“Compared to Westin in other parts of the world - this is a bit sluggish”

The Westin Mumbai Garden City
Ranked #4 of 456 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Reviewed September 30, 2010

I have stayed at Westin in NJ and in NY, and both were simply amazing.. so once I found that a Westin has now opened in Mumbai, it was my obvious choice of stay for my Mumbai visit.. I found that the hotel is a bit far from the main city, and in Goregaon.. but since my client was also in Andheri, I thought the commute would not be that bad.. When I arrived at the hotel, I found the reception staff not that courteous.. I was infact shocked to see that they were not willing to offer any discount even when 90% of the hotel rooms were vacant.. I told them about my stays in Westin NJ and NY, and the kind of discounts I was offered, but that didn't move them a bit.. well, I was in Mumbai only for 2 days, and so decided not to argue much and took their superior room.. The price I paid for the room was probably twice as much as I paid in Westin NJ..

I found that the attitude of staff overall was not so great.. including that of the concierge and room-service.. My room T.V. didn't have a remote, and when I asked for one, I was told that it recently got stolen and they don't have a spare one available.. And the worst part was that the commute to Andheri office was pathetic.. the distance was probably around 5-6 kms, but it used to take me 1-1.5 hrs both ways which was really frustrating..

I don't think I will be staying at this hotel again unless I have no other choice

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed September 12, 2010

The hotel is amazing. The views are great from higher floors. The rooms and its amenities are excellent. The rooms are very spacious The location is great as the hotel is close to both domestic and international airports. The hotel has great ambience. The view from the restaurant is great and superb!! Highly recommended!!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 30, 2010

We stayed in this hotel for a couple days with small children.

Good
Facility is very new and fresh. Room is comfortable, spotless and have good view of forest near by.

Good buffet at 18 Floor restraunt, some waiters are very helpful and very hard working. One of the restaunt manger was also very good. The spa was neat and comfortable, even I just enjoyed steam sauna. Many of helpful and smily staff.

Not good
We were almost double charged after 1 day of checking in. Wondered why after one day. When we made booking with them, we clearly booked with proper number of people. No proper apology from the manager with this problem. We were stressed with this matter, so we couldn't be relaxed after.

The kids swimming pool was not working properly. I was surprised when brown colour dirty water was coming out from wall shower in the kids pool. We immediately finished playing. Staff excused saying they did some work previous day. They shouldn't have opened the pool till all the facility works properly and safely. Especially this is kids pool...

The kids room was small but full of toys, it was ok,. I found the daily activity schedule on the wall( Westin kids club leafet which are given to kids also mentioned about activities), but staff told me the activity service is not avairable, because there are not enough children staying in the hotel. I didn't understand why they put it on the wall.

No pool side chair service, no staff around. We had to put our towel on the chair. Even it started raining, no staff protected our towel and belongings, so everything got wet.

Overall, I would reccomend this hotel to business people.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Europetourist186338
Reviewed August 24, 2010

I cant say enough good things about this hotel....the staff, the design, restaurants...it goes on and on. I was a Taj and generic SPG loyalist, but I will stay no where else in MUMBAI after this.

Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 11, 2010

wowo i stayed at top floor and guess what u can look to whole city :)
its best hotel of recent time

Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 10, 2010

My colleague and I had been to the newly opened The Westin hotel in Mumbai. From the external look, it feels like a corporate building but once you enter its a different world. Top class facilities, spacious rooms, good gym and Spa. The swimming pool on the 4th floor being open feels like you are out of the city....The prices are not very expensive as compared to other 5start hotels.

On food, the italian restaurant PREGO is awesome, the deserts are a must have.
From the top floors, i.e. the gym you have a great view of lush green Aarrey which makes you wonder if you are really in Mumbai :)

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 3, 2010

As soon as you arrive in front of this hotel you see a huge tall and beautiful building. I love this hotel because it is right in middle of the very fast city life of mumbai. The location is of the hotel is so smart that you could get to any place in mumbai with ease. Also in front of the hotel is popular Oberoi mall where you could enjoy movies, have some dinner and spend a few bucks while going shopping. The view from the top of the hotel is absolute immense pleasure. You could see almost the whole of mumbai. The services they provide are incredible and you have to search real hard to find a better hotel in the city.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business