“"Svenska a blend of luxury and comfort"”

Svenska Design Hotel, Mumbai (Bombay)
Ranked #35 of 461 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I truly appreciate the elegant taste that has made your 'Svenska' a dream home for us . Svenska a blend of luxury and comfort. An aesthetic bend of mind is reflected in the splendid ambience . A memorable stay that will freeze into our memory for eternity .My room was spacious, modern and spotlessly clean. Mr Sujit Nair ( Duty Manager ) deserves our whole hearted thanks and appreciation for his efforts which helped our stay to be memorable forever. A special thanks to all from Svenska who made our stay enjoyable and make us feel special .

Room Tip: I was in the Deluxe room and it was gr8 to stay in that room arranged by Mr Sujit Nair .A special th...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vicky009_13

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This is my second time I have stayed the Svenska and my 3rd time in India, I truly love the culture and the people here it’s all just amazing. I got them to pick me up from the airport and upon arrival to the hotel was greeted with smiling friendly staff that were extremely efficient. My room was spacious, modern and spotlessly clean. My stay included a massage which I have to say was amazing and I would recommend to anyone staying here should try. Food was excellent and I took full use of the offsite fitness centre, just a shame its offsite but only just.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Carl J
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I enjoyed a few days at Svenska in December 2012 and as a regular visitor to India am thrilled to have discovered this hidden gem! The room was spacious, very clean and had excellent linen and toweling. The flat screen tv was large and well positioned and the wifi a dream! Service was the highlight as Svenska in particular provided by Mr Sujit who oversaw my stay and made sure I had access not only to hotel amenities like transport, food and housekeeping but also found me a suitable tailor from the local mall who was an excellent recommendation and provided me an excellent product at a fair price. Arbitha was also very helpful and responsive on the front desk. Svenska is excellent value for money.

Room Tip: Ask for Mr Sujit and he will ensure you have the best room available on your budget
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Tammy F
Reviewed January 19, 2013

This place is pricey, but a great experience. The service is great and breakfast is tasty. The sunset terrace restaurant above the dome is well worth visiting for the impeccable views of the bombay. This was one of the most visually stunning hotels i had ever stayed at from the hotel itself, through to the decor. I bit energy with the DJ honestly I never thought to see this kind of DJ in 5 star hotel. The rooms are very modern and look like in an international luxury hotel. The service is perfect, lots of complimentary things including juices, coffee, cookies, and chocolates. The pool is lovely, the spa is relaxing, the food is excellent and so is the dining.
I stayed on an upper level with a balcony- very spacious bedroom and dressing room as well as bathroom. Very clean and comfortable, hot water and air con. worked well, beautiful decor, . The pool was clear and a delight to swim in after a day out. Staff like Hitesh and Amit go the extra mile to make dining a Happy experience. This is a place worth returning to even for gastronomic reasons too.
i had stayed at hotels of this quality before, but none rival this place. At the last have only two words “paisa vasool”

Room Tip: top floor suite are the best
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 15, 2013

We weren't sure if we could afford a nice hotel, then we saw Svenska offered several discounts on their website. We were glad we checked! Not only was the hotel within our price range, it was nicer and more beautiful than we ever could have imagined. And the gourmet food was to die for. We stayed at the Svenska Mumbai and were walking distance from a bunch of restaurants and shops. We'll definitely be back!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel for 2 weeks. I have been to India a couple of times and I always love to travel Asian countries. My experience which I am about to share regarding this hotel was very good. I have received a warm welcome with smiley faces. I have stay in luxury suite which was approx. $220 a night and they rates are fare according to their level of service.
My room was good and PS3 there helped me very much to get my brain occupied for some time. Room was clean and updated. As I am a vegetarian and I like their vegetarian food and always told them that my order will be without spices and I always got it well prepared. Room service is not so quick but is fair. I was always pleased to see the smiley faces of the butlers and bell boys.
My compliments to the chef for preparing good food, Vivek/Suraj for always helping me out because I always travel with a lot of stuff and needs someone to carry my bags from the hotel to the Car. I like the location and was really great. The only issue I have faced was the transportation for the first two days then the Hotel manager Mr. Zia took care of it.
Thank you for the pleasant stay and definitely whenever I will visit Mumbai this is the place where I will go first.

Room Tip: You will face transportation issues so always ask the manager to arrange a transport for you 1 hour...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Theodora S
Reviewed January 10, 2013

This hotel was a pleasant surprise. It was decently priced for everything that we received. Our hotel package included a 30 minute in-room massage, breakfast buffet, pick-up/drop-off from airport, sight-seeing driver, and passes to an off-site fitness center (which was quite nice). We cannot stress how accommodating this hotel is. Everyone is extremely helpful and genuinely want you to have a good stay. Other than the usual in-room dining and laundry service, they also offer iPads that they can bring to your room for free internet access and plenty of English/American TV channels. The general ambience of the hotel is very modern and trendy. The rooms are very spacious and equipped with all-in-one console that controls all the lights & A/C. The bathrooms have endless amounts of hot water and great water pressure (something we found as a great luxury during our stay in India). The chef was amazing at preparing a Thai and Italian dish we ordered. There were a couple inconveniences during our 3-night stay: maintenance people came to our room to change the A/C filter (while we were in the room), our toilet had to be fixed b/c the water wouldn't stop running, and the lobby/lounge-area music can get a little loud and obnoxious after a while b/c they kept playing club-like electronic music. Overall, we would still recommend this hotel to our friends b/c of the exceptional people who work there. Examples of them going above and beyond: they allowed us to check out a night early when we were attempting to get on an earlier flight; when that didn't pan out, they checked us in again under the same package; they offered me headache meds when I needed it; they also allowed us to shower in one of their rooms AFTER checking out b/c our 18-hour flight didn't depart until 2AM.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple