“Single lady traveller's delight”
Review of Waterstones Hotel

Waterstones Hotel
Ranked #37 of 456 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Reviewed March 20, 2014

All single lady travellers travelling to Mumbai for business or leisure, do go for this property and avail the package which they offer.Nestled in serene surroundings from the hustle-bustle, this is a sheer heaven waiting to be discovered. They have a package for single lady travellers wherein they pamper you to the fullest. I have been staying at this property since 2013 on my business trips and have always availed of this package and been treated royally. They go out of their way to ensure supreme comfort, safety to women. Rooms are very nicely done and clean .
Special mention of the spa and health club. Lakshmi is a superb massuer and Rajendra is great at pedicure and manicure.
Rohan at the reservations has always been a great help.

Room Tip: All rooms have a different theme, glacier, fire, mountains etc. choose the one which you like.
1  Thank nims15
GMWaterstonesHotel, General Manager at Waterstones Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2014

Thank you for your glowing feedback about the hotel. Your remarks are a testimony to the team’s endeavor of meeting guest’s expectations time and again. It is praise from Patrons like you that motivates everyone at the Waterstones to go that extra step.
On behalf of my team, I Once again thank you and look forward to welcoming you again in our midst soon.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

As my title goes the ambience of the room is class apart. Once you enter the room you get a feel that you are nowhere near the hustling, bustling city of Mumbai. The colour of the walls, the writing table, the overall arrangement just takes you away. The staff is very cooperative. Though I have spent only one night at the hotel it certainly was one of the best. The lighting in the room is appropriate and so placed that you will have the light just as much as you require. The Restaurant though was not up to the standard set by the rooms. The interior of the restaurant is certainly unique with a feel of real plants hanging upside down. Buffet has very limited menu and the taste was not very much different so as to linger on your taste buds. Breakfast also was not as per the standard of the class. Ok, the rooms obviously raise the standards for comparison but in a city like Mumbai where options are available in scores you cannot just be good in only batting or bowling. You certainly require to be an all rounder.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

It is wonderful to know that you enjoyed our unique ambiance & personalized service and that your experience at our little oasis in Mumbai was enjoyable. I appreciate your feedback regarding the taste and variety of our buffet breakfast and will ensure corrective measures are taken.
I do hope that the Waterstones Hotel continues to be your preferred choice of hotel in Mumbai.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

If it is a weekend getaway or even a day or two of de-stressing break, I strongly recommend 'The Waterstones Therapy'.
Begin your morning with a very good spread of buffet breakfast served by very warm and friendly staff.
Facilities at their Club House shall ensure that you do not step out of the property.
Be it adults or children, the experience of a stay here is sure to bring you back for more.
Salon, Spa, Badminton, Basketball, Tennis, Table Tennis, Pool table, carrom, board games, etc. etc.
The icing on the cake is having a private movie screening in a pampering atmosphere, all to yourself or your group.
The options of drinks and dining ensure that you do not look out for options outside the property.
Weekend getaway to resorts outside Mumbai city limits is no more an option for me when I can be here in less than an hour from my home and still fell in a different world once I enter this property.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank nayanmaskai

Thank you so much for your commendation. Our main objective at the Waterstones Hotel is to ensure that all our guests are satisfied with their entire experience and from your wonderful feedback it seems that in your case this objective has been achieved. We are proud of our unique facilities that offer our guests a private movie lounge, games room, library, billiards room, state of the art gym, Olympic Size pool, salon and spa as well as a wide selection of sporting facilities to choose from.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

I live in Mumbai and decided I wanted to take a few days off when my mum came to visit me. I did not have the time to spend travelling back and forth to a holiday destination. So I looked for a vacation spot within Mumbai itself and that’s how I came to spend a few days at the Waterstones hotel.

