“Soaked in Oil”
Review of Delhi Darbar

Delhi Darbar
Ranked #64 of 14,515 Restaurants in Mumbai (Bombay)
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Soaked in Oil”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Had gone to Delhi Darbar with my family a week back and the food is soaked in Oil. Its tasteless and really not worthy of the name it carries. Do avoid at all costs. This place had a huge reputation at one point of time but over the years has totally lost its taste.

• Visited September 2012

• Arabic first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
“Delicious, authentic and great service”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We went to Delhi Darbar twice when we were in Mumbai as we enjoyed it so much. The prices were very reasonable, the service was great and the food was some of the tastiest we had while in India. I would highly recommend a visit to this restaurant.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank happytravelling574
Cape Town Central, South Africa
“Good food at a good price”
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Start with a jeeroo lassi drink .Then indulge in butt chicken eaten with roomali roti. You will lick your fingers. Alternately try their bheju masala (brain masala) This looks like scrambilled egg, just more delicious. End off with one of a variety of deserts. The whole experience will not dent your pockets. The taste will linger in your mouth.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank fareed21
London
“BAD!”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I decided to eat here after seeing the tripAdviser certificate on their window. It was very disappointing. I ordered mixed Kabab Platter. The Kabab was very bad. There are a lot of other restaurants in Kolaba that serve much better Tandooris than this place. Their plates were really old and when they brought the Chatni/pickles it did not look clean. I am usually very easy going and can eat anywhere but this time it was not good at all. At the end we ordered Tea and GajarHalwa for Desert. After some waiting they served GajarHalwa and told me that my tea is on its way. After waiting for a few more minutes I called the waiter and asked about my Tea. At this time he told me that they don’t have good Milk so will not be able to serve me Tea. Had I known this in the first place I would not have ordered any desert as I hate eating sweets without Tea.

• Visited September 2012
Austin TX
“Great Food, Below Average Service”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I would have given Delhi Darbar a 5 Stars...but wait...

Pros:
Food is Amazing, very authentic and tasty. Nicely presented and served. The serving staff was nice. Appetizers (Tandoor) were very tasty. Main course was amazing and the Biryani was great. Overall, definitely, 5 Stars for the Food.

Cons:
Discriminate against Indians. My Brother and Cousin walked in and were told to sit in the Chair/table section as we were 4 of us. As soon as I walked in with my Gora (American) friend, the manager changed his tone and requested us to sit in the Sofa section. Really? wow? Of all places, Delhi Darbar should be the last one where such things happen. They see a steady flow of Foreigners all day long. I was very disappointed and as a small getting back, decided not to tip them at all. The guy who took our order messed up our orders. The half Tandoori Chicken order was changed to a full Tandori Chicken and my Naan to a greasy naan when I asked for No butter. No apology was offered, in fact the guy who took our order never showed up again. Overall, they need to up the people skills.

Discriminate against Indians is the last thing expected in a place like Delhi Darber. Very disappointing.

• Visited August 2012