“Scenic Beach hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Novotel Mumbai Juhu Beach

Novotel Mumbai Juhu Beach
Ranked #75 of 441 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Navi Mumbai, India
“Scenic Beach hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

Stayed here with colleagues for Annual Business Meet on 17-18th May 2013. Beautiful location with spectacular view of Juhu Beach. Food was good and pool was nice to sit by. One of the drawbacks seem to be non smoking rooms and old style wired internet connections in the room. It has beautiful seaside eating place and absolute must visit for romantic candle light dinner with loved one! Recommended!

Room Tip: Sea side rooms have beautiful sea view
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Novotel Mumbai J, Director of Sales at Novotel Mumbai Juhu Beach, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Rahul,

We sincerely thank your for your feedback and recommending our Hotel.

We are delighted to know that you had a comfortable stay. It gives us much joy in knowing that you liked the idyllic location of our hotel, which is just a stroll away from the beach and promises spectacular views of the Arabian Sea from most of the rooms and restaurants, the service extended by our staff and the food served in our restaurants.

We look forward to welcome you again at Novotel Mumbai Juhu Beach!

Director of Sales & Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (450)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
mumbai
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

Went to novotel for dinner , awesome view , a pool to sit by next to juhu beach , the location is best to visit for a long romantic dinner date or even for a family treat .
Food is great , specially the italian menu is perfect ,mocktails are perfect to go with it .
hospitality is great.
the only disadvantage is if you are going only for dinner and planning to eat late there closing time is 11 .30 .

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

We sincerely thank your for your feedback.

We are happy that you enjoyed our lovely idyllic location and the gorgeous views of the sunset on the Arabian Sea from all of our restaurants.

It gives us immense pleasure to know that you liked the services extended by our staff and the food & beverage options offered at our restaurants.

We thank you for your feedback about the timing, it has been noted and forwarded to the concerned department. We always value the opportunities, which enable us to enhance the quality of our products and services.

We look forward to welcome you again at Novotel Mumbai Juhu Beach.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2013

Firstly I was a little let down during the bookings itself, I had dropped a couple of mails to the email id provided for reservations also voice mails on the telephone numbers, but till date no response. Finally logged on to the website and got my bookings done. There was some error in the bookings, for which I had called up the Hotel directly. Though the error was sorted, but the lady at the reservations was not very cordial and warm.

Also a couple of other issues...

1. House Keeping is very slow... you call for something it takes a lot of time.
2. When they clean adjacent / opposite rooms, they bang the doors and not close them... too much of noise.
3. Also they did not come to make the bed at night, which is practiced by all hotels.
4. The team at the reception for sure needs more help, I feel they are over worked... it took us more than 40 mins to check out, because there was a huge rush at the counters and not enough people to handle.
5. Our washbasin tap was swinging.

But there were a lot of positives as well...
1. The room was excellent and great sea view.
2. Food @ The Square & Samphan very nice.
3. Team at the Reception, The Square & Samphan very warm and cordial.

Overall we had a good stay, but for sure there is huge scope of improvement !!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

1 Thank SumitPriya
Novotel Mumbai J, Director of Sales at Novotel Mumbai Juhu Beach, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

Warm greetings from Novotel Mumbai Juhu Beach!

Thank you for your feedback.

We are concerned to hear that you faced challenges with delay in reservation process and house keeping service; these do not represent the quality we strive for at our hotel. Your comments have been highlighted to the concerned departments and we would take swift action to avoid similar occurrences in future.

We thank you for giving credit to our front office and restaurants staff, food and gorgeous views of the Arabian Sea from our hotel.

We once again deeply regret the inconvenience caused and request you to treat this incident in isolation and consider visiting our beautiful property during your next visit to Mumbai and give us an opportunity to welcome you.

North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

Booked hotel thru Novatel website. I used a link that offered a 20% discount.

Now hotel staff in Mumbai states they will not pick up or drop off to the airport. The Internet will also cost additional.

