“Has got better over it's first year of operation” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Westin Mumbai Garden City

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
The Westin Mumbai Garden City
Ranked #8 of 441 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
London
“Has got better over it's first year of operation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2011

I've been staying at the Westin in Mumbai on business for about a year now, mainly because it's close to my office. It's great to say that since it opened the service has improved pretty much every time I go back, and so has the food., which was pretty poor, but is really good now. A recent big plus for peole working western hours, is that the buffet restaurant is now open til 4am, so if you get back from work after midnight you can still have a sit down meal with colleagues. The massage ladies in the Spa are very good, and the gym is also well equipped and the staff are attentive and helpful. Also worth mentioning that the beds are really really comfy.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Sushilz, Hotel Manager at The Westin Mumbai Garden City, responded to this review, August 13, 2011
Thank you for your patronage to our hotel. We are pleased to hear of your experiences from your recent visit with us and delighted you found your stay uplifting, especially the availability (24/7) of food & beverages at our venue Seasonal Tastes on the 18th floor. The Heavenly Bed is one of our signature products, it gives you a motionless sleep and we are pleased to hear that the bed assisted in providing a good night’s sleep. We aim to send the guest home feeling better than when they first arrived. We look forward to your return visit!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (384)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2011

If u want a nice spacious room , its great , has a great view from the higher floors.

Staff: Great Staff , from the front desk to the housekeep , very courteous

Just one thing bothers me in all hotels , when u check in at 4 am in the morning they charge you the full rate , its a perishable item so if i am taking it i am making some revenue of it , So cut some slack people ...

Room: Great room , very spacious nice TV a DVD is given , i dont understand the space in the bathroom to keep the luggage , even though the Bathroom is Huge , but come one .. thats my personal opinion

Small Stuff: This is where is gets to you , Since i had a smoking room the ashtrays were not cleaned even after housekeeping , the stopper in the bath tub was not working , there were no creamers in the room , when i asked for extra (i like cream in my coffee so sue me ) I got four the normal amount , which part of extra do people not understand?

Barring the small stuff the hotel is great.

Room Tip: High Floor rooms are great , Take a King size bed
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Sushilz, Hotel Manager at The Westin Mumbai Garden City, responded to this review, July 25, 2011
Thank you for your feedback. Our team is delighted to hear that you enjoyed our facility and services, especially the comfort of the room. I hope you can accept my sincere apologies for the challenges you encountered in our hotel. Please be assured that the feedback is being looked into and appropriate action taken to prevent any guests being similarly inconvenienced in the future. I am hoping you will return, so we can convey to you that your experiences are not our usual standard. We look forward to your return visit to experience an uplifting experience with us at The Westin Mumbai Garden City!
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2011

This hotel is a paradise next to chaos that you experience in Mumbai. Very modern rooms, great views, Very comfortable beds and the best breakfast we ever had. You get so much of thi yammi fod, that you are full for the whole day. Yiu have to try the breakfast the buffet there! Very good, secure hotel in Mumbai. It is a place if you want to relax from chaos that you find next door. Highly recommended!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Sushilz, Hotel Manager at The Westin Mumbai Garden City, responded to this review, July 19, 2011
Thank you for your patronage to our hotel. We appreciate you spending the time to share your experiences with us and shall surely share your kind words with the team. We pride ourselves in offering a personal and instinctive service, and a sensory – rich environment that evokes a feeling of tranquility and well-being, nourishing your soul within a bustling city like Mumbai. We look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Mumbai Garden City in the near future.
Panjim, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2011

Stayed there for two nights. Rooms ar huge and well appointed .There is no light switch near entrance door , be cautious when you enter in the dark.
Breakfast is fair affair. We had Nihari at Kangan , was fair, I expected it to be good.
Overall, nice place to stay overnight.

1 Thank BShishir
Sushilz, Hotel Manager at The Westin Mumbai Garden City, responded to this review, July 15, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. Our team is delighted to hear that you enjoyed our facility and services. The light switches are operated through the use of the key cards as you enter the room. We look forward to your return visit to us in the near future.
Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2011

This was 1st time in a Westin and i was in Mumbai. The room interior are much attractive and new generation looks, unlike hotels built 15 years ago with similar interior.

Lots of food variety. More over it looked like indian food tailored for western people but it was good (not excellent).

I am definitely going to stay here next time too.

Oberoi mall is very next to it with lots of food and shopping options.

1 Thank rajender8
Thank you for your patronage to our hotel and for taking the time to share your experiences with us. Our team prides itself on the experience we create for our guests and will be happy to hear that they have managed to meet your every need and uplift your spirits.
delhi
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2011

i like it a lot.
One thing that I like about the hotel is its location- not too far and not too near the airport. Being within about twenty minutes drive from the airport is the first level of comfort in a city like Mumbai where distances are often calculated in hours.

The hotel is very efficient and gives enough space for a business traveller to function. Many a time I have carried almost all my business meetings within the hotel complex!

Refarding the staying arrangements, I think Westin, Mumbai has one of the largest room space which is a redeeming feature. Plus all rooms have excellent view of the swirling city below. The restaurants appear very airy and provides great opportunity to have informal business meetings.
thnx

Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank sagar_kedia
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2011

Stayed here for close to 3 weeks for Business in April in Exec level room, first time staying with Westin.

Good/positive points:
*New Hotel
*Fantastic Rooms
*Central location
*Spacious
*Food was good
*Room service was good

Bad/Negative points:
*Inconsistent greeting/door opening, Sometimes was greeted whilst entering the hotel, other times felt ignored, even when hotel was not busy.
*House keeping not up to scratch, one day the dirty breakfast cart was left outside my front door until the evening I had to call the reception to have it removed.
*Dirty linen was left on the floor of my room after they changed the bed.
*Service wasn't personalized and nothing special was done for me even as a long staying guest. Eg. when I stayed at JW Marriott in the past they knew what fruit I liked (mango) so they put it in the room for me without asking, special flower arrangements and the housekeeping did little personalised things to impress the guests.
*At the start of my trip at checkin I told reception that my partner would be staying in the room with me however only for a few days here or there as she was travelling to other states in India for work then back to Mumbai again. They said that is fine and to just tell them at the end of my trip of how many days she stayed so they could settle the 1000INR per day charge. However a week or two into my trip I got a rather shocking/embarrassing call from reception saying "Housekeeping have noticed a 2nd person is staying there, and could you get them to come to reception to scan a copy of their passport and so we can charge for the nights"
I then proceeded to the guy that my partner already had her passport scanned by reception at Checkin and that we will inform them how many nights to charge at the end.
Come to the end of my trip at checkout they wanted to charge me additional person charge for the whole 3 weeks despite the trouble I had already gone through earlier.
In the end I escalated it to the duty manager who told me it was my fault for not telling them each time my partner was/was not there despite what I was told at checkin. In the end he gave me 50% off the additional person charges. It wasn't the money that bothered me it was the principle of being told one thing at checkin then told another at checkout.

Overall stay was good, however the above left a sour taste in my mouth.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank mileagehopper
Sushilz, Hotel Manager at The Westin Mumbai Garden City, responded to this review, July 24, 2011
Thank you for your feedback. Our team is delighted to hear that you enjoyed our facility and services, especially the comfort of the room. I hope you can accept my sincere apologies for the challenges you encountered in our hotel. Please be assured that the feedback is being looked into and appropriate action taken to prevent any guests being similarly inconvenienced in the future. I am hoping you will return, so we can convey to you that your experiences are not our usual standard. We look forward to your return visit to experience an uplifting stay with us at The Westin Mumbai Garden City!