“Very good customer service and very helpful management” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Mumbai International Airport

Holiday Inn Mumbai International Airport
Ranked #35 of 440 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Very good customer service and very helpful management”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

I had organized a party for 40 guests here for my dad's 60th birthday. The food and beverages manager was very forthcoming to my request for earmarking a section for our party. The arrangement of the food was also customized to ensure that our guests who were all vegetarian and mostly elders did not get confused with veg and non-veg options. The staff also served some of the dishes on the table for elders despite it being a buffet. The manager is extremely friendly and courteous.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank SidharthNegandhi
HarryThaliwal, General Manager at Holiday Inn Mumbai International Airport, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We are glad that you've had a great experience at the Holiday Inn Mumbai. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Oppenheimer Pinto e Fernandez

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

Mumbai is a culture shock for anyone, even coming from a lesser developed country like mine. I thought because there is some 'slum' situations in my own country, I would be able to handle this one... but no. It's quite a different world altogether and the Holiday Inn, although bizarrely planted in the middle of mayhem and slums, is a welcome break. I felt like hiding on my first visit there and in India... so it was a comfort to find plush carpets and a swimming pool, and great service to top it all. I was pleased to be offered breakfast for some cockup on my booking that I didn't even complain about... I just didn't think it was an issue and was over the moon when the duty manager called me to say "Sorry for the trouble ma'am... so breakfast will be on us.." Yaay! It's a boon when you're in the dumps and thinking whether travelling alone to India was such a good idea after all... and I do say the amenities, great food choice and excellent general service made the Mumbai shocker a little less bitter. My only frown is with regards to wifi: it should be free at least in the lobby or business area and definitely for more than fifteen minutes! For a hotel that class and that standard, the paid wifi is a bit of a letdown. But otherwise awesome.

Room Tip: I am not sure any type of 'view' is worth it in that part of Mumbai... as all there is aroun...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Arabella S
HolidayInnMumbai, General Manager at Holiday Inn Mumbai International Airport, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are glad to note that you've had a comfortable stay at the Holiday Inn Mumbai. We value your suggestion in regards to offering free internet services however please note that we do offer free internet services to all our guests who book the executive room category. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

This hotel is new with all the amenities you would expect. Both the breakfast and the evening buffet is excellent with a good selection. The only downside is the traffic just outside the hotel. If you have to travel any distance from the hotel prepare for a long frustrating ride although it's very close to the hotel.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the upper floors - even numbers - they have a better view.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank meb91
We are happy to note that you've had a pleasant stay with us and we take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time in sharing your feedback. As you may have seen, there is a lot of infrastructure development work taking place in the North of Mumbai and this to a great extent, has impacted the traffic conditions in the area. With the new metro project that is expected to be completed by the begining of next year, we are positive that the traffic conditions will improve. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Calcutta, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

On my second stay here on 7th evening. Very late check-in at night, but found smiling & courteous front office ready as ever. Location wise very good, very near to my office, also they put in pickup & drop from office as a freebie. it added to the charm. Rooms clean with excellent furnishings. Special mention - pillows! you will be spoilt on pillows. The LCD TV also is movable on its hinge, something that is not found in most of the other hotels. This means that a lot of thought has gone into the interior designing & comfort level of the rooms, and it shows. I missed a bathtub though, some warm soaking needed sometimes. The rain shower is a welcome though. Complimentary drinking water could have been more. I had to use two mineral water bottles from the minibar and they are too expensive. Morning breakfast spread is good. Not much Indian choices though. Looks like the inclination is towards continental. Anyway, for a one night stay & at the price - it's the best option by miles.

Room Tip: Try the rooms nearer to the central lift, otherwise you have to walk a mile to get to your room.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank SGangopadhyay
Thank you for your feedback and above all for appreciating the hotels product and services. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service to our guests and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to serve you better. We are happy to inform you that we also have rooms with bathtubs but as these are limited in inventory, we provide these to our guests only on request. We would also like to thank you for your feedback on the breakfast spread. Your comments have been shared with our chefs and we will surely look at further opportunities to improve the Indian menu composition. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Bengaluru, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

It was a brief stopover in Mumbai & someone suggested about this hotel & i decided to stay for the night. The booking was done over the net & surprisingly i got a good discount.
The hotel being situated right on the Saki Naka junction was a nightmare to cross & enter because of the very busy road & Metro construction work going on, however once i entered the premisise the humdrum was long gone... & i was welcomed with smiling faces.
The rooms were very clean, comfortable & if i might use the word- Cosy. The room service is very good & timely. The loos clean & the rooftop pool takes the cake!
One downside was that the window of my room opened upto a residential building & i could see their living room & im sure vice versa!
The food, i have to say is Excellent!! the Buffet spread was amazing with an equally awesome dessert spread! If you are lucky enough to have the street food counter in the buffet, donot miss it for the world!
An overall a very satisfying experience.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Secondcomming
Thank you for sharing your feedback. It is very thoughtful of you to convey your satisfaction for the services rendered by Holiday Inn Mumbai. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Los Angeles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

The Holiday Inn Mumbai is located in Saki Naka junction, an extremely busy intersection. Traffic is usually a nightmare and god forbid if it rains. But, if you are in town for work, you would be pretty close to most commercial hubs so this would be a very conveneint place to stay. This Holiday Inn is by far the nicest one I have been to. In comparison, the Holiday Inn's in the US rank slightly higher than a Motel in terms of looks and appeal. This one however, is about 2 years old, contemporary, nicely designed with large open spaces, has an airy feel, is extremely clean and well priced.

A cab from the airport (prepaid) will cost you between Rs 150 to 200. Check in was quick, and there were plenty of folks behind the desk to help out people. I was welcomed as a Platinum member, was upgraded to a suite and given a 25$ spending certificate as a appreciation for staying with them which was really nice. It was for use on anything excpet the room rate. Breakfast was also provided for 2, as was access to the lounge and cocktail hour.

I was shown up to my room (640) which is a suite. Its a very large room with an intergrated seating area, one king bed, and an extremely large bathroom. The bathroom is about as large as the rest of the room with a full shower and a tub. The room was very comfortable, large floor to ceiling windows though the view is sort of terrible since it over looks a lot of slums and the metro that is under construction. I am not sure why, but the air con controls were locked and you could not play with them other than switch it on or off. It was locked at 18 degrees and you could not change the air speed or the temperature. That was very annoying. Also, it never actually came close to hitting 18 despite being on all day. The lowest it ever got was 20.5. The floor (at least the 6th) has a bad smell to it. Like the floor has been flooded and the carpets never dried out. Luckily this smell doesnt carry into the room so you wont notice until unless you are walking from the elevators to rooms etc.

The wifi here is also poor. Wifi connectivity is quick, if you can get a signal. Most of the time in the room I was able to only get 1 bar, sometimes two, never 3. I did get 3 in the common areas but it was annoying to have to go down to a common area anytime I wanted access to a quick internet. Please upgrade signal strength in the rooms. Service in the hotel is otherwise good. Breakfast was ok, nothing phenomenal, but unlike other hotels, they at least make the pancakes/french toast/waffles to order which is extremely fresh and yum. The other live stations are for eggs and dosas. The juice selection is a bit limited. The food is good over all, and even if you have to pay for breakfast, its much much cheaper than most hotels at about Rs 550. The one gripe I had, was that no matter where I had the coffee (At breakfast or at the lounge) it was simply terrible. I was here for a 2 night stay and tried the coffee multiple times and it was always awful.

The pool on the roof caught me by surprise. It is an infinity pool on the roof with pretty awesome views. SInce you are in the pool you cant really see the slums, yet you can see the neighbouring Powai and some of the hills and mountains and its a pretty great view. A nice place to relax in the afternoon, and probably the best pool I have been to in any hotel in Bombay with the exception of the JW Marriott. The room also has plenty of plugs (in multiple plug standards) and one by the bedside. It amazes me how most hotels miss this. Isnt it obvious you might need something by the bedside? Luckily the Holiday Inn takes care of this.

On the whole I had a very comfortable stay here. The staff were great and the issues I had were minor. I do hope they get around to fixing those though coz this could be a really good place to stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank sandyjb83
Many thanks for sharing your feedback with us. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodation and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. Your concerns have been shared with the entire team and we will take all the necessary steps to continuously improve our product and services. We look forward to welcoming you during your next visit to Mumbai.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012 via mobile

I have chosen this hotel as preferred accomodation during my business trips in India. Good service and environement. Rooms good and well serviced. Prefect for business and for functions. Breakfast and restaurant not at the same level of the hotel. Menu to be improved and not many choices. In general one of the best in the area at a reasonable price.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We have made a note of your comments and shall try our best to further improve the variety offered at our breakfast buffet. We look forward to welcoming you back.