“Very rude & embarassing experience”
Review of Sampoorna Hotel

and 1 more site!
Sampoorna Hotel
Ranked #300 of 454 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Very rude & embarassing experience”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

I had booked two rooms here for two nights for guests coming for my wedding
The rooms were booked a month in advance & had told the hotel that post advance payment would be done by me on the checkout date. Considering these were for my guests coming for my wedding, the payment had to be made by me and not the guests. The night previous to checkout, the reception started pestering my guests for payment. It was almost midnight and my wedding eve. They almost forced my guests to pay, before I had to intervene and asked them not to. They went to a point of telling me that they would not allow my guests to check out, even after telling them that my guests had an early morning train to catch and I will personally be there with the rest of the payment in cash before 12 noon, which was their checkout time.
I had to finally request my relative to rush at that hour of the night to make the payments.
Imagine what impression my guests carried along.
Having a hospitality bacground myself, I am apalled with the way the reception staff spoke. As the name suggests, hospitality industry is about customer experience and this kind of behaviour categorically says that Sampoorna is nothing but a roadside lodge, bothered only with money and giving a damn to customer retention.

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank bakshi d
deekshashetty, Managing Director at Sampoorna Hotel, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Dear Mr Bakshi,

While I have personally looked into your grievance, it has come to my attention that you wanted your guests to check out since they had an early morning train. Since you have mentioned that you are from the hospitality industry, you would be aware that all domestic and international hotels have a policy of advance payment and bills to be settled prior to check out of guests from the hotel and not prior to the hotel check out time as mentioned by you. It would be inappropriate of your kindself to have the guest check out and expect our staff to allow the payment to be collected anytime later. Bill settlement prior to check out is a common procedure across all hotels of all categories.

I hope you would accept these terms and also my personal appologies if it upset you in anyway. We would appreciate your cooperation in this matter and assuring you of our best services at all times.

Deeksha Shetty (M.D)
Sampoorna Hotels Pvt Ltd.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Ajmer, India
Reviewed August 4, 2013

On my first visit to Mumbai i had to stay at Sampoorna, I say 'had' due to the fact that rooms had been booked in advance by our company and we had no choice. At first glance rooms seemed a bit small but ok, however the problem set in the moment the AC was switched on. It was highly noisy. A couple of members of our team also experienced the same issue and had to be relocated to other rooms which were equally pathetic. The only good fact about Sampoorna is its location, the proximity to major Malls and the breakfast- i should admit the buffet was wonderful in variety and quality. Food which we ordered was pretty tasty. However the noisy AC and the exorbitant price forced us to vacate it in 2 days instead of the 5 which we had planned. Later we shifted to ISKCON Juhu. Most other members of our team relocated to other service apartments within 1 day.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Rajesh-Vizag
Calcutta, West Bengal, India
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Sampoorna is a essentially a Three Star property by popular word around however it is NOT EVEN CLOSE to being one....

However the THREE STAR qualities it has are...

1) location... excellent with its connectivity from the airport ( 45min auto)
2) The room CLEANLINESS.. albeit the size is a let down... Hell we are in Mumbai after all
3) Its food other than breakfast WHICH IS B O R I N G!!!

Good place to stay if u r a business traveler ...... strictly avoid if u r travelling as a family

Room Tip: Avoid the road facing rooms because the traffic din will give u sleepless nights
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Sumit_Pradhan
Netherlands
Reviewed July 7, 2013

The Sampoorna Hotel, in Malad. A 3 star hotel opposite of the Infinity Mall.
The location is great if you have to be in the area Malad (W), rickshas are always available and service is as expected. In the beginning we had some small issues as the first room 402 was super noisy, couldn't sleep due to traffic noise. Then we moved to another room were the save was not working so we had to move to another room, then we came to room 602 and in the beginning things were not great however after returning from dinner we got a new TV and everything was tip top! I stayed for 13 days and again i will come back on the 23rd. Keep in mind for the European or Western people booking this hotel, it is a real Indian hotel meaning yes the reception speaks English but housekeeping not so much. Also breakfast is full Indian, there is only some sliced bread with jam and butter. On request some plain yogurt is available. However again it is a fine hotel, and nothing more then expected, basic and clean.

Room Tip: If using the room just for sleeping an executive is fine.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank RoseArya
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I stayed at Sampoorna for two nights last week. The staff was cooperative and polite. Liked the food, the room service was prompt. The room was clean. The location is good. It is close to two shopping malls.

B.S.Shetty

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Santosh S
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Sampoorna hotel -very rightly named as it has all the qualities one of a good hotel. Well mannered and co-operative staff , hygenic rooms , food - you can totally relish. :). It's located at one of the main roads in Mumbai suburbs and is close to 2 of the major shopping hubs in western suburbs.
worth a stay!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Namrata_S_S
Baroda, Gujarat
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel yesterday on 09.04.2013 during my business trip.
Hotel is nice and clean for short stay. Complementary break fast was limited but ok.
Location of hotel is great and connected to main road.

Room Tip: Short trip
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business