It is a medium sized boutique hotel located in Andheri, a minute away from the new airport. From the time you pull up into the hotel porch with its impressive Art deco ceiling and go up to a tranquil sky blue and white lobby you are surrounded by great design sense. I had booked myself into a mountain room. Seeing how unconventionally designed my room was, my curiosity got the better of me and I found myself peeking in to the other rooms as well. Each floor is designed according to different themes: Marine, Rainforest, Fire, Glacier and Mountain. They were spacious, well maintained and had me wishing I could have stayed in a different room every day.

On the same property is the Waterstones Club and Spa. As a hotel guest, I got to use all the facilities of the club and spa.

My mum and me spent many mornings playing scrabble at the Club, sipping ‘ nimbu paani ‘, with nothing to disturb us but for a few birds chirping outside. The entire property is lush green and beautifully landscaped that for not one minute did I miss not going away to a holiday spot. If I were staying here on work I could not think of a better place to come back to in the evening. One could unwind with a relaxing massage at the spa, work out in the state of the art gym or do a couple of laps in the luxuriously long pool.

The hotel staff to be extremely courteous and helpful. Ordering from room service was a pleasure. Not once did they get any of my orders wrong nor did I have to call back asking for anything. Everything that you needed was provided for in the tray. The food is outstanding and unlike a lot of other hotels the portions here are enormous.

As a woman I would recommend this hotel to single women travelers. For people living in Mumbai this is a wonderful haven to get away to. As for me, my next trip would be to the Rokeby Manor at Mussoorie, another one of their properties.

Room Tip: Go through the waterstones brochure that you can download and choose your room from one of the five...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank eapenetc

Thank you for taking time and posting a review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. It was a privilege to have you stay with us at Waterstones Hotel. We are glad to learn that you were impressed with the overall facilities & services at our hotel. I have shared your feedback with my entire team. Your words of appreciation are huge motivation and encouragement for us at Waterstones. We will continue to strive to add more value and comfort to your future stays.
We value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you again at the Waterstones Mumbai.

Reviewed March 10, 2014

we stayed in this hotel for 2 days after having gone round South India. We had a fantastic time thanks to the staff's welcome, to the beautiful room and to all the amenities. We could visit Mumbai and then , once in the hotel, felt really on vacation
The massages are excellent, I had a fantastic pedicure! the pool, the tennis courts , everything was great.

Room Tip: suites are fabulous
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

It was really heartening to read your feedback and I am very pleased to know that you enjoyed our facilities and services that we offer. Thank you for taking time and posting a review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. We hope you will give us an opportunity soon in the near future.

Looking forward to seeing you back at the Waterstones Hotel .

Reviewed March 10, 2014

I stayed in this hotel few during my business trip back home to India. Very good hotel with differently designed rooms. Close to airport, so take no time to reach, like most of the hotels they also have airport pickup. Check in process is easy and quick. Breakfast was nice with decent variety.

Where do I begin?
The rooms are clean, modern, and beautifully furnished. The bed is so comfortable. Usually I love coming home to my own bed, but I miss that bed. The sheets are so soft! The staff is beyond welcoming, they always have a smile on their face, and an answer to a question. They epitomize what hotel 'service' should resemble. I was always greeted by name, and asked how my stay was going - I cannot remember the last time I had such service. Now to the food - let's just say it's a foodies dream. There are several restaurants to choose from, ranging in international cuisines. The waiters even started remembering how I liked my morning coffee, and my eggs done - real attention to detail. Now to the fun stuff - the SPA! A few steps next to the hotel is the Club and Spa. I had an incredible head massage, followed by a great blow dry. I have now been back for 2 weeks, and my pedicure has yet to have even one small chip. The infinity pool is perfect for laps, or just lying on the built in pool recliners is heaven. If you happen to be a reader, well then the library is a dream come true. It has an old school feel, with a great selection in books, magazine, and great solid wood desks to do some work. I hope I get back to Mumbai soon, and if I do, then I will be booking my stay at The Waterstones Hotel, without question!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank kaylee v

Thank you for your kind words about the hotel services and my team. It gives me great joy that we succeeded in making your stay a memorable one. We look forward to welcoming you in our midst again soon and hope to continue being your hotel of choice while in Mumbai.