“Very Pleasant Stay”

Courtyard by Marriott Mumbai International Airport
Ranked #12 of 463 Hotels in Mumbai
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Stayed at the hotel for a day and used the room only to get some much needed rest. Found the staff very courteous and eager to please. The room was clean, spacious and comfortable. Would not have expected any different as the hotel is relatively new (less than 3 yrs old). The bathroom was clean and the rain shower was a godsend. Felt truly refreshed after using it. In the afternoon, there was some maintenance activity with a lot of noise in the adjoining room and when I contacted the reception, it was immediately taken care of. The duty manager offered to send up some tea and cookies to apologize for the disturbance, which I declined. Hotel location is convenient but the approach from the expressway seems messy due to construction activity (which will continue for atleast another year!!). The breakfast buffet was excellent and the service even better. Full marks for service and hospitality, room tariffs are a bit expensive, but that's not uncommon in Mumbai.All in all, a very pleasant stay and I will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
CourtyardMumbai, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Mumbai International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time out to write an amazing feedback on Trip Advisor. I am glad to note that you enjoyed your stay. The team is thrilled to note that you like their services. We look forward to serve you again!

Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

It was my business visit to Mumbai and this time we thought of giving chance to this Hotel instead of Trident BKC. I would say that the property is new & good with quiet decent rooms. But I was very disappointed by the service and would rather say that it didnt match Marriott brand name. At the time of Check In the front desk was totally confused & tried hard to find our details after our confirmed booking.I had to open my laptop and provide him the booking details. People our not even bothered to attend and you need to find your own way to locate lifts & rooms. Morning breakfast had the same view, the staff was unable to attend the guests properly..I was highly disappointed and the service didnt meet our expectations.

• Stayed: January 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for considering our hotel for your stay in Mumbai. I am glad to note that you liked our rooms. I am disappointed to note that your expectations were not met. I have shared your feedback with the relevant team and assure you of a better experience on your next visit. We look forward to serve you again!

Reviewed January 4, 2013

All around this hotel there are road-works due to the new airport, so the atmosphere is not very nice (but in India it's ok!).
The hotel deserves the number of stars. The room was nicely decorated, but the bathroom was not equal. Great breakfast, not so good for dinner: in a hotel very close to the international airport should be served at all times.
I will return!

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms on the lower floors.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for considering our hotel for your stay in Mumbai. I am glad to note that you liked your room and our breakfast spread. I am disappointed to know that your expectations were not met. The city is developing and we regret the inconvenience caused due to the construction near the roads. I have shared your feedback with the relevant teams and assure you of a better experience on your next visit. We look forward to serve you again!

Reviewed January 3, 2013

This being my first time to India, it was certainly a pleasant one. Upon arrival, I was surprised that the hotel security was stricter than an airport's (to which they explained it was due to a past bombing incident in another hotel).However, I must say that the staff of this hotel displayed excellent hospitality. Everyone, from the security personnel to the concierge staff were very welcoming and friendly. Special efforts were taken to make me feel welcomed and they persistently refused to let me do anything myself like opening doors, pressing lifts or even holding my handbag!
Was quite pleased with the room as it was adequately comfortable and spacious, however the view from the room was not particularly pleasant but that did not bother me at all. I had free internet access with good speed in my room thanks to my Marriott Rewards membership. The hotel was nicely decorated with a grand lobby. There was a wedding event hosted in the courtyard that evening, and it was really beautifully decorated. The hotel was quite near to the airport, but the area where it was situated seemed a little dodgy and messy, thus preventing me from venturing out of the hotel to explore the area .

As I was feeling a little tired and preferred to have my dinner in my room, I ordered room service but there was a mix up regarding my order and I felt rather disappointed that I was not able to get the meal that I asked for. And once again, the hotel staff displayed superb hospitality by rectifying my meal order, throwing in a couple of complimentary dishes like soup and dinner rolls in case I was hungry while waiting for my correct order. In fact, the manager himself delivered my meal to my room himself, and made sure that I was perfectly happy before declaring that the entire meal was FOC.
Breakfast buffet spread was good and reasonably priced, and somehow the waiters kept bringing different dishes over to my table to recommend to me to try. Tasted not bad at all.

Overall, a really pleasant stay and I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who's looking for a quick transit or a business trip.

Only downside is the airport-hotel transfer. I took an airport taxi to get to the hotel and was charged 200 rupees (USD 3) but my transfer from the hotel to the airport via the hotel limo cost 27USD (1500 rupees). Was a little surprising for me as other airport hotels that I've stayed in provided their own shuttle transfer to/from the airport. Would give a perfect score for this hotel if it were to provide free shuttle transfer to/from the airport.

