“Awesome Holiday in Mumbai”

Novotel Mumbai Juhu Beach
Ranked #76 of 448 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Panjim, India
“Awesome Holiday in Mumbai”
Reviewed April 22, 2011

We checked in on the 13th of April 2011 and had a wonderful time at Novotel Mumbai Juhu Beach.
The Rooms are very spacious and give a feeling of endless space with the glass walls concept. Our two young kids one aged 7 and the other aged 2 had a blast, they were welcomed by the novotel reception staff with toys and stuffed toys, and we were more than happy to see a "City/ Business Hotel" having such a thoughtful approach to the kids. I must make a special mention of the Front Office Manager Mr. Anant Leekha, who ensured that our check in process was smooth and actually ensured we got a room in less than 10 minutes flat.
The food at the Square (thats the restaurant) was Awesome, with a buffet spread like no other with delicious varieties of food for adults and children alike.
The rooms were kept spotlessly clean by the housekeeping team and any room service request either from housekeeping of F&B took less than 10-12 minutes to deliver.
Must make a mention of Mr. Vikranth Usgaonkar, who made my stay a even memorable one with his kind gesture that made my holiday!!
A Great Team in A Great Hotel , I would reccommend it wholeheartedly!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (462)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 31, 2011

I spent four nights there and was moved from the first room I had as the toilet wouldn't flush which was a bit embarrassing as I was ill with a stomach upset, but they gave me another room so I was much happier then. It was an upgrade too with a better view of the sea. I wasn't expecting this, but I did need a toilet that flushed. They have very modern bathrooms but sometimes plumbing can look good but not work.

It's a business hotel but everyone was really polite although I found it a bit difficult getting round. There is a small market near the hotel and an airconditioned mall about ten minutes walk away. Most people go by taxi or autorickshaw everywhere.

I liked the public beach which you could walk to in about two minutes. People run along it and play ball games.

there are lovely sunsets across the arabian sea in the evenings. In March the sea breezes make it much easier to deal with the heat than if you stay in central Mumbai.

Room Tip: It's has a relaxing atmosphere by the pool
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Molennium
NovotelMumbai, Director of Sales at Novotel Mumbai Juhu Beach, responded to this review, April 16, 2011
Greetings from Novotel Mumbai Juhu Beach!

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We sincerely believe that all comments and feedbacks help us grow better and make us achieve our endeavour to provide a memorable experience to all our guests and achieve a 100% satisfaction level.

I appreciate the time you have taken out to provide this feedback and are happy to know that you like our hotel.

We look forward to have you with us again and promise be your 'home' away from home, in Mumbai.

Warm regards,
Amrita Gujral-Sachdev
AHMEDABAD
Reviewed March 24, 2011

Best of this hotel is location

It is on the beach and you can enjoy your evening on beach side bar and poll

Location is perfect and have a good view form almost all room
You can enjoy food at restaurant serving all type of veg and non /veg food

Naimish

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Arnhem, The Netherlands
Reviewed March 16, 2011

We had a fantastic time in Novotel. Beautiful rooms, nice view on the sea and a fantastic swimmingpool. The food was good , breakfast was excellent. You can walk on the strand anytime you want and it is not crowded. The staff was very friendly. We will stay again in Novotel when we go to Mumbai.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
New Delhi, India
Reviewed March 14, 2011

Highlighting the issues with this hotel is the easier bit so let me start on a bright note. For anyone travelling to Mumbai, the sight of a beach on the footsteps of the hotel is a novelty and staying here allows you the luxury of appreciating it in different hues. The pool area and the extension of the gardens is a lovely setting and you might be tempted to recline on the comfortable cane mini-beds that they have lined across to enjoy the night breeze, just like I did.

The approach to this hotel is not the brightest and the hotel lobby doesn’t carry any opulence. The rooms are newly constructed and exhibit the latest fixtures which provide an endearing feel to the atmosphere. I found the bathroom to be cramped for space and elbows often hustle around the walls as you stand next to the basin. Through smart architecture, they have brought the beach view to every room in the hotel, no matter how minuscule it may be, depending on which floor and how far farther away your room is located.

I stayed in the hotel for 2 nights for a business conference and when that happens, you tend to have every single meal at the hotel and it actually disappointed me with the lack of variety in their offered cuisine. For starters, all the dishes were routinely repeated throughout my stay. There was interminable wait that I had to endure if I wanted a hot Indian bread to go with my meal. The sweet dish tires itself out after the first helping and I couldn’t bring myself to look that way from second meal onwards.

I didn’t pick any particular issue with the standard of service at the hotel although I do need to mention that my room’s coffee maker was not working but upon bringing it to the attention of the housekeeping staff, they changed it fairly quickly. We were in their business conference center for day long meetings and to our immense disappointment, heavy doses of loud music started playing from the corridor from 5 in the evening under the pretext of an event for a media company and the hotel staff did nothing to mitigate the noise as courtesy to other companies occupying the adjacent conference rooms.

As a parting thought, I found the reception staff to be stressed although it was not because of lack of personnel. Perhaps too many trainees were asked to man the desk which was increasing the turnaround time to the waiting guests not to mention the fraying tempers.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Greetings from Novotel Mumbai Juhu Beach!

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We sincerely believe that all comments and feedbacks are to be taken constructively as they will make us grow better everyday and help us achieve our endeavour to provide a memorable experience to all our guests and achieve a 100% satisfaction level.

I appreciate the time you have taken out to provide this feedback and assure you that it has been taken up seriously with the team and we promise to make your forthcoming trips satisfactory and be your 'home' away from home, in Mumbai.

Warm regards,