“Great business hotel to stay in Mumbai”

Courtyard by Marriott Mumbai International Airport
Ranked #13 of 453 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Reviewed December 30, 2012

The Courtyard Marriott Mumbai is a great place to stay for business travelers. The rooms are large and comfortable. In room dining is great. The breakfast spread is great and the newly introduced Thai menu is worth a try.

But what sets this hotel apart from a lot of others is the very helpful staff and amazing customer service that flows right from the front desk all the way to each and every department of the hotel that you will ever interact with.

Room Tip: I always prefer the rooms facing the pool.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
CourtyardMumbai, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Mumbai International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank for taking time out to write a pleasant review about our hotel on Trip advisor. I am delighted to note that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. The team is strongly motivated by your comments. We look forward to serve you better! Have a refreshing 2013!

Namit Vijh

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Checking in after getting off a grueling 16 hour flight from New York, I had to make sure that I was not hallucinating. Given the US Courtyard brand experience i have been conditioned for years, it is extremely difficult to shake off pre-concieved notions. This is not your basic Courtyard hotel. This is a full service property that beats any experience I have ever had in any of the US Marriott hotels (JWs included) hands down. Arriving late in the evening, I arranged for airport pick-up. Upon arrival at the hotel, I was escorted up to my suite (an upgrade) where check-in formalities were completed. I have never experienced this courtesy as a Marriott Rewards gold member in any of Marriott properties in the US.

Busy in to the night, the hotel's full service restaurant and bar have great vegetarian and non-vegetarian selections. Entrees and appetizersrange from Asian to Western selections. Breakfast buffet is likewise a rich spread of continental, American and Asian fare.

Hotel front office staff were very professional, personable, spoke flawless English and were very helpful when requested for information. If my trip to Mumbai calls for me to be in the vicinity of the Mumbai airport (BOM), I will not hesitate to return to this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank AlinDenver
CourtyardMumbai, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Mumbai International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the amazing review. Your review has indeed refreshed our day. The team is thrilled to know that you liked the hotel. Your appreciation has strongly motivated the front office team. We look forward to serve you again!

Reviewed December 26, 2012

After a domestic flight in to Mumbai and with the prospect of an early international flight the next day, I made the decision to stay at the airport Marriott hotel. They sent a car to collect me from the airport and the arrival went smoothly. Then the over zealous security team took over. Firstly, they X-ray all of your bags....ok no problem I guess. Then there is a personal 'pat down'.... Hmmm starting to get uncomfortable. Then I was escorted to the check in desk where I began the registration formalities. Whereupon a rather gruff security person demanded that I open my suitcase in the hotel lobby so that he could search it! At this point I objected and pointed out that I had not flown in from Pakstan (the alleged source of the security threat) nor did I have any immigration stamps in my passport from Pakistan (which he was holding and could verify). I also pointed out that I had just got off a flight and that the security seals on my baggage were in tact.... Meaning.... It's been screened by people with arguably better equipment and training and they didn't have an issue with my bag. Finally, I pointed out that I was a corporate traveller from a large company and that my booking had been made by the corporate travel agent. He was in possession of my business card which they requested at check in. The response was a flat "no", a repeated demand to search my bags or I would not be permitted a room.

I called the hailed a taxi to the Hilton at the airport.... Also an American owned hotel... Operating under the same security conditions. The check in was wonderful, as was the room. And the staff? They clearly exhibit common sense and do not apply the same ridiculous security procedures to all guests. This was total overkill and a complete failure to use a risk based approach to security management. Such an approach makes actually makes the hotel less safe because time is wasted needlessly harassing genuine hotel guests instead of being focused on the actual threat.

I realise that there is a balance to be struck between customer service and security. But these guys have gone way over the top and it is an awful experience to have to suffer. Especially late at night!

If you want a nice, clean secure hotel at Mumbai Airport.... Stay at the Hilton!

Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank PeteHazlewood
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Clean luxury rooms and great hotel amenities. Very friendly staff and great service. Security measures are a bit cumbersome, as in all upmarket Mumbai hotels. Breakfast was good and offered a variety of choices. No mosquitoes.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
CourtyardMumbai, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Mumbai International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time out to write a wonderful review on Trip advisor. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. I do understand that the security procedure is cumbersome and truly appreciate your patience for the same. We look forward to serve you again!

Reviewed December 21, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on 2 occasions and this hotel is conveniently located near International Airport in Mumbai.
We were travelling in India for holiday and the location of this hotel was convenient for us.
I have to say that I was very pleased with the service provided by all the staff of this hotel. The best staffs were the front desk and the concierge, Thank you Noel for storing our luggage for us in the store room for a couple of days.
The room was clean, spacious and comfortable.
We will definitely stay here when we next visit Mumbai.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Yash2000
CourtyardMumbai, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Mumbai International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time out to write an amazing feedback on Trip advisor. I am glad to note that you enjoyed both your stays at the hotel. The Team is thrilled to note that you liked their services. They are strongly motivated by your review. We look forward to serve you again!

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Very clean, beautiful room with excellent facilities. Buffet breakfast had an enormous variety (including soy milk!) and was great tasting. Wifi works well in rooms. Negatives - minibar and pickup/dropoff airport service very overpriced. 1600rp each way to airport even though only 15min drive and something like 4km.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Maria N
CourtyardMumbai, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Mumbai International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time out to write a wonderful review on Trip advisor. I am delighted to know that you enjoyed the breakfast spread. I do understand your disappointment with the airport transfer rates. However, the hotel car rates are decided by keeping in mind the services offered at hotels of the same stature. The hotel concierge can also provide airport drops through local taxis, which can be arranged for at any given point of time.
We look forward to serve you again! Have a refreshing 2013!

Namit Vijh

Reviewed December 20, 2012

It's really the staff at this hotel that have made it so outstanding and a pleasure to stay at. Everyone, whether it be the reception staff or the restaurant's waiters have just been fantastic. They are always gracious and helpful. The location is quite near the airport but a little ways from the city center (45mins-1hr) but very worth staying at.

• Stayed: December 2012
CourtyardMumbai, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Mumbai International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time out to write an excellent review about our hotel on Trip advisor. The team is strongly motivated by your comments. We look forward to see you again!