“Falafel's in Colaba”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Falafel's Veg Hummus House
Ranked #3,449 of 14,536 Restaurants in Mumbai (Bombay)
Cuisines: Lebanese
Vermont
“Falafel's in Colaba”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

We ate at Falafel's in Colaba when we wanted a very quick meal at an early hour.

The place was quite empty, but they were in the midst of filling a large take-out order for a waiting family. The family saw our impatience with the lack of attention we were receiving from any of the several members of the prep staff behind the counter. The family let us make our order and have it filled before the staff finished preparing their order. We were most appreciative for their thoughtfulness.

Even so, our food was slow to arrive, but it was cooked to order and very hot. The falafel was quite good, but the pita was too tough. The hummus was not memorable.

Visited January 2013

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
“A Nice place for a quick bite :)”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Healthy and yummy , i always like there olympian Pita Pocket, Its a quick bite place, for take away or a small have it there counter.
Also they have a home delivery till 12pm so it rocks to help with late night cravings.

Visited January 2013
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“not for a guy”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

not for a guy who really knows what falafel looks like and tastes like

Visited June 2012
New Delhi, India
“Good ingredients but bad preparation”
Reviewed February 5, 2012

First of all, let me state that I did not visit the one at Hill Road but the one in Colaba, near Gateway of India.

The restaurant looked pretty clean (very unlikely in Mumbai - Sarcastic only!) and hygienic so I was quite impressed when I entered and then things went downhill from there.

I ordered the pita pocket with a diet pepsi and the moment I started eating, I was all over the place. I hated the sandwich and it was most pathetically made sandwich I had ever eaten. It was filled with so much pickle, hot sauce and unwanted stuff that I screamed at myself why did I come to this restaurant.

The staff was very unprofessional - they prepared the entire sandwich in front of me but never asked what I wanted. They were putting all the stuff they had in their racks so fast that I thought they were confident of their preparation but people just love whatever they prepare - honestly, it was the crappiest sandwich I have eaten in a while. I regret not going to Mocha and eating some good sandwiches there.

I left half of my food and when I went to the manager and ask him to check customer's preferences from next time. I paid the bill and left out with a swear that I am not visiting this place again!

• Visited February 2012
“Good food, nice for a taste of the familiar!”
Reviewed June 6, 2011

A good place to go if you need a change from indian food. The food was tasty, quick and good value. This is a fast-food joint and the atmosphere and ambiance reflect this.

3 Thank Catstravels81