“Awesome Experience!”

Svenska Design Hotel, Mumbai (Bombay)
Ranked #36 of 463 Hotels in Mumbai
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I was in Mumbai for 3 days and I would say this has by far been the best choice in hotels i have made.The check in was easy and fast and,excellent service.I got to the room and it was like walking into a mini mansion(for me anyways).I dont believe I have slept in such a comfy bed before.The room was very spacious and very clean.The morning breakfast buffet was great,the chef was prepared to cook whatever we wanted although the second day was the same thing,it was a bit boring.the best part was the free Wi-Fi ,it was very fast.The hotel housekeeping was very friendly and efficient.the hotel staff was well informed of the surrounding areas and was able to provide good directions.All in all I would definitely go back :)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Svenska is a lovely (and not too expensive) boutique hotel in Bombay. The rooms are spacious and tastefully done. I felt very comfortable staying alone; the staff is quite friendly. The breakfast buffet was average. I didn't get a chance to try their award winning restaurant though.

Inclusive in the room rate is a complementary head / foot massage. How awesome is that? And an Xbox or iPad can be rented during the stay. Wifi is complimentary and high speed. The location is pretty central.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I had stayed there with my wife for 3 days last October. It was for my wedding. The service, the room decoration, the food everything was great. The room was decorated in a very beautiful way. The staff were very courteous. Would love to stay at this place again during my next visit to Bombay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Our stay to celebrate my friends surprised bday party was amazing. We had a great time and would specially like to thank and mention, front office manager Sujit nair for his kind attention and superb service. Also a mention for our butler Manish, server zishan Ali and receptionist Ashwini.. All in all it was an experience that will not be easily forgotten. Kudos to Sujit and his entire team!!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 2, 2013

I went to India on a short visit and chose this hotel from booking.com after seeing the great online special they had. I really enjoyed my stay there. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They went out their way to make me feel welcome. The complementary ipad, games and other facilities they offer was really great and made them one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at. (and I have traveled quite extensively) The food at the Mideranean Restaurant is highly recommended. It was fantastic. I would highly reccomend them for both families and singles. They are located in a great area, easy access to a mall nearby. Easy to get transportation from. the rooms was clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 23, 2013

What an amazing hotel with a wonderful hospitality. The staff especially Sujit ( Duty Manager) and housekeeping staff members made our stay every worth the penny. Room service is available all through the night and when we ordered some snacks at 3 oclock in the morning, they were bought to our room with a friendly smile. The rooms are luxuriously spacious and contemporary with an air of international design and decor and very clean too. Rupa the General Manager, and Swati were very helpful. The breakfast was ok, not much variety but sufficient enough. This part of the area definitely needs refurbishing! This hotel is suitable for all ages.I would recommend everyone and anyone to stay here for a very pleasant and memorable holiday.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I got an excellent deal for a weekend at Svenska and I have absolutely no regrets. I decided to book a room after talking to several hotels in Mumbai, and shortlisted Svenska because of the the warmth with which Ayesha Mueed (coordinator) and the hotel team comprising of Ashwini and Swati interacted with me. They helped me organise a surprise for my fiancee's birthday, and carried out the entire plan perfectly, much to my delight. For a very reasonable price (for a five-star, that is!), I enjoyed my weekend, with complementary in-room spa services, wi-fi, enterntainment (DVDs, wii games, DJ nights at Miro lounge) and breakfast. The breakfast in particular is worth a dekko even if you're not planning to stay at the hotel.The hotel is centrally located and well-connected. We were able to travel to Juhu beach and to nearby movie theaters without any hassle at all.
The interiors are subtle and elegant, and the standards of hygiene are high. They have an added personal touch with books along shelves in the corridor, and books in each room, which my fiancee really enjoyed.
The best thing about this hotel is that it is quiet and private, without the usual hustle and bustle of a five-star hotel. The staff is always friendly and helpful. For instance, I called the main desk from the room well past 10 p.m. for a technical problem with the television, and within a few minutes an engineer came to the room and took care of the matter. I was very impressed by the promptness of their sevice.
If I am ever in Mumbai for business or personal work, I look forward to staying here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple