“Best in class business hotel offering value for money”

Holiday Inn Mumbai International Airport
Ranked #33 of 456 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Reviewed March 28, 2013

i somehow love this hotel even though currently the location can a little challenging to get to due to the construction around. The rooms are good, the staff is extremly courteous and friendly, the food is good, and they dont charge a bomb for this. Will always like to stay there on business as my returns are the best here.

Room Tip: it does not matter as it in the middle of a concrete jungle :-)
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed March 28, 2013

It´s a Holiday Inn, some of the fittings in the rooms are really damaged and you can find rusty on the bathroom. The service is good and helpful. Very nice staff, but lobby restaurant and bar are not of a warm enviroment at all. Not feeling of staying there long time.

It´s very convenient to the domestic airport and cheaper that other hotels of the area, but neighborhood and amenities are not confortable or enjoyable at all.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank FernandoAldeguer
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Mumbai International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Dear Fernandet,

Thank you for your review and being so detailed in the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. Whilst I am pleased with the good comments, I truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. We will address these points and I hope when you return you will see the improvements made.

I look forward to having the opportunity to host you in the near future to allow you to experience our commitment to quality and service.

Krysllin G.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

people don't know how much location counts in mumbai. this hotel has that as USP if you are not game to spend a bomb on others like leela or ITC GM. but it does achieve its goals quite ok. takes 20 min from domestic airport and 10 min form intl airport during peak hours. all matters rest there. food-ok buffet with usual indian and conti stuff, nothing great. rooms- average with quite poor sunlight blockage so forget restful daytime nap. gym is just ordinary. spa is outsourced and is average . so forget any great remembrance of this property. just gets the job done- and that may not be so bad.

Room Tip: high floors
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Mumbai International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

Dear ashgood,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I am pleased you liked the convenient location of our hotel. My apologies for falling short of your expectations with the your room accommodation and the gym. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. If there is anything you need next time you stay with us, please do not hesitate to let us know.

Karen C

Reviewed March 24, 2013

After 2 bad experiences in Nagpur hotels i found this hotel to be exceptionally good. Very decent service and wonderful staff.
Close to the airport and very convinient for international flights.
Food was good.Just a little costly i feel.
Overall i enjoyed .Keeep it up!!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I have stayed in several Holiday Inns throughout the world and I was impressed with this one more so than most. It is close to the airport so that it dosen't take 4 hours of Mumbai traffic to get to your flight and the friendly staff made it very comfortable for me. I stayed a week and used the hotel as my starting point to do daily business throughout Mumbai, this is definately a business hotel.

The breakfast buffet is excellent with a great selection of international foods and the friendly staff are never far away to fill your coffee cup or anything else you may require.

I would definately recommend this hotel to the business traveller.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

This is the worst hotel you could ever stay at. The nightclub blasts loud music which i could hear on the four floor. On requesting that the music be turned down, nothing was done. I then went down to the lobby and complained and still nothing was done. Finally after an hour the manager on duty comes down and says the music will be put off in 10 minutes. I go to my room and even then the music and its vibrations could still be heard. I come back down and ask that the hotel connect me to the general manager of the hotel but then i got excuses that he is out of town , on a flight etc etc..... Finally i myself went into the club and turned off the music.....the hotel broke rules by continuing the music and serving of drinks beyond the stipulated 3am deadline. Needless to say, i didnt sleep the whole night since i had to wake up at 5am anyway. The hotel promised me that i would not have to pay for my stay at the hotel but then went back on their own word.
The next day the general manager called me up on my phone, several hours (not at the agreed upon time) after the event and raised his voice screaming at me on the phone., was rude, unprofessional and not really trying to solve the problem....wow.....sad if the general manager does this. I had to simply hang up and told him that as a guest i do not need to listen to his rambling..... Especially after not having slept the whole night. Moreover, he just gave me stories on how he was in bangalore, while his staff told me he was in singapore.....i am quite sure he was in mumbai but did not have the courage to even come and apologize in person to me (and if he really was galavanting all around the world, why is he then a general manager of a hotel in mumbai???).
To make matters worse, the general manager insulted me by suggesting at 8pm on the phone to me that i change my hotel ....the staff later told me i could move to a property which was a three/four star property......and was not willing to cough up the money needed to move me to a comparable property. This is not a holiday inn....i think even motel 8 would treat a guest with more respect.

2  Thank ttravel23
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Mumbai International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2013

Dear ttravel23,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Mumbai.

Ferdinand G.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

I was due to stay 3 nights here, but ended up staying only the first and then moved to the Taj lands end. The only benefit I could see in staying here is that it is close to the airport.

Amenities in the room are basic, room size average. When you open the curtains which are always closed all three sides of the view are overlooking a low cost housing estate. So whilst one is in a luxury hotel one is being looked at by pretty poor people, which can be uncomfortable and guilt feelings come in to play.

The restaurant has standard fare and one has to eat with one hand whilst swatting mosquitoes with the other.
Outside the hotel it is really dangerous, there is construction work taking place so you cannot walk anywhere. Then as you get out of the main gate you are in the middle of a slum!

From the domestic airport it takes 45min to an hour in sheer traffic.

I am not sure which idiot in senior management in the Holiday inn group thought this property was a good location.

The big question woul dI stay here again, easy answer no Never. I have to add I am a gold member of the priority club and a loyal Holiday Inn client globally. This has to be the worst location for any of their hotels. For families this is not the hotel especially if you are traveling with children.

Don't bother staying here is my advice.

Room Tip: choose different location this is a seriously dangerous location.
1  Thank Sanjay G
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Mumbai International Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Dear Sanjay G,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. As a Priority Club Rewards Gold member we greatly appreciate your loyalty to our brand and hotel. I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectation. Our goal is to provide clean and comfortable stay to all of our valued guest and make their stay a memorable one. The issues you have raised will be addressed and appropriate actions will be taken. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Janice A