“Hotel rooms with no windows” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Treebo Arma Residency

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Treebo Arma Residency
Ranked #65 of 366 Mumbai (Bombay) B&B and Inns
Hong Kong
“Hotel rooms with no windows”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2012

Arma Residency is a budget hotel close to the International Airport and part of a number of Arma properties in the same area. The hotel provides airport pick-up, but it's necessary to call them up from the airport even if you sent them your details by email earlier. The hotel has two categories of rooms, standard and deluxe. I have seen both categories and think the only difference is, that only deluxe rooms have windows! Unfortunately this is not mentioned on the hotel website nor on the various booking websites. If you request a room with a window, e.g. for safety reasons, you will be asked to pay the "deluxe" rate. The breakfast is tea/coffee and two slices of toast. There is complimentary wifi in the hotel, but it didn't work properly. Arma Residency is in Sakinaka, a part of Mumbai which doesn't have much too offer to travelers.

Room Tip: Please make sure you book a room with a window
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Valrit

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
London
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2011

I thought of writing this review to save others from this horrible hotel, but to my surprise there are other bad reviews and somehow I missed to read those before making the booking. I made an online booking for a room + Pick up + drop. I arrived at the airport at 1am in the morning and was looking for someone with a display board. After 15 mins of search, I decided to call the hotel . The receptionist said there was no booking with my reference no and asked me to get a auto-rickshaw as taxis would be expensive but he failed to mention that I need to walk 15 mins to get a auto-rickshaw. I got a taxi, paid 600Rs for 10 mins travel and reached the hotel at 2am. The hotel was nowhere like the one showed on the pictures. The receptionist said I arrived a day earlier and some how got me a room. He said he will arrange me a drop to the airport in the morning. The room was very small but not very bad.
The next morning when the checked out, the receptionist said their hotel car was unavailable and that they will arrange for an auto-rickshaw to drop me at the airport and did the same. Initially they expected me to pay for it but when I started complaining they paid for it.
They advertised as the nearest budget hotel to the airport which was false as there are many other budget hotels very close to the airport which were not advertised on the internet.
I wish anyone reading this review, not to do the same mistake as I.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank JJJ1981

Travelers are raving about these Mumbai (Bombay) hotels

Buenos Aires, Argentina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2011

Room has no windows, it was tiny, i felt in prison all the time. our room was next to the kitchen so we were not able to sleep up to 1.30AM.

A NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE DO NOT STAY IN THIS HOTEL EVER

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Luciana V
Sydney
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2011

We booked this hotel as it was supposed to be close to the airport. However the drive took about 45 minutes and we were in a horrible location in some kind of industrial area. We were then told we needed to pay Rs150 for parking at the airport even though our pickup should have been free.

We ordered some food which was quite horrible. At 12:30am there was a knock at the door. We opened it tentatively to be told by hotel staff they wanted payment for the food, which could have been done on delivery not once we'd gone to sleep!

The first night was very noisy, it sounded as though there were 30 children running up and down outside our door, at one point they even tried to get in. Overall we hated our stay here and were glad to leave.

Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank pipslack
Changzhou, China
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2011

I ended up in The Arma Residency when the more upscale Arma Galaxy refused to honor my PREPAID booking. It is a dump that appears to be used as a long term residence for bachelors. It is noisy and dirty. The rates are half the Galaxy and I expect to have a fight getting the money.

The rooms are very small and cheaply furnished. The TV does not work and the bathroom is disgusting. I lifted the toilet seat to remove the paper "sanitized for your protection" strip only to find leftovers from previous guests spattered under the seat.

In my opinion, the Arma group is running a sleezy bait and switch. I do not trust them and I will never give them another rupee, ever.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank CJinAsia
Chennai (Madras), India
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2011

Myself and my fiancee went to stay at this hotel. We reached there at 10.00 PM. But the Manager at the hotel told they won't allow fiancee and all. Even i asked them before through phone and in the morning my fiancee too went to that hotel. They didn mention those things at that time too.. They asked me to book one more room for fiancee and asked me to stay together in the room what i booked. They charged extra Rs.2000/- for that. Thats a really bad. Even in their site also they have not mentioned that. Pls guyss.,., don go to this hotel. My advise. Pls don't go....

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank ramcr88
Bengaluru, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2010

I stayed in this hotel with my wife for 3 days as we had to visit Mumbai for see a relative. It was the cheapest hotel I could find near Powai which could be counted a family hotel. At 1700/- per night for standard AC room, this hotel was decent enough. Owner kindly let us check in early at no charge. AC in the room was not functioning properly but was promptly repaired when requested. Room was fine and view was garbage dump (what can one expect at this rate?) but hotel was close to happening Saki Naka junction. Bed sheets were stained but again were changed when requested. Food is nothing to talk about. Free break fast included Toast and coffee.

Overall, we are happy with quality of service though somethings could have been better to begin with. Given it's rate, we had good experience and would stay again if needed.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple