“Average hotel experience”
Review of Mirage Hotel

Mirage Hotel
Ranked #86 of 463 Hotels in Mumbai
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Our room was clean and comfortable but faced the back patio area, where noisy wedding celebrations were held nightly -- impossible to get any rest through the noise, though it generally dissipated a little before midnight. The buffet breakfast was not very good -- most of the food was cold and tasteless. The bar in the lobby area had great food, though. Location is convenient to the airport, but with Mumbai traffic it will take you an hour or two just to reach the main tourism areas downtown.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
KumarC14, Guest Relations Manager at Mirage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 28, 2017

Dear Guest

Thank you so much. It was really gratifying to read your feedback and I am very pleased to know that you appreciated our interiors and the amenities we offer. I appreciate your feedback regarding the area surrounding the hotel and the unfortunate inconsistent service you experienced with regards to the breakfast , banquet function which disturbed you and I will ensure your concerns are looked into.

I do hope that the Mirage Hotel continues to be your preferred choice of hotel in Mumbai.

Regards

Reviewed March 19, 2013

I stayed for a nite and it was wonderful experience. Nice location, really helpful n courteous staff all around. Very clean rooms. I thank the staff as I left my shirt behind n they called me to remind me of same. Cheers to all of u

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your views of your stay through Trip Advisor. I am delighted that you had a great stay at Mirage hotel and you found the hotel and the services as per your expectations.

Sincerely .

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Unfortunately what you see isn't what you get.

The service was terrible - they weren't interested. The so called buffet breakfast was from last week to the point my husband got sick eating there. The restaurant felt, smelt and looked like it hadn't been cleaned since it was built.

It's located next to nothing at all and overlooks the sewer. The noise is just tolerable, but if you're after total quiet then this isn't the place for you.

You're offered 1 bottle of water per day of stay but if you want more you have to pay.

The room was the only decent thing - marble finished, reasonably clean and today.

Don't recommend this hotel - there are others that would be worth it.

• Stayed: February 2013

Dear Guest,

At the outset, allow me to thank you for your feedback. Without meaning to offer any excuses may I, sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused due to the unsatisfactory experience at lobby. Following this, we have ensured that our associates are given rigorous training, in order for them to meet the needs and requirements of our guests and service them better.

I look forward to your benevolence in not allowing this experience to colour your impression of our standards and services. May I request you for another opportunity to redeem ourselves and try to provide you with a seamless and glitch free experience.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed February 25, 2013

The Hotel is nice and in a very convenient location. But the service need to improve and definitely the Chef needs to be changed or the chef should stop making food which he is not familiar with. The front office staff has to be trained

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
KumarC14, Guest Relations Manager at Mirage Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2017

Dear Sir
Greetings from Mirage hotel Mumbai

We thank you for your response, and have noted the points you have raised.
We shall certainly try to correct the all the glitches you have experience during your stay

Thanking you once again

Reviewed February 16, 2013

This hotel is great. Luxuroius rooms, with really comfortable beds and an amazing bathroom ecquipped with both shower and bath. The rooms has an amazing design and you feel spoiled from the first minute. All staff was very attentive and really welcoming. The restaurant in the lobby serves all kind of food, indian, italian, chinese and so on and atleast all we ate where good.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed February 3, 2013

This is a good value option if you are looking for a decent airport hotel in Mumbai. Arranged prior to arrival for a pick up and all ran very smoothly. Rooms are spacious and clean. However, this is not a suitable place to base yourself as a tourist, as it is a long way ( in Mumbai traffic) from all the sites, but a good layover hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night on 17 Jan 2013. Had booked a hotel + flights deal through Make My Trip for a great price.

I was forced to pause before I could really start writing this review. Much like the feeling I had when I entered my room after check-in and felt something was amiss from the time I walked in to the hotel to when I got into my room.

And then, it struck me - it was the stand-offish 'wait and watch the issue disappear' approach that I had just witnessed in the front desk, bell hop, and front door staff. Not with me - but with others.

I realised that the whole lot of them were sending out a vibe that we're here because we have to go to a job to earn money, but if given a choice, we really really don't want to be here. So, don't bother us. We'll do the bare minimum that's required of us policy and procedure wise, but then leave us alone.

What was missing in this hotel was the HOSPITALITY!

And, this wasn't the case when I had stayed here earlier in January 2012. Ah well - a year's a long time in hospitality - as they say!

But, coming back to this review.

The hotel is neat. Its located near I really don't know what. Rooms are very spacious and decently appointed with the modcons one expects from a decent 4-star. Bathrooms are nice and spacious and well laid out.

Minibar is bare bones with no alcohol (which is a good thing I suppose). Usual tea, coffee, whitener, sugar, electric kettle etc. But, if you like to drink lots of water and drink tea or coffee, be warned! You'll only get 1 x 1litre mineral water bottle to cater to both needs. Thereafter, you'll have to purchase subsequent drinking water. This I think is a bummer. There should be 2 x 1 litre mineral water bottles. But then, I suppose cost over-runs are all around us - aren't they.

The food is VERY AVERAGE!!! Had the dinner buffet and frankly speaking, I've had much better tasting, smelling, and prepared food in local restaurants in Delhi, Gurgaon, and Mumbai.

Didn't eat my breakfast here as I was at a conference at Suba International where breakfast and lunch were catered. And, I must say that Suba's food was a million times better and fresher (buffet only) than Mirage's.

Essentially, this hotel is NOT a welcoming place for those who're seeking a little R&R. Like I said, because the staff don't want to be there, they also don't want the hotel guests to show up. Its almost as if the customers are spoiling the staff's few moments of tranquility.

Will I stay here again? Maybe. But, only if I have business in the vicinity. Else, a definite NO.

And, if you're planning to stay here on a holiday, please Definitely Reconsider!!!

Room Tip: I know they have smoking rooms because I had one.