Why offer a 20% discount just to not offer regular services. I am staying for business for 8 days. You would think a ride from the airport should be included.

Stayed June 2013
Dear Guest,

Warm greetings from Novotel Mumbai Juhu Beach!

First of all we would like to thank for staying with us and writing us a feedback.

The Wi-fi is free for our resident guests, at a speed of 256 KBPS and 5 MBPS depending upon the room category. Additionally, we have Apple corner in the lobby to provide free-internet access for 30 minutes to all our guests. Whereas, airport pick-up and drop was not a part of the room booking package of 1 Re Breakfast program, as we had a host of other benefits and prizes planned for our guests under this campaign.

Novotel Mumbai Juhu Beach values your view and opinion and we thank you for sharing it with us. However, I would like to clarify that at Novotel Mumbai Juhu Beach we don’t comprise with service when it comes to our guests’ satisfaction. Unfortunately on this occasion we couldn't meet your expectations.

We once again deeply regret the inconvenience caused and request you to treat this incident in isolation and consider visiting our beautiful property during your next visit to Mumbai and give us an opportunity to welcome you back so that we can regain your confidence.

New Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

Had a stay in this hotel. Was a nice stay, view from room is very nice. Had a nice time at the seashore restaurant. Minimum spend for one person is Rs. 1000. Ww had prawns and fish and the quality of the food was good.

Rooms were spacious and well furnished.

Night Restaurant was having very limited options.

Namaste from Novotel Mumbai Juhu Beach!

We appreciate the time you have dedicated in providing this encouraging feedback and recommending our hotel.

You are correct in saying that we have a cover charge at Gadda Da Vida ( Sea Lounge) however this is solely applicable for walk-in guests on weekends only. This is to ensure that our residential guests are always made available seating to enjoy their drinks and the gorgeous views from Gadda Da Vida, Mumbai’s most admired and visited sunset point destination.

We are pleased to know that you had a comfortable stay. It gives us much joy in knowing that you liked the idyllic location of our hotel, which is just a stroll away from the beach and promises spectacular views of the Arabian Sea from most of the rooms and restaurants, the service extended by our staff and the food served in our restaurants.

We look forward to welcome you at Novotel again!

Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

This is the first time I have written a review, I have travelled extensively with my work which is “product sourcing”, I love my job and even more so when I experience memorable moments that I will share when I return home, exchanging stories with friends and family.

I stayed for just six nights at Novotel Mumbai and have now returned back to the UK, I have had a couple of days to reflect so here I am on Tripadvisor sharing the fantastic experience I had at Novotel in Mumbia’s Juhu Beach.

My view is when you take time to speak and get to know people this brings constructive rewards. I was greeted by a Sikh guy at reception by the name of "Bal" the warmth I received is normally the reserve of much smaller boutique hotels. This guy Bal took personal ownership of the situation and provided excellent customer service.

1] Bal helped by checking me in much earlier than the scheduled check in time so I could get a much needed shower and some sleep for my red rimmed eyes.

2] Upgraded me on arrival and Bal took time to explain in detail the many hidden benefits of upgrade..

Novotel Mumbai is located approximately a 30 minute taxi ride from Mumbai Airport, the geographical distance is quite short but it’s the Mumbai traffic that hinders the journey.

Within a minutes walk of the hotel there are local shops and the hotel is a mere 5 minutes walk to another international brand "Costa Coffee". With mentioning Costa Coffee, this is no way a reflection on the quality of coffee served at Novotel and in any case I had a hot chocolate at Costa, which was fantastic, the mention of Costa is purely that it’s there. In fact the breakfast at the Novotel is of a good quality with plenty of choice.

Anyway during our stay we walked the entire length of the beach on several occasions, the beach has an evolving dynamic charm, from the early morning joggers/walkers to enthusiastic children playing playground games to the vibrant night entertainment and whole families enjoying the sunset. Watching over everyone is the local Mumbai Police that patrol this area and fortuitously the Police Station is positioned adjacent to the Novotel. The hotels own security is efficient and welcoming.

