“soothen your appetite”
Review of Lotus Cafe

Lotus Cafe
Ranked #11 of 14,880 Restaurants in Mumbai
Cuisines: International
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Buffet, Reservations
Neighborhood: Juhu
Description: Lotus Cafe, named after its beautiful Lotus pond and operational round the clock, is well known in the city for its elaborate buffet spread-an excellent blend of international cuisine.
Reviewed September 12, 2013

amazing food with great spread and splendid display of food and beverages. a heaven for food lovers.

Pavithran_JWMM, General Manager at Lotus Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2015

My team and I are delighted that you enjoyed your meal with us.

Thank you for your kind feedback on your experience; it is wonderful to know that our spread was a highlight for you! It was a pleasure having you with us and we look forward to serving you again.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

I was ammazed with the overlooking view of arebian sea when we were walking down the steps from lobby to lotus cafe, I think that was the best view I had ever seen in all the hotels I have visited till now. Wide varieties of vegeterian and non vegeterian food choices on the buffet spread and live cooking stations were also very attractive and absolutely treat to the taste buds, staff working there was very friendly and attentive to their guests needs, it was truely a luxurious experience and justice to the price paid.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Great food, enjoyed their breakfast buffet. The food selection was very good, but not great (I've been to 4-star hotels and other 5-star hotels that have had a wider selection). Overall though, you won't be disappointed. The bakery section is a visual delight. The staff are very attentive and accommodating. Great ambience as well, with the high ceilings, view of the pond and pool area outside. There was also two men playing the sitar, which gave the ambience an extra nice touch.

Dear Guest,

Greetings from JW Marriott Mumbai!

Thank you for your kind comments about your dining experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you again.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

This review has been long over due, I have been there a couple of times, with friends & with family. Initially when I went there I found the ambiance & setting exhilarating, the food & food quality excellent & the buffet spread itself extremely good, & the service pleasant & courteous. Sadly apart from the ambiance & service everything else has deteriorated over time.

Lets start off with the salads, before there was a better spread of salads, this has now been reduced to a mere anti pasti spread, the chefs do not know how to handle certain ingredients; for example the Calamari preparations which were soft & melted in one's mouth have become more like rubber on a plate (squid is very tricky to cook I understand but when one pays such a steep price for a buffet & with a brand like JW Marriott one does expect the chef's to pay a little more attention to the ingredients).

The bread spread which was better & replenished faster has also reduced, the bread rolls are often hard & the so called flavored breads lack flavor, as if one has just sprinkled the ingredients on to the bread instead of kneading them along with the dough.

The live counters used to change from time to time & offered a varying delectable spread; however now a days you will find the same live counters serving the same things over & over again; this sort of a dry monotone makes one wonder if the meal was actually worth it.

The main courses, which also used to be vibrant & delicious, with the offerings varying from time to time, have sadly lost flavor, I feel they are just rotating stocks from other restaurants to fill up their chaffing dishes. They taste more like butter; less like food. The quantity of meat offerings has also become lesser, & the quantity of meal in the gravies has also reduced.

The desserts; which were once the main attraction to eat there, have been reduced to tasteless, overcooked bite sized pastries. They are now a tasteless bunch of attractive looking props, lacking any form of substance what so ever.

In conclusion I just hope that this review serves as a wake up call to the management, I sincerely hope they change & bring back some of that old charm that they had, until then we will all have to just wait & watch!!!

Dear Guest,

Greetings from JW Marriott Mumbai.

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. We acknowledge your feedback on the dishes and the live counters at the buffet. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you and assure you that your comments have received our priority and sternest attention to prevent a re-occurrence. We strive to exceed your expectations at the next time you visit.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Happened to visit Lotus Cafe for Dinner last Monday with my clients as they were fasting and wanted to have only vegetarian food. We apparently landed to Lotus Cafe and they had temple Feast there coincidentally, We were treated like kings and the kind of spread offered and the attentive service provided at Lotus Cafe was outstanding. The spread had plenty of vegetarian varieties to offer and the best egg less desserts I ever had. A must visit for all vegetarian food lovers and the staff were very hospitable and Waring traditional outfits which suited the festival idea. We will definitely visit again when in Mumbai.