“Average fare”
Review of Mirage Hotel

Mirage Hotel
Ranked #79 of 453 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Mirage hotel is not the same as it looks in the photos. Mirage hotel flattered to deceive. Average hotel , average service. It took them 30 minutes and two trips to the lobby for my luggage to reach my room. The service is average and the coordination is poor. The hotel was a letdown right from the time I reached it. For that rate I could have taken a better hotel near the airport.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
KumarC14, Guest Relations Manager at Mirage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2017

Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your views of your stay through Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you had a great stay at Mirage hotel and you found the hotel and the services as per your expectations.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We visit Mirage very often on business trips.

It being a typical business hotel

- you won't face problems with early check-ins, late check outs
- business centre functions round the clock

Further:

Location- located in one of the busiest part of the city- chakala, andheri east. The ongoing metro work there makes it worse. If you don't get stuck in traffic, it is just 15 minutes from Domestic airport.

Lobby- Small, nothing major to point out.

Rooms- Better than some 5 stars around (here I am talking only about the standard room and not fancy suites). They are surprisingly big, receive sufficient sun light, well maintained with clean bathrooms (and thankfully, hair dryers). Can't imagine better rooms at their rent.

Food- Decent buffet spreads and in room dining is also good enough

Staff- Not a fan of their staff. Very slow in response, some even being cold. An odd thing, but you might feel like they are noticing you moving in and out of the hotel and it makes you uncomfortable.

I don't know why it has been given a 4 star rating as facilities match up to only 3 star standards. All in all a decent modern business hotel, with odd mannered staff, good rooms and competitive room rent.

Room Tip: All rooms are similar, only that rooms on higher floors seem to be recently renovated.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
KumarC14, General Manager at Mirage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2017

Dear Guest

I am glad to know that you had a really good experience at the Mirage Hotel and I would like to thank you for your feedback.

We do hope the Mirage Hotel will continue to be your hotel of choice, while in Mumbai.

Regards

Reviewed August 30, 2013

I am a frequent business traveller and during all my trips I stay at this hotel. The rooms are very comfortable, clean and tidy. The staff are cooperative and the food is great. Couple of times when I had to check-in early at 9AM, I was upgraded to the next level of room at no cost, no hassles. Not sure if this is common in every hotel, but I liked their flexibility. The surrounding environment of the hotel is not so clean, which should not be a concern for a business trip. Overall I recommend this hotel for business travellers who look for a value for money stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Have been staying at Mirage for the last few years every time a visit to Mumbai happens. Its a great place to stay. rooms are nice, ac is cool to cold, bathrooms are fine. Another plus is the retaurant the buffet breakfast, lunch and dinner...just chill it and enjoy. its conveniently located near to the airport which makes it a good stopover for other destinations.

Room Tip: Views are avilable from all the rooms but prefer for the rooms on the 6th floor.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Hotel was OK in comparison with the Rate (INR4200), I got and considering it to be in a place as expensive as Mumbai. However, no where it can be called as 4-start Hotel. Many hotels in smaller cities are far superior than this Hotel. Room was large however maintenance seems to be not upto the mark. Many of the shelfs were dusty with dirt marks. Although room was booked for two adults, but only glass, one bottle of water, not enough toiletories were provided-clearly indicates basic shortfalls in maintaiing the hotel. The reception staff was also not properly trained to give a warm welcome to their guests..Its a value for money hotel (considering it to be in Mumbai), however service wise not upto the mark.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We had a good stay at Mirage. convenient location and good amenities. Counter staff was good. Room and room service was good.
Breakfast had a good spread and we enjoyed it but the restaurant staff was not friendly. But over all experience was good.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 27, 2013

This hotel is throwing it all away by simply not cleaning or housekeeping properly. It's really very dirty both along common corridors where the carpets are not vacuumed or washed, and in the rooms where they have many issues. I pre-booked for 2x2 night stays. I wish I hadn't.

Rooms have stains on the walls, lamps - everywhere! The toilets have dried urine/excrement on the outside and the bed linen is stained with grease marks (or something!). On my first night I had to move rooms as the first was disgusting - after 30 mins of cleaning a second room I decided to stay. The duty manager blamed it on trainee staff.

I arrived tonight for the second stint of 2 nights and I had exactly the same issues in 2 rooms on check-in - on the third room I just gave up and decided I'd check out first thing. Not sure I'll get much sleep tonight thinking about all the grime around me...and those stains on the bed linen - yuk! But it's very very late...two hours earlier and I'd had just walked out.

There are plenty of hotels in the area near the airport and I can't imagine they are anywhere near this soiled. The Mirage is clearly failing to train it's housekeeping and laundry teams but what is really disturbing is that the management cannot see it. Maybe they do not do the usual walk around inspections. Certainly they are not visiting the rooms else you can't avoid seeing the issues.

One more issue is that of road noise. Only the back side of the hotel seems tolerable - the front and sides are quite noisy...

On the positive side the hotel design concept is quite nice and the breakfast is pretty decent. They also have a nice brand concept that is well communicated. Funnily enough, it all looks great on-line; I could load the pictures I've taken of the dirt and stains, but I thought it would gross-out too many people!

Even if this place was offered for free I will not be staying again. I need a shower after checkout...

Room Tip: Best avoid front and side rooms. And bring some cleaning gear!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

At the outset, allow me to thank you for your feedback. Without meaning to offer any excuses may I, sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused due to the unsatisfactory experience at lobby. Following this, we have ensured that our associates are given rigorous training, in order for them to meet the needs and requirements of our guests and service them better.

I look forward to your benevolence in not allowing this experience to colour your impression of our standards and services. May I request you for another opportunity to redeem ourselves and try to provide you with a seamless and glitch free experience.

Yours sincerely,