Novotel is well situated for good scenic views and as the sun sets over the Indian Ocean, Novotel Mumbai is able to create the right mood in all it’s grounds of outdoor space, this hotel has good design and lends itself well to host business meetings, romantic nights and family vacations [ The bar in particularly is a place to be seen. ] This hotel has the ability to be the right setting for a whole host of functions.

The staff are friendly and I am privileged to write a few words about a couple of them-
Of particular note is a young lady by the name of Assumption, an unfamiliar name to me so I had to Google the meaning- [Italian name], Assumption (of the virgin Mary) this young lady is as sharp as a needle and able to read situations well. Almost like reading your mind and able to cultivate an understanding of your situation and help progress a solution that makes you feel special.

This all sounds a bit opaque so let me provide further and better information. After initially booking the room on the official Novotel website at a fantastic weekend rate for 3 nights, my company then decided they required me to stay for an extra few nights in Mumbai but when I received this information from the UK it was already the small hours in Mumbai and I was supposed to be checking out that morning. I approached the reception desk at silly o'clock to secure the room for the extra nights, there needed to be some careful juggling- In situations like this I am fair but firm and can sometimes appear to be difficult with an aggressive attitude and a little bit arrogant. It was late, I was very tired and I accept I was difficult that night [My sincere apologies] but the professional and cogent way the staff helped was excellent.

Assumption, powered by her knowledge of the importance of the hotels integrated customer services policy made it her business to ask about issues we had and to use her sphere of influence to help the hotels customer service team deliver the best service to us. All in all Novotel Mumbai has a well oiled, fine tuned and integrated customer relations team.

Another beautiful young lady by the name of Bindu, I’m not entirely sure of her official position within the restaurant team but she is on the short list of people which I believe the caption below describes far better than anything I can write- The Theory of Moral Sentiments (1759): “How selfish soever man may be supposed, there are evidently some principles in his nature, which interest him in the fortune of others, and render their happiness necessary to him, though he derives nothing from it except the pleasure of seeing it.”

And Bal at reception, what can I say, you exceeding all my expectations of good service.My late grandfather from Punjab [Northern India] had a saying- “You can’t buy good people, they’re just not for sale” Novotel may be a massive corporation but it’s the fantastic staff that makes me want to visit and book a room at Novotel Mumbai for my next visit to India, the Novotel Corporation can buy the building but cant’t buy good people like Assumption, Bal and Bindi, they’re just not for sale.. Novotel is privileged to have such good people, well done Novotel for having fantastic caring staff….

Namaste from Novotel Mumbai Juhu Beach!

We appreciate the time you have dedicated in providing this encouraging feedback and giving credit to our staff!

We are really pleased to know that you were satisfied with the services and facilities offered to you during your stay and that we managed to live up to your expectations.

Your kind words have been passed to our team and in particular Assumption, Bindu and Balraj ('Bal'). This will certainly motivate them and us all to keep up the good work.

We look forward to welcoming you again.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

It is a very good hotel with nice restaurants and view. The reception is speedy which is a good thing. Got my room in 3 minutes.
The staff are however, very slow. It took them 4 calls and 30 minutes to get a match box to my room. Indoor dining service is very good.
I will definitely be back in this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Namaste from Novotel Mumbai Juhu Beach!

We would like to thank you for choosing our hotel as your accommodation during your recent visit to Mumbai and providing a feedback on Tripadvisor.

We are concerned to hear that you faced a challenge with undue delays. I have highlighted your comment to the concerned department and introduced measures over this matter to ensure it does not happen again and would request you to treat this incident in isolation as this is not typical of the otherwise high standards we aim to achieve in serving our guests.

On a positive note, we are happy to know that you enjoyed like our ambiance and idyllic location, and service extended by our front office staff.

We look forward to welcome you again at Novotel Mumbai!