Room Tip: Choose rooms facing away from slum area.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
CourtyardMumbai, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Mumbai International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a pleasant review about our hotel on Trip Advisor. I am glad to note that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. The team is thrilled to note that you liked their services. I have shared your feedback with the relevant team and assure you of a better experience on your next visit. We look forward to serve you again!

Reviewed January 1, 2013

I stayed in the hotel for two nights along with friends, the not so good experiences started from the time I entered the Hotel...

At the entry gate I was asked to wait as the checking counter was busy, although I could see one of the associates was free at the desk, Than the counter got completely empty of any guest and still the lady who made me wait did not bother to ask me to come and check-in, I myself walked over and felt very unwelcome, at the desk as the person had a very straight face without any hint of smile or a welcoming attitude, They had a jug of welcome drink on the check-in counter which was not even offered to us, I think it was just kept as a show-piece or something...

The Room was good, but the view was bad, with slums and construction sites around the place. As we reached the hotel around 3pm after a long drive, we ordered food in the roome it self and retired for a nap. WHile leaving in the evening around 5:30pm, we left the card to clear the room, but to our utter surprise when we got back after midnight the room was in the same shape as we left with the food plates inside and everything. To top it the excuse that no one noticed the "clean my room" tag is impossible as when we returned we saw a note against the door, about a party being held and the hotel is sorry for loud music which would be on till midnight.

Thn came the "At your Service" desk, I was having a severe backache, and called to ask if a pain relief spray can be arranged, the person at the other end directly said would you like to purchase one, this came as pretty unwelcoming again, but I said ok. but even after waiting for an hour I never got the spray or any call as was promised by the person.

The sleep quality is also not great and one of the pillow covers had black spots on it as if not washed properly, but as it was already 2:00am and I was in pain(as mentioned above) I thought of discarding the particular pillow and retire for a sleep.

I have stayed in Marriott and Courtyard by Marriott before and thus selected the same based on my previous experiences only. But was very highly disappointed by what I got in the whole deal and would suggest you to refrain from the property if possible.

This is one of the few occasions when I am out-rightly striking of a Hotel from my list

Room Tip: No idea, but ask for a room without the view of slums if possible
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
CourtyardMumbai, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Mumbai International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for considering Courtyard by Marriott, Mumbai International Airport for your stay in Mumbai. We appreciate you taking time out to share with us your experience while at our hotel. I have shared your valuable feedback with the relevant teams to assure you of a better experience the next time. Please do not allow this experience to otherwise mar the favorable impression of the hotel. We sincerely await the opportunity to welcome you once again. Please do not hesitate to contact me in case you require any assistance from me.

Gautam Bhandari

Reviewed December 31, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for one night and overall it was a nice experience. We had been there to see off my brother in law. The hotel reception staff was nice and considerate enough to accommodate all of us. The staff in general was very polite and helpful.

The valet and concierge services were really nice and helpful. The Hotel is not very from the airport and thus was convenient.

The room was nice, clean and spacious. The bathroom was also decent and shower was really very nice.

The cons were minor and easily ignore able. The room service was a bit slow. The room didnt have basic things like shaving kit, dental kits etc. which would have been nice to have.

All in all, a pleasant experience and definitely recommendable to anyone looking for a place near the airport.

• Stayed: December 2012
CourtyardMumbai, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Mumbai International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank for taking time out to write a pleasant review about our hotel on Trip advisor. I am delighted to note that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. The Valet and Concierge teams are thrilled to note that you liked their services . I have shared your valuable feedback with the relevant teams to assure you of a better experience the next time. We look forward to serve you again! We wish you a happy and refreshing 2013!

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Great hotel with excellent ambiance. Restaurant was very good. Only two problems - one in hotel control. The location of and approach to the hotel are a little dicey but once you get inside the hotel you do not remember the outside. I really appreciate the detail to security. With respect to service excellent until the time I had to get someone from the concierge to get bags from my room. I had to call three times over 30 minutes and then physically go up to them to remind - they had forgotten. But all in all an excellent experience and I wi definitely stay there again if I get a chance.

• Stayed: November 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank for writing a wonderful review about our hotel on Trip advisor. I am glad to note that you liked the ambience of our hotel. Your appreciation for the hotel security has strongly motivated the Loss Prevention Team. I have shared your valuable feedback with the relevant teams to assure you of a better experience the next time. We look forward to serve you again!