“excellent tour, caring guide”
Review of Mumbai Moments

Mumbai Moments
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to our city. Mumbai as we see it, we invite you to discover our home, in all its true COLOURS. Mumbai is a city that will mesmerize you with its sights, sounds and smells! If you are you looking out for some incredible authentic Mumbai experience, then we recommend you to go for our Mumbai Moments tours. If you are a leisure traveler or on a business, we help you to discover the essence of this city with our specialized and personalized, private and group, customized Mumbai city tours. We have a set of well cultured, professional and highly qualified and very informative fluent English speaking local Mumbai tour guides who have vast knowledge of insights of this mega city and its day-to-day life! All our Mumbai tours are highly personalized, special and exclusive to give you a personal touch, may it be shopping tour, motorbike tour, temple tour, market tour or the Mumbai solo women traveler tour or the Mumbai single women traveler tour. So, come you are invited to touch, feel and live this mega phenomenon, Mumbai!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Stairs / elevator
north carolina
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 99 helpful votes
“excellent tour, caring guide”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

My husband and I took our twin 14 year old sons with us on a recent trip to India. We literally had one morning in Mumbai and wanted our sons to have the most memorable experience possible. We really wanted them to have a more meaningful cultural experience than simply seeing more famous buildings.

Honestly, we wanted them to have a little insight into exactly how privileged their lives really are, and how, no matter what your exterior looks like, no matter where you are from or how you are raised, that people are more similar than different. People everywhere want to love and care for their family, make friends, connect with other people. We wanted to take them on a tour of the slum in Mumbai but were squeamish about walking around peoples' neighborhood, gawking at them. That is REALLY what we did NOT want to do.

Cue Amish. Not only did he provide us with the perfect tour, he focussed his attention on our sons, sharing with them the history of the neighborhood, pointing out all the hard working residents and the economic powerhouse that the place really is. Amish introduced our sons to boys their own age. Our sons were fascinated by the adult role these young men shoulder, the local boys were fascinated by our sons' orthodontic braces. They shared a cup of chai with some residents, saw the inside workings of a dozen kinds of local businesses, and they gained a lot of respect for the people who live and work there.

After the tour Amish arranged for us to be driven to the cruise ship terminal while he went elsewhere to handle some other business. Imagine our surprise when, just as we completed our check in paperwork, Amish showed up for the sole purpose of saying goodbye to our boys. If you have been to Mumbai you know that the slums and the cruise ship terminal are at least an hour's drive apart given the traffic. Yet he went that much out of his way to come say good bye to our children.

Amish was very easy to communicate with in setting up our tour, he arrived at our hotel to pick us up exactly on time and he was absolutely professional and helpful throughout our stay in Mumbai. I highly recommend him and his tour services to anyone visiting the city.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank cbl41

Perth, Australia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Amish a true professional”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

My sister and I visited Mumbai in March 2013 and couldn't have been happier with our Mumbai Moments tour. As two mature ladies alone in Mumbai, we were a little apprehensive about getting around the city, but I had read good reviews about Mumbai Moments on Trip Advisor, so contacted Amish by email not long before we arrived. He responded straight away to all my communications and organised several tours for us over the 3 days we were in Mumbai - all the tours were specially tailored around our requests and timetable. We felt that we got to know Amish pretty well over those 3 days, as he conducted each tour personally for us as well as organising a very well qualified tour guide (a lady with a great knowledge of archeology and religion) to take us to the Elephanta Island caves. He met us at the beginning of that tour to introduce us to our lady guide and then met us at the end to make sure everything had gone well on the tour (which it had - it was fantastic!). I can't speak highly enough of Amish. He was professional, courteous and friendly, and made our time in Mumbai one of the highlights of our 3 week tour of India. He was not pushy at all and did not make us feel uncomfortable in any way.

Visited March 2013
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Perfect end to our cruise.”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

My partner and I chose Mumbai Moments based on other Trip Advisor reviews and were not disappointed. Amish was fantastic to work with in planning our day. He was more than kind and accommodating our needs. We arrived around 12:30 and chose to do a six hour tour without meals. Manik, our guide, was delightful. She was very knowledgeable and we learned more than we thought possible as we were shown the sights of Mumbai. Amish offered to try and set up something for a larger group of 6 or 8 but it didn't happen. His flexibility and professionalism were a joy to deal with.We'd recommend Mumbai Moments to everyone.

Visited May 2013
Glasgow
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Mumbai in One Day”
Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

As part of our recently completed World Cruise we stopped off in Mumbai on March 31st. The all day city tour had been easily arranged by e-mail and as promised Amish met us at the Green Gate of the port. Before lunch we visited several sights and had plenty of opportunities to take photos. Amish joined us at the restaurant to ensure that we had enjoyed the lunch (excellent) and were enjoying the tour, which we were. After lunch more attractions and photo ops. All too soon the tour was over and we were back at the port. Both our guide and driver were excellent and as we'll as Amish had made it a superb day out. We had been slightly nervous about our day in Mumbai but thanks to Amish and his team we can't wait to go back. Thanks Amish from Angela & George in Glasgow, Scotland.

Visited March 2013
San Diego
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Highly recommend for solo female travelers”
Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

I found myself in Mumbai at both the beginning and end of a work trip. And I wanted to make sure I made the most of my time there, as it was a new city for me to explore.

Naturally as I was traveling on my own, I was hesitant about booking a solo tour guide. But the reviews for Mumbai Moments made me feel comfortable, and I took the plunge.

And I'm so glad I did. I found Amish to be absolutely fantastic. He was terrific company, showed me both the obvious as well as the secret gems of Mumbai (e. The Chai Guy...best chai I've ever tasted). He is respectful, enthusiastic, knowledgeable, flexible to all my requirements and requests (from organizing an airport pick up to helping locate a very specific item to being home for my son), kind...and a great conversationalist too. And, most importantly for a solo female traveler, I felt completely safe.

I strongly recommend Mumbai Moments to anyone visiting Mumbai, particularly if you are short of time. It's worth every penny.

Visited April 2013