“Great hotel not far from the airport”

Courtyard by Marriott Mumbai International Airport
Ranked #12 of 463 Hotels in Mumbai
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Although an airport hotel, we discovered that the hotel was some 15 minutes from the airport. Thankfully, the hotel provides a pick up and drop off service to the airport.

The hotel staff was friendly, ever willing and giving that little bit extra to help. I found it a great pleasure to stay at this hotel. It was clean, comfortable and modern. Shower had great water pressure. Nestled among corporate offices, the view from the rooms is much more pleasant than that of the front street. Internet access is fee oriented but FREE if you are a "Marriott Rewards" member.

The Breakfast is s blast - highly recommended - with a wide, albeit all Indian and a continental selection - selection of meals, bakery, juices and coffees. My favorite is the Masala Tea, freshly brewed and pulled on site.

For business, day long taxi hire can be made at reception. You'll find it cheaper elsewhere 8'm sure but not as convenient, friendly or trustworthy.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank hanra
CourtyardMumbai, Executive Chef at Courtyard by Marriott Mumbai International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

Thank you very much for your wonderful review of our hotel!

I am glad to note that you had a great time and appreciated our services, especially the breakfast experience. I would love to introduce you to some local tea and coffee favorites from our hot beverages menu at MoMo Café on your next visit.
I must add that since we are situated in the bustling business district of North Mumbai, in proximity to both the airports and corporate parks, road travel tends to get busy at certain times of the day. I am delighted to note that our Concierge team arranged the same to your requirements.

Lastly, I would like to thank you for your wonderful comments for the team and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Warm regards and best wishes
Chef Suresh Thampy
Executive Chef

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Stayed a night for a meeting. The location is great for a quick dash to the airport.
The rooms are clean, and comfortable. I did not have any issues with noise. The amenities are good, and the staff are courteous. The breakfast was adequate and tasty.
One observation: the shower is quite small, and the floor is incredibly slippery when wet; with metal handle bar projecting, this could be dangerous. I nearly slipped a few times, and the small place makes it difficult to manage. Some floor stickers for grip would be option.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank chi77subra
CourtyardMumbai, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Mumbai International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Thank you for your excellent review of the Courtyard Marriott Mumbai, I am pleased to know that you were able to make the most of your time during your stay!
I am especially pleased that you enjoyed the rooms and our MoMo Café breakfast experience.
I must add that we really appreciate your feedback, to add floor grips in all our guest bathrooms to avoid an unprecedented injury of sorts. It is our endeavor and priority to ensure the safety of all our guests, so we have actively taken the same into consideration.
Thank you once again for your lovely review and I very much look forward to welcome you back.

Warm regards,
Nischchint Vaid
Director of Rooms

Reviewed August 14, 2012

While maintaining the standardised feel and appearance which is the hallmark of this chain of hotels worldwide, and despite its proximity to the International Airport, Courtyard by Marriott is not just another airport hotel. It is a businessman's hotel and it exudes professionalism and spit and polish as I discovered during my recent sojourn there. Attention to detail is noted at every turn from the management of the several conference rooms, the displays in the lobby and sharp responses.
The buffet lunch which was served in the large and airy lobby was top order and the choice of cuisine and drink impeccable.
The room standards could not be explored by me on this visit but I reckon a seasoned traveller would have nothing to complain about.
The road works on the busy Andheri-Kurla road may be a spoiler at times but it is only a matter of time before this smart hotel makes a bigger splash around.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank vayudoot
CourtyardMumbai, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Mumbai International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2012

Thank you very much for your wonderful review and for sharing your experience with the Tripadvisor community.

It is fantastic to hear about the many things that you enjoyed at the Courtyard Marriott Mumbai. I am especially delighted to hear that you enjoyed the dining experience and the team managed to make your experience a memorable one.

I can only thank you again for your feedback and we eagerly await your return.

With best wishes and warmest regards,

Reviewed August 13, 2012

One of the Best hotels. Very close to the International airport, while a short distance away from the domestic as well. Very good rooms with excellent amenities. The breakfast spread was excellent with a wide variety of choices. The staff were extremely coureous. If the rates are a little low, Marriot can give a run for the money for many other established hotels.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank prasanna s

Thank you very much for your wonderful review.
I am really happy to read that you enjoyed your stay at Courtyard Marriott Mumbai; your kind words for the members of the team are greatly appreciated by all.
Indeed the location of the hotel in proximity to both the airports, makes it the perfect place to stay while on business.
I do hope your travels bring you to Mumbai again, and if so, we look forward to welcome you all back.
Warmest regards and best wishes,

