“Very good hotel for business travellers”

Trident, Bandra Kurla, Mumbai
Ranked #10 of 452 Hotels in Mumbai (Bombay)
Reviewed November 22, 2010

Trident BKC is a godo choice for business travellers if your work is nearby BKC area. Its a new hotel so you can feel the new stuff, great amenities, very clean and nice hotel. Food is good, rooms are excellent, bathroom is very nice. A decent hotel overall.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
BandraKurla-Trident, General Manager at Trident, Bandra Kurla, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2010

Dear Tripadvisor Member,

Thank you very much for posting your views about your experience at Trident, Bandra Kurla, Mumbai.

I am very pleased to know that you had a pleasant stay at the hotel and have left with a positive impression of the hotel product and services.

We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

There are newer reviews for Trident, Bandra Kurla, Mumbai

Reviewed November 20, 2010

This is one of the best hotels I have stayed in....everything is beauty here. ROOMs are spacious and fantastic...you would fine beauty in every corner of the hotel....service is fantastic...they take care of even smallest of your needs...and any small concern of yours would be addressed by the topmost of the staff ...If you are at BKC...stay at TRIDENT

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business

Dear Tripadvisor member,

Thank you for the appreciative comments regarding your stay at Trident, Bandra Kurla, Mumbai. Your encouraging words have been conveyed to our team, for whom it will be a tremendous source of inspiration.

My team and I hope that Trident, Bandra Kurla, Mumbai remains your preferred residence on future visits to the city.

Reviewed November 20, 2010

Trident BKC is a grand property with a great service. Rooms are spacious and comfortable. Staff is very oriented for the highest level of service. Restaurant offers variety and food is great.
The hotel is close to the business district and makes it a perfect place to stay.

Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business

Dear Tripadvisor member,

Thank you for posting your views about your experience at Trident, Bandra Kurla, Mumbai.

I am delighted to note that you have had an enjoyable stay and it was a pleasure to have been of service to you. It is the feedback such as yours which motivates the entire team to continue striving for excellence.

My team and I assure you of our best services at all times and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed November 19, 2010

I have statyed at Trident BKC quite a few times and my experience has been a mixed bag. My first stay was not good with an embarassing confusion about late check out and bad breakfast service. However, on providing online feedback after the visit, there was prompt response. My next few visits went fine with good hospitality and personal attention being provided.

And then, on another visit I had a bad experience with a buffet dinner that I had with a few colleagues. Despite being reassured 4 times, non-veg starters were not served on our table. During the restaurant manager visit, I provided the feedback and she immediately took care of the issue. By that time, we were already on to desserts so imagine getting starters after dinner is almost over?! Interesting aspect is I did not get any email requesting for feedback after this visit!!

Anyhow, subsequent visit went fine without any issues.

All in all, I will keep visiting the hotel because of fairly good location, excellent staff, extremely personalised hospitality and overall eagerness of the staff to improve with each feedback. Special kudos to Visheshwar for ensuring that he and his team actively seek and work on the feedbacks provided.

However, the hotel needs to proactively think about the food & internet prices. I feel it is a dampner to hotel's revenue rather than an addition to it.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Samit_Singh
BandraKurla-Trident, General Manager at Trident, Bandra Kurla, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2010

Dear TripAdvisor member,

Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay at Trident, Bandra Kurla Mumbai.

Your appreciative comments about our product and services have been shared with our team, for whom it will act as a source of great motivation and pride.

I regret to note that you felt our dining options and internet were a bit expensive. The food and beverage pricing at out hotel is in line with most hotels in the city and across our hotels. I will certainly keep your feedback on record for when we next review the pricing structure.

As regards internet pricing, we have a service provider for internet access and the prices we charge are a factor of the cost and the bandwidth associated with this service. Most Indian hotels including ours, have an internet access charge due to the service provider costs involved. I am sure that with time we will see a rationalization of these charges, not only at our hotel but probably across the industry.

With reference to your comment about not getting an email requesting for feedback for that visit, I have checked and found that since you filled in a hand-written feedback form at the hotel, our e-questionnaire software did not send an email again, as that is how we have programmed it, to avoid duplication.

Please accept my sincere apologies for your food and beverage experiences at the hotel. I apologise for the inconvenience you were caused. Rest assured, your feedback has been shared with the both the kitchen and service team members and I am sure they will showcase a different aspect of their skills on your next visit.

I sincerely appreciate your giving us opportunities to make amends and learn from our mistakes.

