumbai, any tour, contact pratik. his email is: roadtripek@gmail.com. his telephone number is: +91 9764179108.

Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

I literally booked the walking tour 2 1/2 hours before the event: the lady on the phone was friendly and efficient and promptly sent me a confirmation email with the details. My guide, Nano, was at our meeting point when I arrived, and was from beginning to finish a 5-star guide - 3 hours flew by, while walking the history-laden streets of Old Mumbai, which came alive as Nano shared interesting facts and fun vignets about the sites we visited, the city, India, Reality Tours and himself; I was sad for the tour to end! My compliments to Nano, who was courteous, friendly, extremely knowledgeable and entertaining, I highly recommend him! He told me Reality Tours was the first to organized responsible slum tours and also donates 80% of its profits to charity - so I’m happy to have supported this agency and will definitely book the Dharavi tour next time I’m in town. Wishing Reality Tours, Nano and his colleagues much success!

Reviewed 5 days ago

Thank you Vishal for an awesome tour of Dharvari. The tour was extremely informative. I was very worried about being exploitative, but the tour did not make me feel this way at all. 80% of the proceeds from Reality Tours and Travel get put back in to the community, for education, teaching English, etc. It was a great learning experience. Our guide Vishal was great!

1  Thank emiliahennig
Reviewed 6 days ago

My tour was supposed to contain 6 people, but the group of 5 did not show up, so I was given a private tour. My guide, Bipin, was excellent. He took me through all of the markets, describing everything in interesting detail. He knew the history and significance of each market. His English was excellent. I had mentioned that I was looking for a thali set (for Indian cooking) but that I didn't know where to get one or how much to pay, and he took me to a section in the market where they sold cookware and utensils, and when I saw a set that I liked, he did the negotiating for me in Hindi, getting me an excellent price. I enjoyed the tour very much and would recommend it to anyone coming to Mumbai.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

good to get a general idea of the living conditions in the slums. However, the slum tour is a sterilized version of what exists. Also, you will get no opportunities to talk to any people--it almost seems like those people on the tour path have been discouraged to interact with those on the tour. Lastly, I am skeptical of the organization's claims that they provide support to the community. We did go to a room where activities occur, but there were no people there My Friend in delhi Raj from Private car and driver in india suggests this trip its was great.

1  Thank Intoxicater M
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

It is really a good tour. Our guide explains everything nicely and it was such an eye opener for us. The tour lasted around 2 and a half hours. Bring plenty of water during the trip as well.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Reality Tours includes an amazing group of people who have come together to help the community in Dharavi. They did a great job of being culturally sensitive while we were on the tour. They have other programs for the community other than taking tourists or locals on a tour. I learned a lot during my trip. I was on a school trip with kids and we felt safe the whole time we wandered through the alleys.

1  Thank IndraniC42
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Highly recommended. Very interesting and our guide Simran was very knowledgeable! 80% of Your payment for the tour will also be fed back into the community and their current education Programm that is being run within Dharavi. Got for it.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Interesting tour. We did the tour Dharavi tour together with the sightseeing. Very good and lot of information shared. Guide took good care of us with coffee and lunch breaks in between

1  Thank Andi J