“Awful”
Review of Hotel Check Inn

Hotel Check Inn
Ranked #461 of 485 Hotels in Mumbai
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I had a terrible night. The hotel (reception, lobby, corridors...) is very creepy. Room was worst : sheets were stained and dirty, there were insects (cockroaches, ticks ...) over the bed and bare electrical cables in the bathroom. I found that staff was unfriendly.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
9  Thank Martu B

Reviewed May 10, 2013

The first thing is the staff. They are rude and with an unhelpful nature. They show a deluxe room and after the bargain for the price happens, the give a standard room which looks yucky! They promise for something in the morning and the night staff says he cannot do what was promised in the morning.

While every other hotel gives you an extention in the check out time based on the time u will board the flight, these guys stand at the door asking u to check out immediately.

You will just find a stay here and no service.

I will neither recommend this hotel nor visit here ever in my lifetime.

I regret paying so much money at this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013
6  Thank mtayub
Reviewed January 29, 2013

Please don't go for this one!!!!! Staff is very rude.....They won't cooperate at all....Pathetic room conditions....better to go for railway dormitory.....even one day stay was unbearable....Please don't go by its cheap price...u would regret !!!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
3  Thank Sameer A
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Its was so so not good and not bad staff is helpful but they help me yet food not good Stayed here out of desperation while waiting for our flight at the nearby airport. Rooms were dirty, bed clothes stained and bathroom disgusting with no toilet paper. The corridors of the hotel we also filthy

Room Tip: try for executive lounge
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank zainahme
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We had to spent a day and night in this hotel. Seeing the sagging and stinking beds we requested the staff to change these. Made four attempts. With straight face they assured it will be done; but nothing happened. there was dust and soil every where. Bathroom fittings were of good quality, but not cleaned or polished. All in all a miserable experience. After coming back to Delhi/NCR I sent my feedback to the hotel. Not a word from them. Avoid this hotel, if you can.

Room Tip: Nothing to add.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2012

I ran from the door of this hotel so didn't have the misfortune to actually stay there but want to share the story to warn other travellers.... I arrived in Mumbai domestic airport mid-morning and needed a hotel for the rest of the day and a few hours that night until my international flight. Didn't have a working mobile or laptop (big mistake) so went to the 'helpdesk' in the airport lobby and asked them to book me into a hotel that I'd chosen from the guidebook. Guy told me that hotel would be 4,000 rupees but that I could have a room in the Check Inn hotel for 2,800R, and he showed me photos on-line which looked fine. Got suspicious when he asked for cash upfront and when I said I didn't have cash he asked me to go to the ATM and get it - again I refused. Bockety old car came to pick me up from the terminal, the driver was polite and friendly, but I baulked when I saw the hotel - from the outside it looked dilapidated and run-down and the street was very noisy. To the consternation of the VERY pushy hotel staff who quickly surrounded the car, I said the street was too noisy, so I paid the driver, grabbed my suitcase and just kept walking..... When I read these reviews I see that my instinct to leave was right and that I had a very lucky escape. Beware the accommodation 'helpdesk' at Mumbai airport, do your homework before you arrive in the city and avoid the Check Inn hotel!

Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
7  Thank Barbara O
Reviewed January 26, 2012

Stayed here out of desperation while waiting for our flight at the nearby airport. Rooms were dirty, bed clothes stained and bathroom disgusting with no toilet paper. The corridors of the hotel we also filthy, exposed wiring everywhere and the whole place looked like a hotel out of a horror film. Walking down the stairs to reach the reception I passed homeless people sleeping on the stairs. I accidently went past the reception floor to the bottom floor of the hotel to find huge piles of garbage, large holes in the walls and rats the size of Labradors running around.

We tried to sleep for a few hours but it was too noisy, elevator made a loud beeping noise every 5 minutes, kids screaming and running around the corridors, loud noises from the slum behind the hotel and workmen using a drill till 10pm.

The icing on the cake was the price, 5200 rupees for one night and the staff were very pushy asking for large tips. This was the most expensive hotel we stayed in in India and by far the worst. Do not stay here

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple