“Killing long airport waits” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Mumbai International Airport

Holiday Inn Mumbai International Airport
Ranked #35 of 441 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Durban, South Africa
“Killing long airport waits”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

I checked in around midnight after a long intercontinental flight, as my connecting flight was late the following morning. Transport was ready and waiting, the concierge and reception staff were friendly and welcoming, and the room was excellent. I had a really good breakfast next morning, before heading back to the airport well rested and ready for action. Is a 15 min drive from the international terminal, and 1/2 hour in early morning traffic to domestic terminal. Def returning...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HolidayInnMumbai, General Manager at Holiday Inn Mumbai International Airport, responded to this review, December 25, 2012
Thank you for sharing your feedback. It is very thoughtful of you to convey your satisfaction for the services rendered by Holiday Inn Mumbai. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you that encourage our staff to do more.

Oppenheimer Pinto e Fernandez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (315)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

Stayed one night and enjoyed it. As part of the chain, they maintain strong international standards to rooms, beds, lobby, etc. The restaurant was a very pleasant surprise as well. Though the buffet initially seemed expensive, after seeing and consuming all the food available, we were all in agreement that it was definitely worth it. One thing to watch out for is the airport you are traveling from. Mumbai has an idiotic system of having the international and domestic airport share the same airport code (BOM) and name. Additionally, there are domestic flights out of the international airport, so it's darn near impossible to tell where you are traveling to/from. The airports are only a few miles apart, but in traffic, can easily take 30-45 minutes to travel between. The Holiday Inn is only near the international airport, not the domestic, so please pay attention (but again, there are domestic flights that fly to and from the International airport). Overall, when traveling abroad, the Holiday Inn is almost always excellent and ironically almost always better than their US hotels.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

My recent stay (5th time) at the Holiday Inn Mumbai Airport, was riddled with problems. I can’t say enough how disappointed in this property I am. Not only will I never stay there again, but I will likely never stay with an IHG property again unless this matter is properly dealt with. My Priority Club status is Gold, and I have been a member since 2005. This year I have spent about 30 nights in IHG hotels.
Here is a recap of my problems:
1. Hotel Rate – upon booking my room I chose a rate that was about 1500 – 2000 rupees more than a base rate. The daily rate details indicated that breakfast, internet and 2 way transfer to the airport was included. Upon checking in the hotel confirmed my internet and breakfast for each day, but told me hotel policy only included one 2-way transfer per stay. I mentioned the per day details from the website and was told a manager would discuss it with me. That NEVER happened. Later that evening I confirmed my airport transfers for the next day and again had to have the discussion about the transfer cost. When I protesting again, I was told a manager would speak to me. A second time this never happened. Upon returning my second day I again was making arrangements for transfer and was confronted with possible charges. When I protested, the gal at the desk said she would get the manager to speak with me. I said I would be in the restaurant awaiting him/her. The manager never showed up, but the same lady from the desk came to see me, assured me that transfer to and fro the following day would be covered, but that that was it. I agreed to her the arrangement for the following day but disagreed that my entitlement ended after that. The next morning my transfer took place no problem. Upon returning to the airport I found that no car or greeter from the hotel was waiting for me. Someone rushed over from the other terminal to see if they could help after I spent 5 – 10 minutes on the phone (international roaming and long-distance) with the front desk. Upon greeting me, the handler at the airport said my name was not on the pick up list. He called the hotel and they advised I would have to pay if I wanted transfer. No one recalled the conversation from the night before in which it was agreed that my transfer would be covered. I refused to pay, they refused to take me to the hotel, so I proceeded to find my own taxi. Upon returning to the hotel, I asked to speak to the GM. He was abroad on business. His replacement was not available. Late that evening I departed to the airport to return home, paying my own transfer.
2. Rooms – I got room 709 which smelled horribly of mould and dampness. A maid cam by after I complained and sprayed some freshener around. This did nothing to alleviate the problem. Upon coming home I realized just how awful this smell was, since it permeated everything I had with me. In addition to this issue, the rooms have not been maintained well. The concrete around the windows, etc is chipping away and the paint on the walls is peeling.
3. Service – on my final day at the hotel no hand towels or floor mat were replaced in the bathroom. I had some clothing sent out for laundry service that returned in the same dirty condition as it went out. I suspect the cleaning was never done – just a fresh press to make it look half decent.
This property either needs new management or needs to lose its brand. There are better options for about the same money that are closer to the airport, give better service and better facilities.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank JMRLOCK
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

I had to pick this hotel due to hotel availability in the area that I normally stay in. The hotel is about a 10 minute ride from the airport. This is not bad if you understand how congested traffic is in Mumbai. I was greeting at the airport by the driver and taken to the hotel as expected. My room was available and waiting for me when I arrived at the hotel. They upgraded me due to my status to a suite. The suite was very nice, clean and met all expectations. The room and hotel is very clean. The room is quiet, and the bed was comfortable. I used room service, and the service was prompt and the food was good. The staff at the reception desk and room service were very professional and nice.
The biggest downfall of the hotel is the location and the view. There is really no where to walk outside of the hotel as it is not in a very traveler friendly area. The view from the room overlooks the slums. Although I have come to accept this as normal in some areas of Mumbai, it was a disappointment because I am used to staying in Powai where the area is much more traveler friendly to western travelers. Overall, the hotel is nice if you can accept the location. For long stays, I would not recommend it if you like to get out and explore by foot.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HolidayInnMumbai, General Manager at Holiday Inn Mumbai International Airport, responded to this review, December 30, 2012
We are happy to note that you've had a pleasant stay with us and we take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time in sharing your feedback and above all for appreciating the hotels product and services.

Best regards
Muscat, Oman
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

I had a pleasant 2 night stay at the Holiday Inn Mumbai international airport. The service is note worthy and the staff is very friendly and attentive. Room service is one of the fastest in the hotels I have stayed, my compliments to the F&B team and the support staff. Great views from the terrace pool deck. If you are staying in the hotel hop on the roof deck past sunset and what you see is very pleasing to the eye. The views from the rooms are nothing great.
The rooms are clean and house keeping does a good job. The only negative point i experienced was that the the shower cubicle glass door needs fixing to prevent water run off to the toilet floor

Room Tip: Ask if the hotel has any rooms that does not face giant apartment buildings which is a real eye sore
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

From the pictures I was not expecting this Holiday Inn to be that great. When we arrived, I was pleasantly surprised. First of all this Holiday Inn takes security very seriously and checks all baggage and people coming into the building. Some people might be put off by this, but I certainly appreciated the added layer of protection. Once inside the Holiday Inn it was a vast difference from the area that surrounds it. The lobby was beautiful and clean. The front desk staff were extremely pleasant and helpful.

We were a group of nine and we all enjoyed a light lunch in the restaurant, which had a wide selection of food for everyone's taste. Latter in the evening we all went back to the restaurant for the seafood buffet - it was great!!. The service and food in the restaurant was really good!

There is a roof top pool at this Holiday Inn and even though we did not swim the view of Mumbai from up there was phenomenal. Some of the people in our group went to the spa, but they weren't too impressed by the service. However, the gym was a great bonus.

The rooms at this Holiday Inn were extremely nice. They were clean and well maintained. The bathroom, shower, etc were very modern and included amenities one would expect to find (hair dryer, toothpaste, shampoo, etc). This Holiday Inn is definitely one of the nicer ones that I have stayed at.

LOCATION - If you need to be near the international airport this is the place to stay. We had a 4am flight and left the hotel around 2am, it took about 15 minutes to get there. However, when we landed in Mumbai at the domestic airport that cars that we had arranged to pick us up though the hotel fell through (we needed three cars and they only sent one). The man from the Holiday Inn who met us at the airport was very honest with us and advised us to get the pre-paid cabs. The hotel would have charged us 1000 rupees per car and with the pre-paid cabs we ended up paying 900 rupees for three cars total.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Iszie
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

Holiday Inn is located in the hustle bustle of ever so busy Saki Naka Junction, Andheri but once you step into the Hotel, you find yoursel in a different world altogether, serene yet lively.

The 'Service DNA' of Holiday Inn group can be clearly seen & truly experienced in the service rendered by each one of them at the hotel from valets to bell desk to front office to housekeeping to F&B service guys, its indeed a delight.

Rooms are spacious & equipped with amenities as modern as you can get in any luxury hotel. Food is fabulous, specially Thai Red Curry & Saptami Vada Burger is to die for. Buffet spread in Breakfast / Dinner is vast & has the capability of tantalizing everyone's taste palates.

Hotel's location has its merits & demerits both, its very conveniently located to commute across Mumbai but the proximity & nearby area is covered by small time market & shops making it lose its sheen a bit. Overall, an excellent business hotel & there is no doubt that i would again go & stay there when i visit Mumbai next. Thumbs Up !!!!!

Room Tip: Higher the floor, lesser the noise !!!
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank KamleshMelwani
HolidayInnMumbai, General Manager at Holiday Inn Mumbai International Airport, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
We are happy to note that you've had a pleasant stay with us and we take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time in sharing your feedback. Your comments have been shared with the team and they are very happy to receive the appreciation from you. It is messages like these that encourage our staffs to do more.

Best regards