“An amusing experience”

Hotel Arma Executive
Ranked #431 of 453 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Reviewed April 12, 2012

We booked this hotel at the last minute as we had a ten hour gap between domestic and international flights. I found the whole experience amusing from the crazy drive to the hotel from the domestic terminal, laid on by the hotel. The pick up wasn't planned with the hotel but we managed to find them with help from a budget hotel stand at airport (small tip of course). The hotel sits on the edge of the slum, check in all very odd, shown to our room which overlooked the slum. Room very dirty (chose not to have a shower) with lots of flies hovering. I have to say the porters were very helpful and went to buy us beers and snacks as we didnt feel very confident to eave the hotel due to the location. It is very close to airport (planes land just to the side of it) but feels a million miles away. All in all this served its purpose for our stay and was interesting to watch life in the slums from the windows (which I did for most of our stay). The complimentary taxi back to the airport wasn't free as stated but they organised it and it came on time, we payed the hotel 300 and
tipped thr driver 200 which is a lot considering they say it's not even 1km from the airport. I would not want to stay in this hotel overnight but might consider it just for the experience if I needed for the same purpose.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Paul T

Reviewed March 16, 2012

I stayed here in January - well was supposed to stay here in January between flights! On arrival, we were informed that there was an issue with our booking and we could not stay but we were assured they had checked us into another "very good" hotel. One of the hotel staff took us to the hotel they had chosen for us, which was in the shadiest looking place I've ever seen. To get there the taxi went into a dark side street, we were taken up an alley and in through a door way that had a shutter jammed at chest height. As a young female travelling with a friend I can't say I wasn't terrified! The room that we were left in had extremely dangerous looking electrics (which sparked and buzzed periodically), the food was awful and there was only one bed! I still to this date don't know where it was they dumped us and thankfully we did get to the airport on time the next day but it was an ordeal I would not wish upon anybody! Especially not two girls aged 20/21. Book another hotel! You have been warned!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank cmarcol673
Reviewed January 27, 2012

I have stayed in this hotel for 4 hours as I had some waiting between my domestic and international flight. I have been living in India for the last 6 months so I have a general idea of what to expect when it comes to hygiene etc . Firstly my free airport pick up delayed for 40 min. I arrived at the hotel, it took to the guy at the reception 20 min to check me in! no other customer was there by the way! I went into the room which was in very bad condition and not really clean! . Toilet seat was completely broken. No bath towel (i was not going to used it any way after the hygiene standards that i have seen) and no hot water either. There was no toilet paper and i had to request one. I took a nap for a while and i requested a wake up call and a taxi . They never wake me up . I woke up by my self, went down the ''receptionist'' was sleeping on the couch and a taxi was never booked for me and I had to wait 10 more minutes to get one! I have stayed in few hotels in India until now that was by far the worst experience i had in a hotel and by India prices its not cheap either!

Room Tip: do not stay here
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Marios K
Reviewed August 5, 2011

A budget hotel in the middle of no where. Located inside the slums of Mumbai just 300-500mtrs away the Airport Runway. So if you like to see and hear the flights day nd night do drop in. The room service is good even though they get the food from another restaurant nearby. Do order your food early enough since it will take time to come. surrounding are not good. It is the slum and do not expect much.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank janlal
Reviewed June 28, 2011

We selected this hotel for a short stop (were needed to get up at 3 AM) between flights.

The room was dirty and noisy, there was no elevator, the air conditioning worked badly, and we were greeted by a family of cockroaches when when entered our room.

Recommended if you're masochistic or if you love insects.

Room Tip: Don't go!
  • Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rro2005MAD
Reviewed March 10, 2011

Poor Service, Absolute useless staff, cheated about free drop to airport, had to argue a lot on the agreed rate in the absence of manager for check out who had given a discount butnot informed hisstaff, rude behaviour of staff, very interior location, not advisable for a business traveller, even in a short span of one night my experience in this place was the worst ever

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank SadiqueAhmed
Reviewed February 13, 2011

basic hotel- quite bad surroundings. difficult to get a cab in the morning to go to the air port.
Wifi was free, no dining options though troom service can get you food. rooms rather small but quite clean- for Mumbai standards I think its OIK. For a night its alright coming from the airport or just before catching a flight. However not easy to get there- make sure you get the hotel phone number and ask them to pick up.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business