“Good business hotel !!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Waterstones Hotel

Waterstones Hotel
Ranked #56 of 444 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Good business hotel !!”
Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is located close to the international airport and slightly difficult to search as its in a lane.
Once you are inside, it seems to be an office space cum hotel.
Overall a good option for travellers coming to Mumbai for a short stay.
The rooms are made differently and the food is good as well. Also since its slightly inside, there is a lot silence and it does feel as if you are in the hustle bustle of Mumbai.
Just giving a star less as we have Leela n Lalit just outside this hotel which are definitely better and bigger properties.

• Stayed April 2013
GMWaterstonesHotel, General Manager at Waterstones Hotel, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Thank you for your kind observations on the facilities and services offered at Waterstones. We have noted your constructive feedback regarding the hotel signage on the approach road of the hotel and assure you that the same will be shared with my team and addressed.

The satisfaction of our guests is of paramount importance and I hope we have the opportunity to offer you our best again.

Gayle Henriques

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Paris, France
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Great place except about Internet. You should pay for 1 hour / 1 day / 1 week. In such hotel, should be included in the room price.
Restaurants, the club and rooms are very clean and employees are very nice and available.

1 Thank Sebastek
It is wonderful to know that you enjoyed our unique ambiance & personalized service and that your experience at our little oasis in Mumbai was enjoyable. We have noted your feedback regarding the internet charges and we do have rates and packages which have the same inclusive in the room price. On your next visit do let our team know and we shall offer the same to you as per your liking.
Looking forward to seeing you back at the Waterstones hotel.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed May 25, 2013

My admiration for this hotel began when my flight was two hours late, but the hotel shuttle was still waiting for me at 1:30AM. What a relief as a woman traveling alone! I arrived at the hotel and was immediately impressed by the clean and modern facilities. The bathroom was stocked with Crabtree and Evelyn products and the bed covered with white cotton sheets. The room was comfortable in temperature and very quiet. The next morning, I enjoyed the complimentary brunch in the very pleasant restaurant. The hotel staff helped me find a driver to go shopping in Mumbai (ask for a local driver that they can vouch for and it is cheaper than the hotel driver). That evening, I borrowed a DVD from their extensive list. I left early the next morning via the hotel shuttle.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
GMWaterstonesHotel, General Manager at Waterstones Hotel, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Thank you so much for your commendation. Our main objective at the Waterstones Hotel is to ensure that all our guests are satisfied with their entire experience and from your wonderful feedback it seems that in your case this objective has been achieved. We are proud of our unique facilities that offer our guests a private movie lounge, games room, library, billiards room, state of the art gym, Olympic Size pool , salon and spa as well as a wide selection of sporting facilities to choose from.
I do hope that the Waterstones Hotel continues to be your preferred choice of hotel in Mumbai.

London
Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for three nights whilst on business. This is a great hotel; good design, excellent staff and a quiet feeling so that you do not feel rushed. I particualrly like the sitting area which is modern and very open with fast wifi, and the restaurant has a good and interesting menu. The rooms are all lovely

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
It is wonderful to know that you enjoyed our unique ambiance & personalized service and that your experience at our little oasis in Mumbai was enjoyable. We Thank you for taking time and posting a review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. We hope you will give us an opportunity soon in the near future.
Looking forward to seeing you back at the Waterstones Hotel .

Reviewed May 23, 2013

The place is within close distance to the airport and it is a good place to relax before the journey back due to an amazing pool and spa area. I am not a biggest fan of the modern interior design, its coolness is fading fast and the materials clearly were not of the best quality. Big plus is the Sunday brunch which is relatively unknown but has a great menu selection and a chef who prepares delicious and westerner-friendly meals. Another plus is the super posh pool area where a mix of expats and tourists can relax in peace. Biggest minus: the place is surrounded by shantytowns and squalid apartments. Personally, it gave me a guilty feeling every time i looked out on the hallway. Maybe that is why all rooms face the interior side of the hotel. Choose it if you want to lounge by the pool!

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much. It was really heartening to read your feedback and I am very pleased to know that you enjoyed our facilities and services that we offer. I appreciate your feedback regarding the area surrounding the hotel and I will ensure your concerns are looked into.

Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Awesome & impeccable property. Very close to airport ( Both Domestic & International ). Great food, incredible hospitality. The rooms were quite different in terms of themes on each floor.. very well designed and practical. the club was pretty big and had all basic amenities.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your glowing feedback about the hotel. Your remarks are a testimony to the team’s endeavor of meeting guest’s expectations time and again. It is praise from Patrons like you that motivates everyone at the Waterstones to go that extra step.
On behalf of my team, I Once again thank you and look forward to welcoming you again in our midst soon

Vung Tau, Vietnam
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I just spent the last 2 weeks in Waterstones Hotel, which is also attached to Waterstones Club in Mumbai (Bombay), India. I have worked in India over the last few years and have spent alot of time in and out and I can tell you if you need to travel around the city it is very stressful, sitting in traffic, etc.

When I was in Waterstones I felt like I was not in Mumbai as it is so quiet and peaceful. Each day the staff all greeted you with a smile and hello which makes things feel a bit like home. I also had dinner at all the restaurants except the room with a view (since my wife wasn't with me) and can say the selection is great and food (and wine) is all excellent quality.

The Waterstones Club next door has all the amenities of any large health club plus 2 restaurants, tennis, racketball, 50 meter infinity pool, massage, jacuzzi, steam room, and salon. There was also a game room for the kids and adults alike and a nice bar which overlooks the pool. The grounds are kept in a spectacular state.

If there is ever a need for me to live in Mumbai the company would have to include the Club in contract as there is no other place like this in Mumbai.

1 word describes my whole stay here: EXCELLENTE!!!!

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are good, but I stayed on the 6th floor (Glacier Floor) and it was quite comfo...