“Great Stay”

Holiday Inn Mumbai International Airport
Ranked #36 of 454 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Austin, Texas, United States
“Great Stay”
Reviewed December 12, 2012

It was my first time in India. I chose this hotel due to the brand recognition. The staff was great and very willing to help out for everything. The main one that stood out was Amir Khan who was a Front Desk representative he was helpful in giving me insides of the area, and was very friendly. The room was very clean, comfortable and inviting. The hotel was very clean all around. Very friendly staff. Recommend for anyone in the area looking for a place to stay!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor if available
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
HolidayInnMumbai, General Manager at Holiday Inn Mumbai International Airport, responded to this review, December 25, 2012
Thank you for your feedback and above all for appreciating the hotels product and services. Our goal is to consistently provide superior service to our guests and your comments are very important to us and have been shared with Amir Khan especially and It is messages like these that encourage our staff to do more.

We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Oppenheimer Pinto e Fernandez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (332)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
Marietta, GA
Reviewed December 10, 2012

This slickly decorated hotel is located very close to the international terminal. The area outside the hotel property is dusty, dirty, moldy, congested and not very pleasant. It is a business class property good for a 1-2 night stop-over between flights.

No complaints about the staff, but no major accolades either when compared to some other similar properties in India. But they are just about better than any IHC staff in the US though. The Platinum Priority Club Specialist (Ms. Verma) was exceptional though.

The dinner items ordered were fresh and very good, but most of the breakfast buffet items sampled (tea, pancakes, omelet) were below expectation in taste or texture. The restaurant had mosquitoes, and corridors had noticeably moldy odors. Our room was large and great, no complaints. Full set of towels/mats were not replenished on our second day.

I would stay at this hotel again, but would look at other options due to the area surrounding it that looks like a gray depressing industrial wasteland.

Room Tip: The views are all very bleak, but get a higher floor for less street noise.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Durban, South Africa
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I checked in around midnight after a long intercontinental flight, as my connecting flight was late the following morning. Transport was ready and waiting, the concierge and reception staff were friendly and welcoming, and the room was excellent. I had a really good breakfast next morning, before heading back to the airport well rested and ready for action. Is a 15 min drive from the international terminal, and 1/2 hour in early morning traffic to domestic terminal. Def returning...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your feedback. It is very thoughtful of you to convey your satisfaction for the services rendered by Holiday Inn Mumbai. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you that encourage our staff to do more.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Stayed one night and enjoyed it. As part of the chain, they maintain strong international standards to rooms, beds, lobby, etc. The restaurant was a very pleasant surprise as well. Though the buffet initially seemed expensive, after seeing and consuming all the food available, we were all in agreement that it was definitely worth it. One thing to watch out for is the airport you are traveling from. Mumbai has an idiotic system of having the international and domestic airport share the same airport code (BOM) and name. Additionally, there are domestic flights out of the international airport, so it's darn near impossible to tell where you are traveling to/from. The airports are only a few miles apart, but in traffic, can easily take 30-45 minutes to travel between. The Holiday Inn is only near the international airport, not the domestic, so please pay attention (but again, there are domestic flights that fly to and from the International airport). Overall, when traveling abroad, the Holiday Inn is almost always excellent and ironically almost always better than their US hotels.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed December 3, 2012