My team and I look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel. I assure that you that we will spare no effort in ensuring you have a truly memorable experience the next time you stay with us.

Regards,

Reviewed November 18, 2010

This hotel was absolutely fabulous. The staff were exceptionally friendly and helpfull. The rooms are very well appointed and exquisitely furnished. The food in the restaurants was fantastic.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
BandraKurla-Trident, General Manager at Trident, Bandra Kurla, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2010

Dear Tripadvisor member,

Thank you for your words of appreciation and encouragement for our team.

I am delighted to note that we have met your expectations during your stay with us. At Trident, Bandra Kurla, Mumbai, we are committed to consistently providing warm, efficient and discrete service to our guests and their appreciation and acknowledgement is always our greatest reward.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel.

Reviewed November 8, 2010

Whilst the hotel was a lovely place to stay, and the staff were helpful, courteous and friendly, the charges levied for the use of the internet were extortionate. The excuse that the prices are 'in line with our competitors' is simply not good enough - for a business hotel to be charging Rs. 950 for 24 hours access is unacceptable. I pay the equivalent in Sterling for a month's worth of broadband internet in the UK - and on as many devices as I want.

Separately, before I used the internet, I called to confirm that I wouldn't be charged twice for using two devices - my laptop and mobile phone. After all, I only have two hands and using the internet from both devices at the same time would be tricky. I was told that I would charged twice, but that at check-out I should tell the member of staff that I had used two devices and the bill would be amended. Upon check-out I mentioned this to the member of staff who said that no such policy existed, and that I would be charged for using two devices. Eventually, after explaining the above the extra charges were removed - but they shouldn't have been there in the first place.

I used the internet for three 24-hour periods on two devices. That's Rs. 5700 for 72 hours of internet access. £80!? As I said, that is simply not acceptable.

Instead of trying to make a quick buck out of their guests, Trident should be leading the way and setting an example by offering free wi-fi to it's guests. Instead, they've decided to cash in on a lucrative market and make some extra money.

It's a shame, but this is the single reason as to why I shall not be staying at The Trident group of hotels again.

As I said, everything else about the hotel was superb - but they really shot themselves in the foot by charging such extortionate prices for access to the internet, something that should be free in this day and age - especially in a business hotel.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
BandraKurla-Trident, General Manager at Trident, Bandra Kurla, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2010

Dear Trip Advisor member,

Thank you for your comments on your stay at Trident, Bandra Kurla, Mumbai. I would like to take this opportunity to address some of your concerns.

With regard to internet pricing, we do have special rates and packages which are inclusive of internet services. In fact, we specifically have a package tailor-made for corporate guests called the ‘Business Travel Plus Package’ which includes internet, breakfast and an airport-to-hotel transfer at a very reasonable price. You could either call us directly to book this or make a reservation through our website.

I do apologise for the confusion with regard to the internet charges for the second device. As rightly told to you, this is complimentary if you have already selected a package on your primary device. We are in the process of re-configuring our internet log-in system to ensure more clarity and avoid similar issues in future.

Thank you once again for taking the time to comment on our services. My team and I assure you of our best services and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed November 7, 2010

I stayed at the Trident at Bandra Kurla from 1-3 Nov while attending the UBS conference. In general, service quality was excellent - staff were attentive, courteous, very willing to help! I would definitely recommend it to other business travellers to Mumbai. I just have two small things to bring up (in the interest of helping to further improve service levels). First, myself and a few other conference attendees were woken up at night by the sounds of furniture being moved - we stayed on the 8th floor and the rooms on the 9th and 10th floor were being used for conference breakout rooms. I suggest that in future that such furniture movements be carried out before sleep times so as not to wake up guests in the floor below. Second, we had hired out cars to go into Mumbai and one on occasion, the car was giving problems - the boot refused to close and we had to endure several teeth-jarring thumps as various staff tried to slam it shut (while we were still seated inside!) Suggest that the hotel evaluate other options for transport outsourcing.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
BandraKurla-Trident, General Manager at Trident, Bandra Kurla, Mumbai, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2010

Dear Trip Advisor member,

On behalf of the team at the hotel, I apologise for the inconvenience caused to you due to the noise disturbance at night on account of shifting of furniture in your conference breakout rooms. We will certainly ensure this does not happen in future instances when you have a conference with us.

I also apologise for the unpleasant experience with regard to the Avis car used by you. Your feedback has been shared with the Avis team at the hotel and I assure you that you will not face such an issue again.

My team and I hope to showcase an improvement in these areas on your next visit so that our hotel can become your preferred "home" in Mumbai!