“Great choice near intl airport”
Review of Waterstones Hotel

Waterstones Hotel
Ranked #40 of 454 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
London
“Great choice near intl airport”
Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for three nights whilst on business. This is a great hotel; good design, excellent staff and a quiet feeling so that you do not feel rushed. I particualrly like the sitting area which is modern and very open with fast wifi, and the restaurant has a good and interesting menu. The rooms are all lovely

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
GMWaterstonesHotel, General Manager at Waterstones Hotel, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
It is wonderful to know that you enjoyed our unique ambiance & personalized service and that your experience at our little oasis in Mumbai was enjoyable. We Thank you for taking time and posting a review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. We hope you will give us an opportunity soon in the near future.
Looking forward to seeing you back at the Waterstones Hotel .

Gayle Henriques

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Reviewed May 23, 2013

The place is within close distance to the airport and it is a good place to relax before the journey back due to an amazing pool and spa area. I am not a biggest fan of the modern interior design, its coolness is fading fast and the materials clearly were not of the best quality. Big plus is the Sunday brunch which is relatively unknown but has a great menu selection and a chef who prepares delicious and westerner-friendly meals. Another plus is the super posh pool area where a mix of expats and tourists can relax in peace. Biggest minus: the place is surrounded by shantytowns and squalid apartments. Personally, it gave me a guilty feeling every time i looked out on the hallway. Maybe that is why all rooms face the interior side of the hotel. Choose it if you want to lounge by the pool!

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much. It was really heartening to read your feedback and I am very pleased to know that you enjoyed our facilities and services that we offer. I appreciate your feedback regarding the area surrounding the hotel and I will ensure your concerns are looked into.
I do hope that the Waterstones Hotel continues to be your preferred choice of hotel in Mumbai.

Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Awesome & impeccable property. Very close to airport ( Both Domestic & International ). Great food, incredible hospitality. The rooms were quite different in terms of themes on each floor.. very well designed and practical. the club was pretty big and had all basic amenities.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your glowing feedback about the hotel. Your remarks are a testimony to the team’s endeavor of meeting guest’s expectations time and again. It is praise from Patrons like you that motivates everyone at the Waterstones to go that extra step.
On behalf of my team, I Once again thank you and look forward to welcoming you again in our midst soon

Vung Tau, Vietnam
Reviewed May 18, 2013

I just spent the last 2 weeks in Waterstones Hotel, which is also attached to Waterstones Club in Mumbai (Bombay), India. I have worked in India over the last few years and have spent alot of time in and out and I can tell you if you need to travel around the city it is very stressful, sitting in traffic, etc.

When I was in Waterstones I felt like I was not in Mumbai as it is so quiet and peaceful. Each day the staff all greeted you with a smile and hello which makes things feel a bit like home. I also had dinner at all the restaurants except the room with a view (since my wife wasn't with me) and can say the selection is great and food (and wine) is all excellent quality.

The Waterstones Club next door has all the amenities of any large health club plus 2 restaurants, tennis, racketball, 50 meter infinity pool, massage, jacuzzi, steam room, and salon. There was also a game room for the kids and adults alike and a nice bar which overlooks the pool. The grounds are kept in a spectacular state.

If there is ever a need for me to live in Mumbai the company would have to include the Club in contract as there is no other place like this in Mumbai.

1 word describes my whole stay here: EXCELLENTE!!!!

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are good, but I stayed on the 6th floor (Glacier Floor) and it was quite comfo...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time and posting a review of our hotel on Trip Advisor. It was a privilege to have you stay with us at Waterstones Hotel. We are glad to learn that you were impressed with the overall facilities & services at our hotel. I have shared your feedback with my entire team. Your words of appreciation are huge motivation and encouragement for us at Waterstones. We will continue to strive to add more value and comfort to your future stays.
We value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you again at the Waterstones Mumbai.

Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the water stones for a night and was a very pleasant experience. The airport transfer facility with well trained drivers and a separate desk to handle transfer requests for local as well as international travel. The hotel is very nice except for the fact that no amenities outside the hotel are on walking distance and it feels quite isolated. Food variety in the restaurant are limited but available options are of good quality. Overall a good experience and would recommend for international travel instances.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind words about the hotel services and my team. It gives me great joy that we succeeded in making your stay a memorable one. We look forward to welcoming you in our midst again soon and hope to continue being your hotel of choice while in Mumbai.

CCU
Reviewed May 14, 2013

It was an enriching experience before even we landed at the airport and stayed there even after we departure. The sole purpose of every staff was to bring a smile to their guest. It is so much missing these days. My last few stays in Mumbai were in Trident and Lalit but the Waterstones wins hands down. The Mountain room was great with amazing views. The club house facilities were fabulous especially the movie theatre and library.

A bit more variety in the breakfast and Sunday brunch is on the wishlist. All said and done we are already looking forward to the next visit. Thanks to Waterstones for making the stay memorable.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much. It really makes me proud reading your feedback and I hope that Waterstones Hotel continues to be your preferred choice of hotel in Mumbai. It’s commendation from guest like you that motivates every team member to go that extra step and it is truly satisfying to know that your experience was superlative. I have noted your feedback regarding the variety in our breakfast and brunch buffet and will ensure that on your next visit you will experience it.
Looking forward to welcome you back soon at Waterstones Hotel.

London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 29, 2013

My husband and I stayed here after 3 weeks of travelling in Goa and Kerala and wanted somewhere to stay that was a bit of a treat before our long flight home.
When you are driving up to it you start to wonder where you have booked as it goes through quite a rough looking area, but then you are through the high gates and into a really stunning, modern and quirky hotel. The customer service was amazing, from being met at the airport to the chauffeur, the concierge and the restaurant waiters, everyone was eager to make our stay comfortable. My husband has a bad back and wanted to get some pain relief from a chemist, they drove us there and back free of charge and when we went down for dinner in the restaurant, the waiter knew about his back and offered him a cushion! That's 5 star service.
The rooms are amazing with really comfortable beds. This is a really stylish hotel. I booked the Romance package in advance which was worth it I felt. We were greeted in our room with sparkling wine, chocolates, cake and fruit. The bathroom is lovely with a huge bath - much appreciated after our travels! The restaurant in the garden bar area is fantastic, great food and service.
But the best thing about this place is the club house next to it - we spent the entire day by the pool which is really what I booked this hotel for - but in the clubhouse there is room upon room of activities - spa, gym, games room, poker room, music room, cinema, cocktail bar.. we had fun looking in all the rooms to see what they were! And a nice little restaurant where we had a great lunch which was included in the romance package.
Probably because of the location (close to the airport but not to the attractions of Mumbai, we had stayed in the center at the beginning of the trip so just wanted to chill for a night and full day before our night flight home) it didn't seem to be very busy, but that was great for us - we had the pool almost to ourselves for most of the day (although I hear it gets busy at weekends - this is also a members club not just for hotel guests).
All in all a fabulous hidden gem perfect for whiling away pre-flight hours. I stayed at the Trident at the beginning of the trip and this beat it hands down.

Room Tip: We had the mountain room which overlooked the garden / restaurant area. Lovely. Looking at the other...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
GMWaterstonesHotel, General Manager at Waterstones Hotel, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
It is wonderful to know that you enjoyed our unique ambiance & personalized service and that your experience at our little oasis in Mumbai was enjoyable. I have shared your feedback with my entire team, your words of appreciation are a huge encouragement & motivation for us at Waterstones. We hope you will give us an opportunity soon in the near future.

We value your patronage and look forward to welcoming you again at the Waterstones.