“Scenic stay near Mumbai”
Review of Pali Beach Resort

Pali Beach Resort
Ranked #209 of 454 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
“Scenic stay near Mumbai”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I visited this resort in the month of Feb 2013. It is a nice location very near to Mumbai and although its inside bhayandar but easily accesible.I stayed with my wife for 2 nights in a deluxe senior room. It was a nice fresh room with good interiors. We did the booking in advance and so was a smooth running at the reception. The beach is opposite to the resort and you can take a walk there,food is also decent with good variety for non veg eating people.Overall a very nice experience and would plan to come back soon.

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank jayaarti

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
Delhi, Delhi, India
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Open Bar at night and 24 hr pool usage was best attraction. Nice view of the area was awe inspiring. Decent ambience. Foul smell of dried fishes, less bathroom accessories, cleanliness near pool area were not that good. Need to be more clean and organised. Very less staff compared to services and rooms provided

Room Tip: Cottage suite were best
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Sujay59
Thane
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I stayed at the Pali beach resort on 19th of Feb 2013. Went there with my family of 4 persons. We enjoyed the overall facilities and the room which was provided to us was very spacious on the 1st floor with a balcony,I guess they call it deluxe room for family. The pool area needs some renovation but no major issue as far as the safety goes. The sea food was superb since the uttan area is famous for fishes. Yes you will get some fish smell when you are there at the entrance but not inside area or in the room. Overall we are happy with staff and services. Planning to come back again in this may vacation. Anirudha :]

Room Tip: If family of 4 and above ask for the deluxe family room on the 1st floor. Couples room no idea but m...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
21 Thank anirudh90
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I stayed at this place from Jan 13th 2013 till Jan 15th. I had booked one of the newly constructed deluxe room on the 1st floor. Nice room with fresh atmosphere and mainly good washroom. The food too was nice since we are a non vegetarian family we loved the non veg dishes we had ordered { Chicken koliwada } for instance. Overall a very comfortable stay with decent hospitality.Would love to come back again soon.

Room Tip: Try to book a deluxe room on the 1st floor.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
12 Thank Nachi83
Cochin
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I chose Pali beach resort simply because it was cheap! But then I the cheapness is only with the price. The ambience, amenities, service, hospitality & courtesy are valued multi-folded to the price of the hotel. The room which I chose was a basic one - for approximately Rs. 1000/- the room was super standard. It was neatly arranged, clean linen and blanket (a bit of wear & tear), neat toilet and a good balcony. I couldn't use the water games since I checked in late and checked out early. But I could use the pool 24x7 (best part) and we were alone. The dogs might scare you but then they won't harm you at all. The food, especially sea food, was excellent. I had a Surumai Tawa Fry and I could feel the freshness oozing out.

It is quite a drive to reach this place (approx 38 km from Santa Cruz) - Rs. 300/- rikshaw drive or Rs. 700 Taxi Drive. The ten kilometre stretch just before the resort is an amazing sight in terms of the culture, people and settlement. The fishermen settled in this stretch are all catholics but with a different culture and tradition. They have a very small praying place (kind of chapel) in every 100-200m and their dressing are totally different. I was surprised to see so much Christ(s) in a small stretch. A settlement of this sort within the metro radius of Mumbai is unexpected!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

15 Thank Manas K
Reviewed February 21, 2013

the pool and water rides are not great, they are just kaam chlau, we went as a couple and we did not want to go to the water we just wanted spend some quality tym in peace and greenery, but there is simply nothing to do other than the pool. we had buffet breakfast which was pathetic, we barely had three pavs and tea and we were charged 200 extra for that. we also could not bear the fish smell in the area which is there till afternoon (2-3).
but the office staff is very friendly they realized that we were getting bored and offered us the room for some extra charge.. we took it bcoz fish smell was killing us, the room was just basic (clean). we liked the food provided in room service.

Room Tip: all are ok for their price
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
16 Thank Lavesh_Goyal

Travelers are raving about these Mumbai (Bombay) hotels

Reviewed February 15, 2013

I went there on 30th of December,2012 along with my wife & kid and one of my friends was also with us with his family.
I must say that it was the worst experince i ever had in my life, Dirty water in swimming pool with insects floating inside , Highly unhygienic food and place where foods were served, an odor fishy smell in and around the resort because fishermen use to dry fishes bang opposite the resort, Very rude staffs with no manner even how to talk to the customers. Simply i think they don't know any thing about cleanliness and Hygien.
I must say that Govt should do an inspection for quality check and should take an action against such kind of resorts where, these peopole even do not think about other peopole's health and do not maintain a good and hygien quality.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
16 Thank vishal304554
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mumbai (Bombay)
The Resort
#59 of 454 in Mumbai (Bombay)
Suvi Palace
#2 of 2 in Vasai
Gateway of India
Hotel Travellers Inn
Hotel Travellers Inn
#84 of 454 in Mumbai (Bombay)
Hotel Accord
#48 of 454 in Mumbai (Bombay)
The Retreat Hotel & Convention C...
#118 of 454 in Mumbai (Bombay)

Been to Pali Beach Resort? Share your experiences!