Reviewed August 11, 2012

Upon arrival, I already decided I did not like this hotel. There was a tour bus unloading passengers and the lobby was crammed with people all going various directions. After a business day, this is not the type of receptioni I care for in my hotel. I could not tell which direction I was supposed to head for check in, and then it was done in a pretty rude manner. Of course, I was not recognized as a Marriot Silver Rewards member or anything of the sort. When I went to my room (which was supposed to be an upgraded club room), it was the most basic of rooms, and smelled of paint thinner. The view out the window was a construction side, and there was a lot of noise. My rate included breakfast and I found out that this was held in the canvernous lobby which had no carpet so sound was magnified and echoed throughout the place - not the kind of place I would like to prepare for a business meeting. There were a lot of families with kids running about. I told the manager I wanted to leave, and after being EXTREMELY persistent, he talked me into staying. He also told all the managers in the hotel what was going on, and while he filled me with free beer and wine, they all came over, gave me their business cards, and such. One also said he made a reservation at the upstairs restaurant, but when I went up there, my name was not found on the reservations list. If the managers did not respond in such a proactive manner, I would have given this hotel 1 or 2 stars. Don't get me wrong, this hotel is probably great for families or travels on tight budgets, but when I arrive after an overnight flight from Beijing and have to prepare for several business meetings, this is not the right hotel for intense business dealings. So....if you are wondering what I will do on my next trip to Mumbai, I will go to the Taj Lands End, which is one of the best hotels in the world in my book. It is quiet, relaxing, and service is superb! They even remember me by name when I come back, even the porters...amazing!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review, your feedback is appreciated. I am terribly disappointed to know that your February 2012 stay at Courtyard Marriott Mumbai was not to your satisfaction, owing to our ongoing property upgrade. I am pleased to say that the hotel expansion is now complete and we would very much like to welcome you back to experience a refreshed product and restore your faith in the Courtyard by Marriott brand.
While we are aware of the guestroom views, I must highlight that North Mumbai is developing part of the city and the last five years have seen unprecedented growth is residential, leisure and corporate houses in this area owing to which there is visible expansion. I would also like to take this opportunity to mention that we have specific meeting rooms as well as an executive lounge to conduct business affairs and ensure your utmost privacy.

Since you are a regular traveler to the city, I would very much like for you to give us a second opportunity to show you our hospitality. I am sure you will find several visible changes at the hotel over the last 07 months and I will be delighted to personally meet you and to ensure that your every need is taken care of.
With warm regards and best wishes
gautam.bhandari@courtyard.com

Reviewed August 11, 2012

This is been an repeat visit this hotel. I had a good experience to this hotel. But this time I find the service is not upto the mark. I was calling the room assistance repeatedly without any answer. Finally without any other I personally had to come to front office and speak to them. After that the room service responded. The systems inproving for betterment is good. Now you can see in Marriott the intercom in limited. you can call the assistance or the internet or emergency. In case you have the room assistance does not respond whats the next alternative. The answer is nill. So sad state of affairs at marriott

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank kareem21
CourtyardMumbai, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Mumbai International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2012

I would like to thank you for not only choosing to stay with us at Courtyard Marriott Mumbai, but also for your precious time giving your feed back. I apologize that your stay was not satisfactory and that we could not meet your expectations.
I must add here that we were facing a technical issue pertaining to the phone systems which we have now, I am glad to say, resolved successfully and in symmetry with our product benchmark. I do apologise that the delay in response created inconvenience for you.
We have indeed taken notes of your comments and I have personally ensured that the process is revisited, so that it does not cause annoyance to future guests of the hotel.
Once again, thank you for your time and valued observations. The team looks forward to welcoming you back and meanwhile; please do let me know if I could be of any assistance; it will be a sheer pleasure to serve you.

Kind Regards,
Nischint Vaid
Director of Rooms
nischint.vaid@courtyard.com

Reviewed August 10, 2012

Slam dunk choice for a high quality short term stay (as long as you stick indoors and don't care about the external view). Western folks note - generally Courtyards in India and elsewhere in Asia are a LOT nicer on the inside and have better service than Courtyards in North America, where the Courtyard brand is positioned as a "value for money" and "self service" class of hotels.

Stayed for one night in July 2012 after arriving on a late night flight from London. My corporate hotel rate included airport transfer, internet access and breakfast. The hotel taxi driver picked me up from the Mumbai International airport. The taxi ride took 15-20 min despite the short distance due to construction around the airport and bumpy roads. Check in was painfully slow and paper heavy but was cushioned by smiles from the jolly guy at the front desk. I was pleasantly surprised by a room upgrade. The front desk guy escorted me to the elevator and showed me how to use my room key for using the elevator (I played dumb :)).

My upgraded room was top notch with extensive wood and contemporary furnishings. I felt I was staying at a upper class Marriott or Westin hotel in the United States. The bed was comfortable with high quality linen. The air-conditioning was quiet and effective. The wardrobe had a robe and bathroom slippers. The restroom was spacious and supplies included toothbrush and oral care supplies, shaving supplies and Bath&Body Works toiletries. One interesting observation - there was a glass wall separating the bathroom and room... Looked cool but wierd from a utility perspective. Tip - Keep your curtains shut - the room had large glass windows but the city view was marked by construction, piles of dirt, slum huts and strewn trash (typical of Mumbai). Breakfast buffet next morning was quite a spread... extensive choice of Indian and Continental items with great service from the wait staff. A word of caution - Folks should drink bottled water and avoid food items that are uncooked (fruits, chutneys, etc) for the risk of water borne disease.

In Summary I thought this was a superior stay at a good value for my 1 day functional stay at an airport business hotel. If you are looking for a "martini sipping" experience with nicer views you are better off staying at one of the five star hotels in the vicinity.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank VickChapelHill

Thank you very much for your lovely review and for choosing to stay at Courtyard Marriott Mumbai for your visit to Mumbai. While we are aware of the locational challenges, North Mumbai is developing part of the city and the last five years have seen unprecedented growth is residential, leisure and corporate houses in this area.
I am delighted to know that you very much enjoyed your upgraded room with its large business space and facilities. I am happy to read about your dining experience, especially with its new menu, MoMo Café doesn’t disappoint.
The greatest compliment to a hotel is to welcome a guest like you and to know that the anticipation of your arrival is mutually shared as the team always looks forward to your next stay. Your kind words for the members of the team are greatly appreciated by all!
I very much look forward to continue delighting you and to take care of your every need on your return.

With warmest regards and best wishes,
Gautam Bhandari, General Manager