My recent stay (5th time) at the Holiday Inn Mumbai Airport, was riddled with problems. I can’t say enough how disappointed in this property I am. Not only will I never stay there again, but I will likely never stay with an IHG property again unless this matter is properly dealt with. My Priority Club status is Gold, and I have been a member since 2005. This year I have spent about 30 nights in IHG hotels.
Here is a recap of my problems:
1. Hotel Rate – upon booking my room I chose a rate that was about 1500 – 2000 rupees more than a base rate. The daily rate details indicated that breakfast, internet and 2 way transfer to the airport was included. Upon checking in the hotel confirmed my internet and breakfast for each day, but told me hotel policy only included one 2-way transfer per stay. I mentioned the per day details from the website and was told a manager would discuss it with me. That NEVER happened. Later that evening I confirmed my airport transfers for the next day and again had to have the discussion about the transfer cost. When I protesting again, I was told a manager would speak to me. A second time this never happened. Upon returning my second day I again was making arrangements for transfer and was confronted with possible charges. When I protested, the gal at the desk said she would get the manager to speak with me. I said I would be in the restaurant awaiting him/her. The manager never showed up, but the same lady from the desk came to see me, assured me that transfer to and fro the following day would be covered, but that that was it. I agreed to her the arrangement for the following day but disagreed that my entitlement ended after that. The next morning my transfer took place no problem. Upon returning to the airport I found that no car or greeter from the hotel was waiting for me. Someone rushed over from the other terminal to see if they could help after I spent 5 – 10 minutes on the phone (international roaming and long-distance) with the front desk. Upon greeting me, the handler at the airport said my name was not on the pick up list. He called the hotel and they advised I would have to pay if I wanted transfer. No one recalled the conversation from the night before in which it was agreed that my transfer would be covered. I refused to pay, they refused to take me to the hotel, so I proceeded to find my own taxi. Upon returning to the hotel, I asked to speak to the GM. He was abroad on business. His replacement was not available. Late that evening I departed to the airport to return home, paying my own transfer.
2. Rooms – I got room 709 which smelled horribly of mould and dampness. A maid cam by after I complained and sprayed some freshener around. This did nothing to alleviate the problem. Upon coming home I realized just how awful this smell was, since it permeated everything I had with me. In addition to this issue, the rooms have not been maintained well. The concrete around the windows, etc is chipping away and the paint on the walls is peeling.
3. Service – on my final day at the hotel no hand towels or floor mat were replaced in the bathroom. I had some clothing sent out for laundry service that returned in the same dirty condition as it went out. I suspect the cleaning was never done – just a fresh press to make it look half decent.
This property either needs new management or needs to lose its brand. There are better options for about the same money that are closer to the airport, give better service and better facilities.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
5 Thank JMRLOCK
Houston, Texas
Reviewed December 2, 2012

I had to pick this hotel due to hotel availability in the area that I normally stay in. The hotel is about a 10 minute ride from the airport. This is not bad if you understand how congested traffic is in Mumbai. I was greeting at the airport by the driver and taken to the hotel as expected. My room was available and waiting for me when I arrived at the hotel. They upgraded me due to my status to a suite. The suite was very nice, clean and met all expectations. The room and hotel is very clean. The room is quiet, and the bed was comfortable. I used room service, and the service was prompt and the food was good. The staff at the reception desk and room service were very professional and nice.
The biggest downfall of the hotel is the location and the view. There is really no where to walk outside of the hotel as it is not in a very traveler friendly area. The view from the room overlooks the slums. Although I have come to accept this as normal in some areas of Mumbai, it was a disappointment because I am used to staying in Powai where the area is much more traveler friendly to western travelers. Overall, the hotel is nice if you can accept the location. For long stays, I would not recommend it if you like to get out and explore by foot.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
HolidayInnMumbai, General Manager at Holiday Inn Mumbai International Airport, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
We are happy to note that you've had a pleasant stay with us and we take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time in sharing your feedback and above all for appreciating the hotels product and services.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best regards
Muscat, Oman
Reviewed December 1, 2012

I had a pleasant 2 night stay at the Holiday Inn Mumbai international airport. The service is note worthy and the staff is very friendly and attentive. Room service is one of the fastest in the hotels I have stayed, my compliments to the F&B team and the support staff. Great views from the terrace pool deck. If you are staying in the hotel hop on the roof deck past sunset and what you see is very pleasing to the eye. The views from the rooms are nothing great.
The rooms are clean and house keeping does a good job. The only negative point i experienced was that the the shower cubicle glass door needs fixing to prevent water run off to the toilet floor

Room Tip: Ask if the hotel has any rooms that does not face giant apartment buildings which is a real eye sore
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business